Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
QuestionsSignatures

Signature Verification using AAA COA9524

Collector NaughtaPoet private msg quote post Address this user
I just picked up a Wolverine #1 (1982) with a Stan Lee signature and AAA sticker COA. I believe it's authentic. Looks authentic. Still, I would like to get it slabbed and was wondering if CBCS will honor the previous certification and give it a read label?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector BrashSmurf private msg quote post Address this user
if it passes verification then yes

I can make a sticker and CoA at home
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector ninjarobert private msg quote post Address this user
CBCS will not use COA as proof of signature (since anyone can print one up). Your best bet is to submit it for signature verification (red label).
Post 3 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaughtaPoet
I just picked up a Wolverine #1 (1982) with a Stan Lee signature and AAA sticker COA. I believe it's authentic. Looks authentic. Still, I would like to get it slabbed and was wondering if CBCS will honor the previous certification and give it a read label?

The red label is based on CBCS/Beckett's own verification and authentication. It is NOT based on any previous authentication or certification, which includes CoAs and other guarantees of authenticity.

If it passes CBCS' verification then it will get a red label but it will have nothing to do with the existing CoA or sticker
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector etapi65 private msg quote post Address this user
and you're going to have to pay for the VSP.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector Paulbg2000 private msg quote post Address this user
I know this has probably been asked before, but will the sticker take away from the grade?
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector ZosoRocks private msg quote post Address this user
Grading is subjective.
Post 7 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulbg2000
I know this has probably been asked before, but will the sticker take away from the grade?

Yes.
Post 8 IP   flag post
597868 8 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?