Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

eBay canceled my listings..9560

Collector Gabriel85301 private msg quote post Address this user
TRASH..

I was just trying to maximize my listing..

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector michaelekrupp private msg quote post Address this user
Interesting. This must be a new policy as I have seen several other items listed before in this fashion. I wonder if CGC made some kind of formal complaint to stop this?
Post 2 IP   flag post
Some of my listings are still up though..
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector andy49 private msg quote post Address this user
maybe another ebayer made a complaint
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
It's because they are CBCS graded comics and he put in (not CGC) to maximize his views...
So this team up between eBay & CGC now warrants them the right to pull our sales? BS....
Post 5 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GanaSoth
It's because they are CBCS graded comics and he put in (not CGC) to maximize his views...
So this team up between eBay & CGC now warrants them the right to pull our sales? BS....

also gotta make sure the buyer does NOT BUY THE WRONG PRODUCT as they may think it's NOT a CGC 9.8 listing.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Let US see how long it takes before they catch this one

https://www.ebay.com/itm/SIGNED-9-6-CBCS-Not-9-8-CGC-Captain-Marvel-1-Variant-Movie-Brie-Larson/333166665393
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel85301
TRASH..

I was just trying to maximize my listing..

It is against eBay keyword spamming policy
https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/listing-policies/search-browse-manipulation-policy?id=4243

eBay does not look for it themselves but they do take actions if someone reports a listing.

You have now received an eBay warning.

If eBay takes action against you again these are the next strikes

1. 1 day seller suspension
2. 7 days seller suspension
3. 30 days seller suspension
4. Permanent seller suspension

Seller suspension means that you cannot upload new / edit existing listings
Post 8 IP   flag post
I am being comical and having a good laugh about it.

I understand, but eBay should be consistent.

I'm just giving people options when they can't afford a CGC 9.8

Post 9 IP   flag post
Captain Accident the420bandito private msg quote post Address this user
I sold a CBCS book that had "not CGC" in the title. The buyer accused me of bait and switch lol. Who buys a book with out viewing the scans? Persons excuse was they bought it on their cell phone.... Riiiiiight.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Personally, I like it when people mention "not CBCS" or "not CGC" in their add. It makes it easier to find all the graded copies, if that's what I'm looking for. Otherwise, I have to use an OR, which is annoying.

I did a search for the phrase "not CBCS," and came up with 469 results. "Not CGC" was another ~2200 results.
Post 11 IP   flag post
we can't FORGET PDX and HALO listings
Post 12 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
If CGC is behind this then they're likely just trying to protect their brand. People in the know put CBCS and CGC in their title to maximize views because both grading companies are in good standing (I highly doubt PGX is used in the same way...i.e. not PGX). Kinda like when you're at a restaurant and you order a Coke but they serve Pepsi...they have to ask you if Pepsi is ok. This is a demand made by Pepsi (and Coke going the other way) to demonstrate there's a difference between the two products.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel85301
I am being comical and having a good laugh about it.

I understand, but eBay should be consistent.

I'm just giving people options when they can't afford a CGC 9.8

you can laugh all you want - but just telling you if someone reports one of your listings again - then next time you will receive a 1 day suspension. once you reach the permanent suspension tier - you will never again be allowed to sell on ebay - that is their policy
Post 14 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
If CGC is behind this then they're likely just trying to protect their brand. People in the know put CBCS and CGC in their title to maximize views because both grading companies are in good standing (I highly doubt PGX is used in the same way...i.e. not PGX). Kinda like when you're at a restaurant and you order a Coke but they serve Pepsi...they have to ask you if Pepsi is ok. This is a demand made by Pepsi (and Coke going the other way) to demonstrate there's a difference between the two products.

nothing to do with CGC - ebay has had this policy for years - however they only enforce it if someone reports a listing
Post 15 IP   flag post
just to illustrate - i got hit 16 months ago when a CGC boardie/stalker (yes know who he is - and it ended up with that i reported him to ebay security for harassment and profanity after which i never heard from him again) reported one of my listings

Post 16 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
More than likely, someone reported the listing for key word spamming.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Collector etapi65 private msg quote post Address this user
Huh...I guess it's because it's a brand name. I actually appreciate this when I do my searches so I don't have to do an completely different search. Hmmm, I might have an auction up like this too.
Post 18 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Just follow the rules like anyone else.
Post 19 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
A discussion on this very subject resulted in the longest and most heated thread I’ve ever participated in on this board.

It also resulted in a board member reporting a few of my listings.

I don’t agree with the rule, but I understand that I don’t set the rules, either. It isn’t worth a strike on my record.
Post 20 IP   flag post
Collector moodswing private msg quote post Address this user
Ebay complaining about keyword spamming yet when I list items, some times they don't even come up in a standard search.
Post 21 IP   flag post
Why just the women? I like bears. Gaard private msg quote post Address this user
Personally, I hate those words ("not ___" ) when searching.
Post 22 IP   flag post
Collector Wraith private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaard
Personally, I hate those words ("not ___" ) when searching.
agreed .. if searching for "something" I don't want to be confronted with a list of "not something" ... eBay is right to shut it down as it could get out of control with every single product search which would make their platform a hassle for buyers searching for what they want.
Post 23 IP   flag post
Collector Doc_Cop private msg quote post Address this user
I had listings where I put "CGC it" and a member complained and my listings got pulled down as well. As my mother would say.."This too shall pass". Nuff said.
Post 24 IP   flag post
Collector Doc_Cop private msg quote post Address this user
With EBay owning PayPal and now being in bed with CGC, I can see hurdles to jump in the future for CBCS.
Post 25 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
per wiki....ebay doesn't own paypal. Still I agree with the hurdles in the future statement...."It was announced on September 30, 2014, that eBay would spin off PayPal into a separate publicly traded company, a move demanded in 2013 by activist hedge fund magnate Carl Icahn. The spin-off was completed on July 18, 2015.[50][51][52] Dan Schulman is the current President and CEO, with former eBay CEO John Donahoe serving as chairman.[49] On Jan 31, 2018 eBay announced that, "After the existing eBay-PayPal agreement ends in 2020, PayPal will remain a payment option for shoppers on eBay, but it won’t be prominently featured ahead of debit and credit card options as it is today. PayPal will cease to process card payments for eBay at that time." [53][54]
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector ZosoRocks private msg quote post Address this user
Does this mean I can no longer use these "key words" when selling an album??

RARE
HTF
VHTF
MONO
STEREO
a visual grade - SS/ M / NM / VG+ / VG / P

FYI - all of these ARE CONSIDERED "key words" to me, because they too are used by me and I would imagine, many other sellers too, in order to attract business to their channel and products.

Now eBay wants to be "SPECIFIC" in their key word selection policy with specific key words?

Hmmmm...sounds like a double standard to me.

As a seller, this won't go very far if pushed back by sellers.

Hmmmm.....interesting topic.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector etapi65 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZosoRocks
Does this mean I can no longer use these "key words" when selling an album??

RARE
HTF
VHTF
MONO
STEREO
a visual grade - SS/ M / NM / VG+ / VG / P

FYI - all of these ARE CONSIDERED "key words" to me, because they too are used by me and I would imagine, many other sellers too, in order to attract business to their channel and products.

Now eBay wants to be "SPECIFIC" in their key word selection policy with specific key words?

Hmmmm...sounds like a double standard to me.

As a seller, this won't go very far if pushed back by sellers.

Hmmmm.....interesting topic.

I thought about this a lot. Those words still describe your item without invoking the name of another company/trademark. Putting CGC in the title or a CBCS listing, does not describe the item. It describes what it isn't and is completely unrelated to the product itself. I, personally, prefer for all slabs to come up when I'm searching for a comic. So, now, i just type in the comic I'm looking for and the grade I'm looking for. Usually catches all the CBCS/CGC/PGX.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
Would they allow:
Blah blah #1 NM (CBCS or CGC it)
I've seen lots of auctions like that.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GanaSoth
Would they allow:
Blah blah #1 NM (CBCS or CGC it)
I've seen lots of auctions like that.

nope - keyword spamming
Post 30 IP   flag post
600858 50 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?