Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern AgeMovies TelevisionMovies TelevisionPop Culture

What if..9602

Collector Topsykrets private msg quote post Address this user
With the announcement of the what if marvel series makes me wonder if the value of all the what if’s will go up now I’m not expecting much but what is everyone else’s thoughts
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topsykrets
With the announcement of the what if marvel series makes me wonder if the value of all the what if’s will go up now I’m not expecting much but what is everyone else’s thoughts

No. Only the ones that have actual episodes that are obvious ties to a particular issue. And it’s a TV show which means the impact won’t be near what it is if it were a movie adaptation. Look at What If #10, for example. That ain’t cause of the tv series being announced.

This is not a new announcement. And when it was announced a few months ago prices flinched at best.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Maybe issue #1??? othet issues not so much
Post 3 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
I've always enjoyed reading them, an alternative ending to a movie and how everything that happens in life, though may be painful, it is the best case scenario. I was fortunate to pick up an almost complete set years ago, since I grew up reading them I cherish the first series more
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
I sold off most of my What If? comics years ago, but I ended up acquiring some scattered issues in some collections I bought. I do actually have the Jane foster/Thor issue. I guess that's a good thing.

Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector Virgincollector private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51
I sold off most of my What If? comics years ago, but I ended up acquiring some scattered issues in some collections I bought. I do actually have the Jane foster/Thor issue. I guess that's a good thing.

this one should go up because of the Thor movie🤷‍♂️
Post 6 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user

@Virgincollector this one too, just announced the blade reboot, look at Ebay sells yesterday for all the sold issues of what if 10 and tod 10. Got this mark jewelers signed tod 10 last year for a steal, really happy now
Post 7 IP   flag post
To answer your question, no, this is not where the comics go to die. MutantMania private msg quote post Address this user
Wow I guess I am going to have to dig mine out. I know I have a few copies of issue 10 somewhere
Post 8 IP   flag post
Captain Accident the420bandito private msg quote post Address this user
I have a near complete 9.8 graded run of the first series with raw doubles and triples.

It's the first series I chased when I returned to collecting. A good amount of them are tough squarebound books as well.

I won't be able to retire off them but I expect a small uptick in interest after the announcement...
Post 9 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by the420bandito
I have a near complete 9.8 graded run of the first series with raw doubles and triples.

It's the first series I chased when I returned to collecting. A good amount of them are tough squarebound books as well.

I won't be able to retire off them but I expect a small uptick in interest after the announcement...

The price of a graded 9.4 more than doubled in the last 24 hours.
Post 10 IP   flag post
597875 10 10
This topic is archived. Start new topic?