Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern Age

Help Identifying a Venom Comic9555

COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Hi guys! I’m wondering if you guys can help me find the Venom book this Fan Art page appeared in?

The page printed some of my fan art and I’m hoping to pick up some copies at SDCC this week to give away to a few friends.

To narrow it down, it should be in one of the Venom mini-series from the mid-90s. I’m pretty sure there was some fan art of the character Hybrid as well so 1996. Along Came a Spider is unlikely but possible. I think it’s more likely in The Hunted or The Hunger. I didn’t get the mini-series after that so it probably wasn’t in those. Unfortunately most online comic readers omit these kinds of pages.

Thanks in advance you guys!
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector QuaBrot private msg quote post Address this user
Thats a great reason to hunt a comic! Congrats (even tho it was a while ago). Good luck!
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Cowabunga_Kyle private msg quote post Address this user
Did you keep at it? If so I want to see some of your more recent work!
Post 3 IP   flag post
@QuaBrot Thanks! I’ve narrowed it down to those two mini-series so it shouldn’t be too difficult to find it’s just that my older books are stashed away and it’ll be a hassle to try digging them up. Hopefully someone here has easier access to them
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector danzies private msg quote post Address this user
I believe I have one or both of those sets, I'll take a look for it.
Post 5 IP   flag post
@danzies thank you! I appreciate the help!
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector danzies private msg quote post Address this user
Its not in "Along came a spider" or "The Hunger" I even checked out "The Madness" So its a good possibility its "The Hunted". Sorry I couldn't help further.
Post 7 IP   flag post
@danzies Thanks! That definitely narrows it down quite a bit!
Post 8 IP   flag post
@Masochism Yes and No. While I didn’t pursue my childhood dream of being a comic book artist (though I AM trying to find an Assistant Editor spot at either IDW or Aftershock), I did stick with the arts though I mostly dabble in whatever interests me here and there while developing more in the unseen side of things career-wise, writing, producing, directing, designing, etc.

The stuff below is mostly in chronological order with the sketches at the start being from about high school (~15 years ago) and the stuff at the bottom 1-2 years ago:

Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector robertofredrico private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite
Hi guys! I’m wondering if you guys can help me find the Venom book this Fan Art page appeared in?

The page printed some of my fan art and I’m hoping to pick up some copies at SDCC this week to give away to a few friends.

To narrow it down, it should be in one of the Venom mini-series from the mid-90s. I’m pretty sure there was some fan art of the character Hybrid as well so 1996. Along Came a Spider is unlikely but possible. I think it’s more likely in The Hunted or The Hunger. I didn’t get the mini-series after that so it probably wasn’t in those. Unfortunately most online comic readers omit these kinds of pages.

It's Venom: Tooth and Claw #3

Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector Cowabunga_Kyle private msg quote post Address this user
@robertofredrico well hawt dayum!
Post 11 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertofredrico
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite

It's Venom: Tooth and Claw #3

Awesome! Thank you! Strange, I could’ve sworn it was in a book I owned but I guess not lol!
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
I've had some letters I wrote published in comics. It's kinda weird to see your name printed in a comic. As a joke, a comic shop had me sign the letters page of some unsold comics they had in stock. Someone is going to buy a comic in a dollar bin one day and find out it has my signature in it. LOL!
Post 13 IP   flag post
598038 13 13
This topic is archived. Start new topic?