Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

ERGGGGG I HATE Ebay sellers sometimes9486

Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
@Tedsaid yeah. That's great news then. Like you suggested, a heavy book (add workout weights on top) might be enough to remove it.
Post 51 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Here is a new one for me.
I do a best offer on a book. The guy accepts it and then immediately cancels it. His reasoning is so that he can contact me via email.

Apparently I live in a state that charges state sales tax and to avoid it, he wants to bill me directly. He is from Canada.

I told him I'd pass.

What I dont get is, I offer 600$ for a book. He wants 620$. Couldnt he have just said no. I want 620 on counter offer?
Also dont you have access to my contact info the minute I make an offer?
Post 52 IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
@Bronte yeah. That sounds fishy.
Post 53 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
I do a best offer on a book. The guy accepts it and then immediately cancels it. His reasoning is so that he can contact me via email.

Apparently I live in a state that charges state sales tax and to avoid it, he wants to bill me directly. He is from Canada.

I told him I'd pass.

What I dont get is, I offer 600$ for a book. He wants 620$. Couldnt he have just said no. I want 620 on counter offer?

Sounds like he was also looking to avoid e-bay fees.
Post 54 IP   flag post
Collector obrie2tm private msg quote post Address this user
Super sketchy. I don't think ebay would take kindly to what appears to be moving a sale off their platform. Wonder if he is trying to avoid fees on the sale.
Post 55 IP   flag post

Collector obrie2tm private msg quote post Address this user
@00slim agreed
Post 56 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte

I told him I'd pass.

Must be a seller who does lots of business??? I didn't pay too much attention when the rules changed and every state has different rules but basically don't you have to hit either a total $$ value of sales or a total # of sales to then have to pay tax. If you fall under that and ebay forces you to collect just do the paperwork at the end of the year and get your money back yes??? like input tax credits.

If sales tax makes your business unprofitable then close shop or move to a different sales platform, no reason on-line should get a bonus over brick and mortar.
Post 57 IP   flag post
601461 57 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?