Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Questions

CBCS Customer Service Complaint9633

Collector etapi65 private msg quote post Address this user
oof, this is a bad look for CBCS. I try to be positive and understanding, but this is just a crap-show. So you came to the booth with a pre-printed invoice, as is suggested by CBCS. On that form you clearly marked the special code. Then, the booth people created a new form for you and didn't put anything on it except "refer to invoice" because that's what they said to do...and they aren't (or are...you got two conflicting answers) going to honor it? eesh. I'm going to start getting the names of the people helping me at CBCS booths. I've found them to be very friendly and helpful overall, but man, what they're doing at the booth compared to expectations back at headquarters are NOT lining up.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector Noblebeast315 private msg quote post Address this user
@GAC I answer emails all day long for multiple programs and I would never treat a customer like that. There was a total lack of customer care there and they should care about that.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector Darryl_H private msg quote post Address this user
The promo code is something new to us as well.

Normally when we get the books in we generate several copies of the paperwork for use during the grading process.

Let me see what we can find out and I will let you know tomorrow. Also sorry for the confusion on our end as well..
Post 28 IP   flag post
@etapi65 I like their event staff very much. It’s actually the main reason I got in to using CBCS, but your right there is a disconnect from what their HQ wants and what is happening at the shows. It sucks how once you hand over your books it’s like CBCS just doesn’t want to be bothered. It’s like they just want you to send in your books and let them do their thing. If you have any questions call our hotline in India and THEY can rely your question to us.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector Wyldchyld private msg quote post Address this user
The CBCS rep wrote the promo code on my invoice at Heroes Con and the VSP discount and subtracted the amounts from my total but I was charged the full amount with no discounts.
Post 30 IP   flag post

@Wyldchyld what a mess. I personally feel like they really shouldn’t be any arguing about it or needing to prove anything. It was a limited time promotion that saved you ten bucks on a verified signature. Even if someone filled out the paperwork wrong you know they were trying to use the promotion. In the end it generated business for CBCS by encouraging folks to send in books they may not have sent in because of cost. Now you have incentivized customers to send in more books.
I hope you are able to get your books straighten out. Seems like we go their ear you might as well let them know.
Post 31 IP   flag post
Collector David1977 private msg quote post Address this user
I love the look of my CBCS books, but with all the issues I’ve been having with them, I am seriously thinking about using CGC from now on. I almost feel like I’ve been blacklisted and will be treated poor from now on. I’m worried my books will come back damaged again or just get shit grades. I messaged Steve Borock once to help but I don’t want to have to go to him all the time. I will probably co to use to buy other people’s books, but I may no longer submit mine to CBCS.
Post 32 IP   flag post
Collector Wyldchyld private msg quote post Address this user
Evey book that I have submitted has been at a Con. The people that work the cons for CBCS are great. And this is the 1st time I have used any discount codes. Thought since the CBCS rep filled out my invoice that it would be ok but there seems to be a disconnect between the hand written invoice and when they actually put the invoice in there system.
Post 33 IP   flag post
@Wyldchyld sounds like an issue. Have you emailed customer service?
Post 34 IP   flag post
@etapi65 hahahahahaha!!!! 🤣
Post 35 IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by etapi65
@Wyldchyld sounds like an issue. Have you emailed customer service?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noblebeast315

Oh man. This is a legitimate serious problem with a huge disconnect between field service reps (event staff) and the office/HQs employees with what's acceptable or not, also not to mention the lacking customer service skills and lack thereof sensitivity that has now become a joking matter.

Well, not really a joking matter, but when one goes through a lot of red-tape then something said in an ironic state can cause a person to laugh cause what else can they do? It becomes the classic "don't know whether to laugh or cry" situation.
Post 36 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noblebeast315

Yeah, I wasn't thinking in terms of them "helping". I was thinking in terms of documenting you've tried the suggested process before moving to more extreme options.
Post 37 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Hmm, my reply seems to have been deleted. Whoever did that, could you explain what the problem was with that post? Or what rule it violated? Surely my suggestion for resolving this problem wasn't objectionable...

@Noblebeast315, I know @GanaSoth saw the post, because he "liked" it, but I don't know if you did. I won't post it again, until I know how it was a violation of the rules and I can fix it. But you can probably find it in your inbox, if you are curious. At least you will if you get notifications the way I do, via email, of replies to forum posts you've previously commented on (or created). I think it was an elegant solution to the problem you laid out here. Certainly, it is quicker.

Cheers.
Post 38 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Ah, nevermind ... looks like you both saw it. Missed that email the first time.
Post 39 IP   flag post
Hello All, wanted to give an update and hope to end this thread on a high note. First off I want to thank all those who offered support and suggestions. It was much appreciated. I also wanted to say to those who also expressed there frustrations that this thread was valuable because I hope we can learn some things together, and hopefully have better avenues for solving our serious issues with CBCS.

Secondly I would like to thank Jake Fleming for reaching out to me and giving great effort to resolve my issues. Jake showed great professionalism and superior customer service skill by researching what went wrong with my order, and approaching each issue with a plan for a solution. His efforts not only helped solve my issues but will hopefully solve others customers issues for the future as well.

As much as we love the end results of having our books graded with CBCS, there have been some learning curbs for this company as they grow to be all of which we want them to be. I have seen accountability and resolve with CBCS’s efforts to try and correct these issues and I hope this is a commitment for better business practices in the future.

For those who have also experienced issues with not having your emails returned, CBCS will not return billing related questions from emails other than the email address they have on file. This is something to consider when emailing CBCS with sensitive billing questions. If you are not getting the responses you need from either the Phone line or by email, try and contact @Jake_Fleming directly though forum PM and allow at least 48 hours for response. I believe Jake is committed to assisting all of us and will at least respond with a timetable for the review of your issue.

Another thing I wanted to bring up is we as submitters need to be more accountable for our submissions at Conventions. As much as the CBCS staff may try to help us we can not expect them to know what all of our intentions are. We should ask to hand fill out our own forms and ask that the event staff review how we have filled out the form and initial any promotional code we hand write.

For those who are still experiencing issues with redemption of the verified signature code I hope this may have been of some help. Thank you again to you all, and thank you Jake for your diligence and resolving this matter. All the best.
Post 40 IP   flag post
600443 40 15
This topic is archived. Start new topic?