Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedCBCS Signature ASPCBCS Signature VSPComics Modern AgeQuestions

How can this be with only thing on grader notes?9620

I’m not an ant. I’m a rootin tootin Hornet! Zombie_Head private msg quote post Address this user

Not understanding how this got a 9.2 with only this as grader notes. I thought minimum 9.4 but I thought at least 9.6. Don’t understand.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector JLA555 private msg quote post Address this user
That is the worst notes. Did you email them?
Post 2 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
If you post a scan of the book it would be easier to tell.
Post 3 IP   flag post
I’m not an ant. I’m a rootin tootin Hornet! Zombie_Head private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos
If you post a scan of the book it would be easier to tell.

Just mail today don’t have in hand yet.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLA555
That is the worst notes. Did you email them?

No I didn’t e-mail them figured it wouldn’t make a difference.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector JLA555 private msg quote post Address this user
@Zombie_Head you never know until you try.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLA555
@Zombie_Head you never know until you try.

Last time I e-mailed them it took at least a week for a response back.
Post 7 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Fingerprint smudges on the front cover of a Modern Age book are a grade killer. The only thing worse would be a front cover crease.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
Fingerprint smudges on the front cover of a Modern Age book are a grade killer. The only thing worse would be a front cover crease.

I had it cleaned and pressed then it was sent in so I don’t want to say they did it but it’s possible it’s from either the grader or BAS when getting a certified autograph on the book.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Dry cleaning won't get rid of finger prints.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Quote:

Just looked at the photos I took before sending it in and it was there before I sent it so it wasn’t CBCS or BAS. I just missed it. Lol it happens.
Post 11 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
When I started sending books to CBCS for grading four years ago, every book had grader’s notes, even those that received 9.8’s. There was a lot more detail then; often 3 or more defects per book were mentioned, even on higher grades. Since there has been growing pressure to reduce turn around times, you don’t get any notes on 9.8’s anymore, and it looks like they only list the worst defect or two. Notes take time to type in (and could potentially create data entry errors), and time is money. So the good news is that the current TAT is at 5 weeks, the trade off is less information is available through the grader’s notes.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie_Head
Quote:

Just looked at the photos I took before sending it in and it was there before I sent it so it wasn’t CBCS or BAS. I just missed it. Lol it happens.

Happens to the best of us. I've missed all kinds of crap even when looking right at it.
Post 13 IP   flag post
If that is the only defect it killed it two grades dang. Kinda harsh lol
Post 14 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Maybe we should start a list:
- finger prints (-0.2 to -0.4)
- smudges (-0.4 to -0.6)
And so on.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Collector etapi65 private msg quote post Address this user
I sent a Spectacular SPider man NYCC 2007 special edition came back...an 8.0 (don't want to get up to look) and was like wtf happened. THe spine was "split" but not really separated and was nearly impossible to see on a mostly white spine...Oh well.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
I have an invincible iron man 7 (1st Riri) with a light finger print/smudge on the cover dead center...I guess I know now what grade to assign it. I paid cover so it’s still a win.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Captain Accident the420bandito private msg quote post Address this user
I had a modern with color lift that graded 7.5.
Post 18 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
That reminds me that when I finish eating, I need to bag some comics.

Post 19 IP   flag post
598062 19 19
This topic is archived. Start new topic?