Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedQuestions

Chinese counterfeit?9607

Collector Beney117 private msg quote post Address this user
I just bought on EBay an ASM 101 (first MORBIUS) graded 5.5 by CBCS for 100$ CAD (so maybe 70$ US). The shipping was even free! I thought I found a good deal but now I’m a little nervous. The seller is new and has 0 review. The item is also shipped from China (which is even weirder with the free shipping). I checked the certification number, and it’s legit. Still, this is a very odd situation. Do you think this may be a scam?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Terry88 private msg quote post Address this user
Keep us posted!
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector etapi65 private msg quote post Address this user
Anything purchased from a foreign country could be a scam. Coming from China increases that chance and low/no reviews increases even more. But, yeah, keep us posted.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
If the seller is pokascomics, from Hong Kong, you have nothing to worry about.
Post 4 IP   flag post
"Forum Overlord" bah ha ha ha... JustThatGuy private msg quote post Address this user
Depends. I bought something from Hong Kong and the guy shipped it and he has 100% feedbacks. But I also saw a seller from China selling FF 4 Annual 6 with 0 feedback, so I reported him. He used pictures from Coast to Coast Comics that I bid on the week prior. He didn’t even bother to take out Coast to Coast Comics in the item descriptions.
Post 5 IP   flag post

f

If that can help you (sorry for the french)
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector biggorillascomics private msg quote post Address this user
Total scam. There was a secret wars 8 signed by Romita/Lee and a bunch of others for about the same money. Free shipping as well, from a Chinese seller with no feedback.

I got a tracking number and then buddy deleted the account. Couldn't even check the message he sent with the tracking number. Thankfully it was also listed on my PayPal invoice, so I checked it out only to find out it was for an item being shipped to America, not Canada. I started a dispute and within about an hour I had the money refunded.

So yeah, I'm gonna say its the same crew.
Post 7 IP   flag post
So if there any problem, I can get a refund easily?
Post 8 IP   flag post
I just found out it’s the same exact post from an other offer... so yeah a scam
Post 9 IP   flag post
"Forum Overlord" bah ha ha ha... JustThatGuy private msg quote post Address this user
@Beney117 call eBay. They will take care of you.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Just send them an email.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beney117
I just bought on EBay an ASM 101 (first MORBIUS) graded 5.5 by CBCS for 100$ CAD (so maybe 70$ US). The shipping was even free! I thought I found a good deal but now I’m a little nervous. The seller is new and has 0 review. The item is also shipped from China (which is even weirder with the free shipping). I checked the certification number, and it’s legit. Still, this is a very odd situation. Do you think this may be a scam?

i am based in Hong Kong and i can 100% say that you will never see the item

check my facebook for how some of these scams work

https://www.facebook.com/1973482906291072/posts/2027125804260115?s=815689783&sfns=mo
Post 12 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
When you see a key issue dirt cheap that's coming from China, run, total scam. Check your delivery schedule. It's probably way out there. They will tie up your money for a long time. Contact Ebay and have them step in and cancel the transaction
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
I report ads like this almost daily.

I’ve seen it with: TOS 39, TOS 52, early ASM keys, etc.

All under the same criteria:

Key issue for dirt cheap (under $100, usually in the $79 range).

From China.

Zero feedback.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector doog private msg quote post Address this user
Scam, you will get a refund if you report, please do
Post 15 IP   flag post
Collector RRO private msg quote post Address this user
A shame really, this was the rare Charlton variant.
Post 16 IP   flag post
I’m really naive, how did I not saw this coming
Post 17 IP   flag post
Joined The Club Steverogers11 private msg quote post Address this user
Lol was gonna ask u same question
Post 18 IP   flag post
Collector Paulbg2000 private msg quote post Address this user
(Here he goes with the shipping rant again...)

Anything comic related that ships to Canada free is probably a scam....
Post 19 IP   flag post
Joined The Club Steverogers11 private msg quote post Address this user
Yep
Post 20 IP   flag post
I contacted EBay, they refund me and deleted the account. I did not expect the situation to resolve that fast.
Post 21 IP   flag post
Technically, how can EBay be 100% sure this is a scam? We all know it is, but why did they instantly believe me? What if I deceided to create a new EBay account, list some comics at low price and then someone report me because they think I am a scam?
Post 22 IP   flag post
Collector etapi65 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beney117
Technically, how can EBay be 100% sure this is a scam? We all know it is, but why did they instantly believe me? What if I deceided to create a new EBay account, list some comics at low price and then someone report me because they think I am a scam?
Excellent question, and if they're so sure, so quickly...why do they allow all these flood of new accounts to be created in the first place.
Post 23 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
The zero feedback is a big part of it.

Starting an e-bay a account & instantly listing suspicious ads is no way to start. Build a reputation if you just want to sell books cheap. And there’s a big difference between selling cheap and essentially giving a book away.

They also see this on a daily basis. It’s a judgment call, sure, but an educated call.
Post 24 IP   flag post
I mean when the guy listed “Coast to Coast Comics” in his descriptions and he’s from China,(new member 2019 and zero feedback) it’s a pretty good indication that this is a scam.
Post 25 IP   flag post
597887 25 25
This topic is archived. Start new topic?