Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Pop Culture

"Blade" actor announced at SDCC9601

Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
According to Heroic Hollywood, Mahershala Ali will be the new Blade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by article
Oscar winner Mahershala Ali has signed on to play Blade in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige announced on Saturday.

More to comeā€¦

I enjoyed Wesley, but I can see this working out well!!

Post 1 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Cottonmouth was the best part of Luke Cage!

I'm excited to see his take on Blade

Also, Natalie Portman is returning to MCU as Jane Foster as Thor in the next Thor movie. I'm more surprised as I thought she'd sworn off the MCU after Thor The Dark World
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Lisa private msg quote post Address this user
Mahershala Ali was very good as Dr. Donald Shirley in Green Book With Viggo Mortensen.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector kooljazz1966 private msg quote post Address this user
Great choice for Blade!!
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite
Cottonmouth was the best part of Luke Cage!

I'm excited to see his take on Blade

Also, Natalie Portman is returning to MCU as Jane Foster as Thor in the next Thor movie. I'm more surprised as I thought she'd sworn off the MCU after Thor The Dark World
I agree. His role as Cottonmouth was one of the strengths of the Luke Cage series. I think he will do Blade justice.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector teacha777 private msg quote post Address this user
I heard he called them and damn near demanded it lol. Can't turn down an award winner. He was amazing as Uncle Aaron in Into The Spider Verse. Wesley does need a check though with all his tax debt but he is too old anyway to play the character.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by teacha777
I heard he called them and damn near demanded it lol. Can't turn down an award winner. He was amazing as Uncle Aaron in Into The Spider Verse. Wesley does need a check though with all his tax debt but he is too old anyway to play the character.
your right, he was good in that too.
Post 7 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JLS_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
He first came on to my radar with the movie Predators back in 2010. One of the few of the recent Alien/Predator franchise that I enjoy

Post 8 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
I was kind of hoping for Taron Egerton.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson

That would be an interesting choice for Blade. I don't think it would land well with audiences though.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector kooljazz1966 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Egerton appears to be tapped to be the Hugh Jackman's successor as the next actor to assume the role as Wolverine.
Post 11 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kooljazz1966
Quote:

Egerton appears to be tapped to be the Hugh Jackman's successor as the next actor to assume the role as Wolverine.

my understanding is this is an unsubstatiated rumor.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector PlayTimeComics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
I could see Taron as Prince Namor.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
I like him as an actor. However, he's 45 years old. They must only see one or two films with him as Blade.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector Lisa private msg quote post Address this user
Towmater I don't think that age has anything to do with it a lot of older actors are doing sequels to films including Sly Stallone (Escape Plan 3)and Tom Cruise (Top Gun 2: Maverick)
Post 15 IP   flag post
@Lisa

I don't think the physicality involved in Top Gun 2 would be at the same level as a Blade movie. My post that is based upon the physicality of comic and the Wesley Snipes movies. Who knows maybe they are going to pivot and treat the character differently in the new movies.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towmater
@Lisa

I don't think the physicality involved in Top Gun 2 would be at the same level as a Blade movie. My post that is based upon the physicality of comic and the Wesley Snipes movies. Who knows maybe they are going to pivot and treat the character differently in the new movies.

He can make two movies and die at the end of the 2nd one. They can retire the character for good and then have some other unrelated character mourn over his loss for a third movie.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Collector moodswing private msg quote post Address this user
All I am concerned about if this guy can fight. Same with the Shang Chi movie. If we get another Iron Fist situation, I will not be happy.
Post 18 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51
Quote:
@Lisa

He can make two movies and die at the end of the 2nd one. They can retire the character for good and then have some other unrelated character mourn over his loss for a third movie.

At the rate they make movies then they'd better get on it. The second one wouldn't come out until he's 48 to 50 years old.
Post 19 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51
Quote:
@Lisa

At the rate they make movies then they'd better get on it. The second one wouldn't come out until he's 48 to 50 years old.

They can do it in CGI. CGI can do wonders now. LOL!
Post 20 IP   flag post
I have some ideas for his movie. Cameo in Dr Strange, with the Nightstalker to help take down Nightmare. Or just a end credit cameo then a movie in phase 5 (some time after 2021). As recently as last year, there were 2 projects in the works. We might get something announced for Hulu as well, maybe his daughter, maybe at D23.

Post 21 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
One thing to bear in mind about Stallone....he has made the shrewd move of buying all rights to the characters from his movies over the years...be it Rambo, rocky or the expendables....so its his money, his studio, and his choice to keep playing these characters far into his later years. That is why we keep getting Rambo, and Rocky related sequels...its all about the Benjamins and he has all the rights to the characters
Post 22 IP   flag post
600870 22 22
This topic is archived. Start new topic?