Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Questions

Going to Quebec City - Suggestions Anyone?9521

Collector Oteemorse private msg quote post Address this user
Great thanks
Post 26 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Spent yesterday on the Isle d’Orleans. Lots of small vineyards with wine tasting, fresh apples and strawberries, cheeses, and other goodies. Stopped at several antique stores with absolutely no comics. I did stop at a fruit and vegetable stand/small store that had various odds and ends. I saw a small display case that had apple pies/tarts across its top. Inside the case were old dusty hockey magazines and a few Canadian comics from the 1950’s. Unfortunately, the woman did not speak English and the books were all Westerns and in roughly fair to good condition. I was able to figure out they belonged to her late husband and she had no idea what to ask for them. I really didn’t see anything that grabbed my eye, so I thanked her and left them there. They weren’t Canadian Whites, they had color covers and black and white interiors.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector Oteemorse private msg quote post Address this user
Canadien whites ummmmmmmmmm
Post 28 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Walked all over Quebec City today and spent a good amount of time visiting the Citadelle de Quebec. Also returned to the comic book shop I had visited on Sunday.

They actually had a few different French comics, so I picked up these two:

Post 29 IP   flag post
I also looked through their back issues looking for Canadian newsstand editions, and purchased this one:

Heading home tomorrow.
Post 30 IP   flag post

Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
I do not speak Canadian. I do not understand the language in this thread. Cool comics. Foreign comics are cool.
Post 31 IP   flag post
600771 31 6
This topic is archived. Start new topic?