Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Silver AgeGrading Help Needed

Please grade my ASM 469666

Collector Doran private msg quote post Address this user
Sent for cleaning and pressing and then grading, but would love to hear the thoughts of more experienced collectors while I wait for the grade. clickable text
Post 1 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@Doran - It presents beautifully from the front, but stains and oxidation on the back cover will really hurt the grade. I am thinking around a 5.0.

Here’s my 8.5 for comparison.

Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Doran private msg quote post Address this user
@esvaro Oh no, I may have been way too optimistic about this one. Thank you for the reality check
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
hard to guess a grade with a board and bag blocking the view but I am a notch below Ed, and going 4.5.....that spine is pretty worked over as well
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector Briten private msg quote post Address this user
I agree with darkseid that spine is in tough shape and the back will bring it down some more. Before press/clean i'm sitting at a 4.0

Let us know how you do.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
I'm liking it! I'd say more like a 6.0
Post 6 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkseid_of_town
hard to guess a grade with a board and bag blocking the view but I am a notch below Ed, and going 4.5.....that spine is pretty worked over as well

I agree! As is, no higher than 4.5
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
@Doran to me it looks like a 5.0 - 5.5
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector MarvelousComics private msg quote post Address this user
Well, on this one I am riding with GanaSoth. 5.0 - 5.5 after cleaning and pressing.
Post 9 IP   flag post
598060 9 9
This topic is archived. Start new topic?