Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Bronze AgeComics Copper AgeComics Golden AgeComics Modern AgeComics Silver Age

SDCC wallbooks!9573

COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Today was Preview Night at SDCC! I won’t be back again till Saturday but I took a few pictures of wall books for you guys. Maybe others can post more in the meantime

Post 1 IP   flag post
"Forum Overlord" bah ha ha ha... JustThatGuy private msg quote post Address this user
Nice nice
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
Super nice! I wish I was there... thx for the pics.
Post 3 IP   flag post
@dielinfinite if you can, find out how much a TMNT #95 SDCC Edition cost and let me know and take a pic of the seller(s) website name or business card please. Thanks!
Post 4 IP   flag post
@GanaSoth Apparently IDW isn’t bringing any to the show. I’d imagine if I did find one, it would be from a third-party for scalper-level markups
Post 5 IP   flag post
@dielinfinite ah.... awww, IDW let us down... that sucks.
Thanks though, I appreciate ya.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Ima gonna steal this and look for some occasion to use it! IronMan private msg quote post Address this user
@dielinfinite
Great post, thanks!
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
No chance, I know, but I’d love one of the SDCC Batmobiles From Jada Toys.

Edition size was only 300. What’s wrong with them?

clickable text
Post 8 IP   flag post
@00slim Damn that’s nice! I might’ve been able to snag one from you tonight had I known ahead of time.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector Rafel private msg quote post Address this user
Some pretty cool shot!! Thank you for them and I wish I was there too.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
@dielinfinite Nice photos. If you see a Giant Size X men in an 8.5 can you tell me what they are asking? Thanks.
Post 11 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JLS_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
Great photos, thanks for sharing these and I'm envious that you're there this week! I love the couple rows of horror books
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector KCBatmanFan private msg quote post Address this user
The whole Spectre story from Adventure #439 by Aparo is freaking awesome.
Post 13 IP   flag post
@BrianGreensnips Just comparing prices or would you like me to grab their contact info/business card for you?
Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector infinityG private msg quote post Address this user
wow intense!
Post 15 IP   flag post
Collector Sagii private msg quote post Address this user
Superworld bought the GOODS!!!
Post 16 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
After going to their website....that comic-press.com guy doesn't know much about pressing comics. Or, what an actual spine roll is. Thank you.
Post 17 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagii
Superworld bought the GOODS!!!

All the way from Holden, Massachusetts!?
Post 18 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite
@BrianGreensnips Just comparing prices or would you like me to grab their contact info/business card for you?
Just curious on price. Thanks
Post 19 IP   flag post
Collector ZosoRocks private msg quote post Address this user
Ah yes...SDCC....I remember it well.

*dream bubble appears*

I remember 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, and 2000....and then again in 2007 for the SW 30th Anniv.

If you wiki the attendance levels....the 90s were the prime yrs.

Anyhow.

Good luck. Great fun if you never been to one. Just be prepared to not get through online when buying for even one day....very hard to do.
Post 20 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite
@GanaSoth Apparently IDW isn’t bringing any to the show. I’d imagine if I did find one, it would be from a third-party for scalper-level markups

It was an SDCC exclusive....as in it was excluded from being sold at SDCC...
Post 21 IP   flag post
@dielinfinite So, did ya pick anything up at the show?
Post 22 IP   flag post
@00slim Not a ton but a good haul

A few blanks, the New Mutants 98 Facsimile Homage Cover, Marvelman Classic Vol. 1 TPB, and the Pestilence Vol. 1 TPB. I'm gunning towards a job with After Shock and I've been very curious about Pestilence so I get to read up on one of their books and read a story I've been curious about.

I picked up this cover prelim from Billy Tucci that he'd been holding for me for a couple of years. I'd already picked up another prelim from this same cover

I got this signed by John Romita Jr and colored by Joseph Michael Linsner. I'm super happy with how it came out! It's with CBCS along with a few other signed books.

Nabbed this neat little Daredevil figure for my desk at work. I'm severely lacking in Marvel goodies on my desk.

Finally, I grabbed Billy Tucci's Shi Boudoir Metal cover (censored for your protection), now that CBCS is grading metal covers

I also picked up a couple copies of Venom: Tooth and Claw #3, which I gave to Billy Tucci and Tim Bradstreet who are good friends. I swear I'll get a copy, sign it myself, and get it slabbed in a yellow label for my personal collection

Post 23 IP   flag post
@dielinfinite Nice eclectic mix.

The Shi prelim is awesome & the Boudoir Metal cover is beautiful.

What did Tucci & Bradstreet think of your early sketch being published in Tooth & Claw?
Post 24 IP   flag post
I've known them both for years so they thought it was fun. It reminded me recently how Bradstreet had mentioned that, Bernie Wrightson, I think, had some of his fan art published in an old EC comic. His stuff was way better than mine, obviously but it was still a neat bit of trivia.
Post 25 IP   flag post
For sure. I recently picked up the Alex Ross ‘Marvelocity’ art Book. He puts his childhood drawings through the years along side his current painted pieces. It’s very cool to see.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim
@dielinfinite So, did ya pick anything up at the show?

Yes!
Post 27 IP   flag post
598060 27 27
This topic is archived. Start new topic?