Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern AgeQuestionsRaw Comics For Sale

ComicXposure issues?9551

Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
ComicXposure.
Have you guys tried to get in contact with them before? I just tried calling both the numbers listed on their website, neither one are working numbers.

I have an order with them for some comics that have been out a while now & my order is still in "unfulfilled" status. I have sent numerous emails as well; no response.

Have any of you had issues with them?
Post 1 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@GanaSoth

They have the email of comicxposure@gmail.com

And the ability to message them in Facebook if you happen to use their service.

The bright side is, someone posted within past 4 hours. So they arent out of business yet.
Post 2 IP   flag post
@Bronte yeah. I'm on their mailing list & they still list new comics for sale etc...
Post 3 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
If it makes you feel better, unknown buys some of their stuff from comics elites which determines when unknown gets their stuff.

That spidey book with mumm raa. Is still MIA and I can only imagine when it pops up.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Oh. And they give you excuses BEFORE getting your order number.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
If you close your eyes and randomly select a comic collecting FB group you will 100% find a rant on how terrible ComicExposure is...and rightfully so.

I haven't ordered from them since an issue I had nearly 2yrs ago.I did not get a response from them though multiple emails, Faceboom DMs, and instagram DMs until I blasted them on their Instagram page. Then all of a sudden 7 months later my book came in. People have had similar situations where their issue was only resolved after going through extreme measures. That company is a joke.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
I wish there was a PSA for comicxposure to avoid them On this site and all sites. Every month or two someone starts a comicxposure thread, and it’s always the same story.

When it was me, I also did not get any response from emails or calls. I went to their facbook and messaged them and posted on their page. Again, ignored...and the messages (even though they were completely civil) were deleted). I had to go through one of their affiliates to get them to ship me my books a year ago. I have a much better business relationship with that affiliate.

Never ever again will i order from them, or one of their comics through an affiliate.

When I did get it it was a very nice 9.6/9.8 copy though!

Sorry, @GanaSoth. I recommend trying messenger and posting on Facebook. See what happens. Good luck.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Second @Drogio and his civil approach. I too did this and had comments deleted before I turned it up a notch.

It's almost a right of passage to get con'd by ComicExposure.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Well.. I don't have FaceBook or I would leave nasty comments. They are located in NY & I actually travel to NY all the time through work, so I might have to pay their physical location a visit & get my money back... or enough comics to make up the amount they stole from me, and them some for my inconvenience...
Post 9 IP   flag post
Their address is:
3606 Kingsbridge Ave
Suite 3k
Bronx, NY 10463
Post 10 IP   flag post
If you paid with Paypal, I would put in a claim with Paypal and see if you can get your money back.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector dpiercy private msg quote post Address this user
Yup, many consider getting ripped off by ComicXposure to be a rite of passage in this hobby.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
I've found the best way to get in contact with them is to file a fraudulent purchase claim against them. Magically, your books show up a few days later. I would advise everyone to never buy from them. There is another seller who actually is able to get in contact with them. I'll see if I can find the info.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
CGC thread on ComicXposure

@BabaLament can probably go in more detail. NY Collector Cave can be a mediator of sorts when dealing with ComicXposure.
Post 14 IP   flag post
This was my first and last purchase with them. I will be filing a fraudulent purchase claim against them as @Studley_Dudley suggested. They want to be dirty and sneaky, so can I.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Collector antoniofett private msg quote post Address this user
"I love ComicXposure and I have never had an issue with them or their services."

- Nobody
Post 16 IP   flag post
Collector Doc_Cop private msg quote post Address this user
Well here is their apartment building in Da Boogie down Bronx! Nuff said....

Post 17 IP   flag post
Collector etapi65 private msg quote post Address this user
I ordered from ComicXposure twice to get some variants. Both times I had major issues with the order. ONe of them, I just 100% got the wrong comic; it was never resolved. It was a signed comic and I got a difference comic signed by the right person. Never any answer, never any refund, never any fix. I've never (and will never) order from them again. It's a scam where they fullfill just enough correctly to somehow stay in business.
Post 18 IP   flag post
Collector chirock private msg quote post Address this user
I ordered from them once on 2018-05-30. I emailed them on 06-21 and 06-27 with no response. I did eventually receive the items after they shipped on 07-12. I probably won't try them again, but I wouldn't say it was a bad experience since I received my items.
Post 19 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JLS_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
I've had shipping and communication issues with them in the past. The only way I've been successful and found resolution was via Facebook messenger
Post 20 IP   flag post
Collector lawguy1977 private msg quote post Address this user
Sorry @GanaSoth, but welcome to the fold. As you can see, you're not alone on getting scammed by that garbage company. I ordered some books last year, including a Jim Lee variant of Batman Damned #1. It took multiple emails to get them to respond, and then half of my order they didn't fill but just refunded. They never sent me the Jim Lee variant but claimed they did as part of the order they actually shipped, and I just got so frustrated that I gave up.

And then I got on here and found out that I was just another in a long line of people scammed.
Post 21 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
Another winner of the Dumbass Award for worst customer service is Dynamic Forces!

I sent 13 emails for their screw up and NEVER got an answer or reply. I will never do business with them again!
Post 22 IP   flag post
Collector etapi65 private msg quote post Address this user
I too will never use them again; dynamic forces that is...they technically still owe me $120 from 2007....SOmewhere on these boards is a Dynamic Forces airing of grievances. Also, check-out their Better Business Bureau ratings; it's amazing they're still in business, but big names keep doing exclusives with them.
Post 23 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc_Cop
Well here is their apartment building in Da Boogie down Bronx! Nuff said....

I did the same search. I was trying to figure out which storefront was theirs.

Post 24 IP   flag post
Collector Wraith private msg quote post Address this user
Facebook messenger ...

And don't expect a response until threatening to charge back credit card.

My books arrived 5 months late after having ordered them 6 months in advance
Post 25 IP   flag post
Collector Doc_Cop private msg quote post Address this user
Collector, it is not one of these store fronts. When a bogus business utilizes a mail drop location they will indicate a suite which are usually three digits long with no letters. In this case the Suite 3K indicates an actual apartment on the third floor.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector antoniofett private msg quote post Address this user
Right now everyone want to raid Area 51. I say lets raid ComicXposure.
Post 27 IP   flag post
FYI, beware user drewbizz on eBay. It’s been theorized that this user and the one who owns Comicxposure are one-in-the-same.

If not, they have very close ties.

Feel free to scan their feedback ....there is no shortage of negative responses...some people just don’t read feedback or care.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GanaSoth
Well.. I don't have FaceBook or I would leave nasty comments. They are located in NY & I actually travel to NY all the time through work, so I might have to pay their physical location a visit & get my money back... or enough comics to make up the amount they stole from me, and them some for my inconvenience...

NYCollectorCave actually has a store front (in the Bronx, no less!) and I’ve had good experiences with them. They seem to have some affiliation with CX, as they sell some of their exclusives. IF you absolutely have to have an upcoming CX exclusive (shame on you, btw), go through NYCC. You’ll have a much better chance of a smooth transaction.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector Ladic private msg quote post Address this user
for online I use Mycomicshop and midtown comics or ebay. Milehigh comics prices are insane, although I would love to go into one of their huge warehouse stored.
Post 30 IP   flag post
601283 35 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?