Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Bronze AgeComics Copper AgeComics Golden AgeComics Modern Age

CGC and Ebay Partner up?9509

Collector Squack private msg quote post Address this user
I guess CGC isn't making bank over the $5-$10 charge for grading notes, so I suppose they have to make up that revenue from somewhere.

What a joke of a service! The hubris of them to say "Give me money, and I will tell you what I think from a non-binding, limited opinion."

Next thing you know they will offer a service where you take pics of your long and short boxes and they take your money to tell you how to properly alphabetize them.
Post 51 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCanuck
@MR_SigS

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR_SigS
I don't see anything specifying if it's just raw books, or if they'll do slabs too. If so, will they admit a CGC slab appears over graded?


“The service is available for comics that have not been certified by a third-party grading service.”


Thank you - Not surprised I missed it lol

I'm really curious as to how they'll treat the competition.
:bigpopcorn:
Post 52 IP   flag post
Collector CaptainCanuck private msg quote post Address this user
@MR_SigS

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR_SigS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCanuck
@MR_SigS

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR_SigS
I don't see anything specifying if it's just raw books, or if they'll do slabs too. If so, will they admit a CGC slab appears over graded?


“The service is available for comics that have not been certified by a third-party grading service.”


Thank you - Not surprised I missed it lol

I'm really curious as to how they'll treat the competition.
:bigpopcorn:


No problem. Just to be clear, it states that the service is NOT available for comics certified by a third-party grading service.
Post 53 IP   flag post
Collector dpiercy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulbg2000
Likely 8-10....that's a pretty wide range.


Yah, that spread makes it worthless for a modern book and anyone seeking anything older can do their own analysis.
Post 54 IP   flag post
Collector esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpiercy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulbg2000
Likely 8-10....that's a pretty wide range.


Yah, that spread makes it worthless for a modern book and anyone seeking anything older can do their own analysis.


Totally useless. Let's say a seller has a raw ASM #301 that they say is a 9.8 and they are asking $500. Graded 9.8's are around $1,300 and graded 9.6's are around $150. This service will tell you it's in the 8.0 to 10 ballpark??? Gee thanks, for nothing!
Post 55 IP   flag post


Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCanuck
@MR_SigS

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR_SigS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCanuck
@MR_SigS

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR_SigS
I don't see anything specifying if it's just raw books, or if they'll do slabs too. If so, will they admit a CGC slab appears over graded?


“The service is available for comics that have not been certified by a third-party grading service.”


Thank you - Not surprised I missed it lol

I'm really curious as to how they'll treat the competition.
:bigpopcorn:


No problem. Just to be clear, it states that the service is NOT available for comics certified by a third-party grading service.


Wow, I'm batting a thousand. At this rate I'll arrive in Cleveland instead of San Diego.
Post 56 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Just saw this. Figured I'd just leave it here .....


Post 57 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Here is the auction. And here are the pics:





Post 58 IP   flag post
Collector OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
What a joke! I didn't see CGC's "grade guess" on the eBay site. Did I miss it?
Post 59 IP   flag post
Collector DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
Just saw this. Figured I'd just leave it here .....



I could do that.
Post 60 IP   flag post
Collector Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
Just saw this. Figured I'd just leave it here .....



I could do that.


Me to!

This would be a nifty work from home side job for some extra cash.
Post 61 IP   flag post
Collector DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
Can anyone say "side hustle?" 😆
Post 62 IP   flag post
Collector Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
The next time someone on the these boards looks for a grade opinion I will ask to Paypal me $10 for my opinion

LOLOL
Post 63 IP   flag post
Collector JustThatGuy private msg quote post Address this user
Likely CGC is on crack
Likely between 4.0-6.0 quality grade.
Post 64 IP   flag post
Collector CaptainCanuck private msg quote post Address this user
@OGJackster

Quote:
Originally Posted by OGJackster
What a joke! I didn't see CGC's "grade guess" on the eBay site. Did I miss it?


Are you saying that you don’t see the option to purchase the “grade guess”?

If you’re looking for the results, you won’t see the “grade guess” results on the eBay listing. It’s part of the money grab.

Similar to CGC’s grader’s notes, the result of the “grade guess” won’t be made publicly available. Anyone who wants to know the “grade guess” will have to pay for it.
Post 65 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
@OGJackster If you are looking for the "CGC Expert Review", there's supposed to be a link on the listings by the price. I don't see it on any listing either, even the sample that was given above. I'm wondering if it is a feature only on eBay mobile.
Post 66 IP   flag post
Collector xkonk private msg quote post Address this user
I saw it on a comic I looked at today. It was near the shipping info.
Post 67 IP   flag post
Collector xkonk private msg quote post Address this user
I guess it's closer to the payment options... look to the bottom right.


Post 68 IP   flag post
Collector DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
This will all hit the fan when one of the "Likely Universal (BLUE)" opinions turns into a Certified Purple Label of Death (RESTORED).
Post 69 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
@xkonk Thanks for that!!! It appears that the service is not available on all platforms, or maybe for all areas, yet. Here is a screenshot I just did of that listing. I'm not concerned because I'd never use the service, but I find it curious that it isn't universally available.


Post 70 IP   flag post
Collector xkonk private msg quote post Address this user
@Jesse_O Weird. I'm not interested either, but I'm curious how/what decides if it appears.
Post 71 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
I must be the target of a CGC/eBay conspiracy!!! They must know of my daily social connections with CBCS and have decided to blackball me!!! Yeah, that's the only thing that makes sense!!! Now, if you will excuse me, I'm designing an improved tin foil hat that will look natural under a top hat. I hate standing out in a crowd!!
Post 72 IP   flag post
Collector Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
This will all hit the fan when one of the "Likely Universal (BLUE)" opinions turns into a Certified Purple Label of Death (RESTORED).


Yep!

But still the CGC has their ass covered.
Post 73 IP   flag post
Collector VaComicsGuy private msg quote post Address this user
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Batman-300-CBCS-9-0-HIGH-GRADE-DC-Detective-Comic-Anniversary-Issue-Simonson/202728951732?hash=item2f33964fb4:g:QXUAAOSw5eFdI6RT

Authenticity verified

CBCS book.

Ad has the CGC authenticity link
Post 74 IP   flag post
247940 74 24
Log in or sign up to compose a reply.
destitute