Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Graded

CBCS Turnaround 8/8/16946

CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector John1122 private msg quote post Address this user
I'm honestly thinking Halloween on my subs from Robcon July 31st.
Post 2 IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
Yea one of mine is 6/21. Whoop whoop. 30 Gold Key #1 file copies. I'll post when I get them back.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Gd4901 private msg quote post Address this user
5/24- and still waiting..... Hope it's sent today.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector bennyb86 private msg quote post Address this user
we are getting close to mine woot
Post 5 IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
I got another two orders that arrived on 6/22 & 6/25 as well. Fingers crossed they will hey into grading this week as well.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector RHall1101 private msg quote post Address this user
Received word that the books that I submitted at Planet Comicon, MO (May 21st); have shipped out today. Disappointed with one of the grades, but definitely like how I can access grader notes for free and see why it graded the way it did. This was the first time I've used CBCS and I am definitely impressed with them.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector Resurrection private msg quote post Address this user
@RHall1101 care to share?
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector RHall1101 private msg quote post Address this user
Had a Justice League of America #7.2 (Killer Frost cover) that I had signed by Danielle Panabaker that graded out as a 8.5; I was thinking when I submitted it that it would be about a 9.2. However, as it was sort of a last minute find I couldn't be picky when I bought it. I should have chosen the 3D cover, thicker card stock, but they are hard to write on. It had some spine stresses that broke cover and one of the corners has a bend that I didn't notice when I bought it. With CGC, one has to pay for grader notes; however it's all right there with CBCS when I click on the link.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector scbeachbum private msg quote post Address this user
Mine still says received. My question is, I submitted mine June 17th at Heroescon. Which in a previous statement was that all show submissions will be checked in the Tuesday after the show; which would have made my received date be June 21st. So here's my issue, the received date is July 6th I think? So, mine wasn't "checked in" for 3 weeks. So with you doing books from June 14th leaves me 4 weeks behind. Is it because there isn't enough help? Maybe too many employees at shows. Oh, and mine is a normal modern book. This is my first submission but it is very confussion how you guys are doing the work and when. A heads up would have been appreciated.
Post 10 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
@scbeachbum CBCS has said books from cons will enter the grading cue the Tuesday after and that is the date that will dictate their processing. But actually entering the received data from cons takes extra time and the date the data entered can't currently be backdated to that Tuesday, but that date the data is entered will not delay the order because it's being processed internal by that Tuesday date.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector Mathyus_42 private msg quote post Address this user
Looks like my first week of July books will hit grading soon.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector leesoul21 private msg quote post Address this user

Try as I might I always end up at a point where I'm like "patience is a virtue...patience is a virtue...patience *OH NEW RICKETTS TAT POST!!!*"... when I KNEW my books were still a couple of weeks away from grading 😂
Post 13 IP   flag post
Ugh my books were "received" June 21st. Sooo close
Post 14 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JWKyle private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Resurrection
Ugh my books were "received" June 21st. Sooo close
Mine also probably next week or so. 10 book expanded couple of marvel a EC and some pre-code atlas
Post 15 IP   flag post
Collector Chaddyboxer private msg quote post Address this user
I am really hoping my grades post sometime today or tomorrow...been over a week in "shipping" status. The invoice is dated May 23rd and CBCS had to receive them that week. All moderns. C'mon!!! I'm being impatient ha.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Collector Gd4901 private msg quote post Address this user
Just called and my books from 5/24 are shipping today but won't post until tomorrow morning.
Post 17 IP   flag post
My books are ready...no no just a dream, darn!
Post 18 IP   flag post
Collector pjray55 private msg quote post Address this user
Sitting at 24 business days for a service level with fast pass that was posted as being "on-time" each week right up until my books were due.

It's not so much the waiting now but rather that I can't help but feel deceived by these weekly posts that advertise something that's not really true.
Post 19 IP   flag post
A watched pot...
Post 20 IP   flag post
Collector CGPoirier private msg quote post Address this user
Just changed to "shipping" sounds like I have another week. I just want the grades to post! lol.. #thestruggleisreal
Post 21 IP   flag post
Collector bennyb86 private msg quote post Address this user
lol mine just went to shipping too!! I ordered images of my comics. When will those shop up? I am anxious to see the grades too to see if my purely amateur guess were way off or somewhat close.
Post 22 IP   flag post
Collector CGPoirier private msg quote post Address this user
Totally in the same boat, just want to see how close I was..so I know on future submissions...lol
Post 23 IP   flag post
Collector CCD private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by RHall1101
With CGC, one has to pay for grader notes; however it's all right there with CBCS when I click on the link.

This is not completely true. If you submit a book to CGC the grading notes are free for the submitter.
Post 24 IP   flag post
Collector Frostycoldice private msg quote post Address this user
I am in the same boat submitted my comics at Planet Comiccon May 21st and they have not shipped yet. All signature comics,

Iran Man 1 signed by Stan Lee
Silver Surfer 1 signed by Stan Lee
Captain America 109 Signed by Stan Lee
Star Wars 1 Signed by Peter Mayhew.

I'm interested to see the grades on these. Heres my guess on the grades Iron man will grade 6.0 to 6.5. Silver Surfer was a 5.5 CGC book before the con so we will see what they come back with. Captain America 109 will grade 8.5 or even 9.0. Starwars 1 should grade 7.0. I'm no pro but I'm think I'm pretty close. The hard part is waiting.
Post 25 IP   flag post
Collector Oxbladder private msg quote post Address this user
@pjray55 you are paying for them to be graded faster than the regular service not for them to be done in an exact number of days. As well, they were likely falling behind the week before they were due. My fast pass order took 29 days total.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector Evangelon private msg quote post Address this user
They got no problems grading on the spot in a timely manner at conventions before catching up on current orders though.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector pjray55 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxbladder
@pjray55 you are paying for them to be graded faster than the regular service not for them to be done in an exact number of days. As well, they were likely falling behind the week before they were due. My fast pass order took 29 days total.

@oxbladder, yes of course I am paying for them to be graded faster. I am not simply sending them an extra $x per book because I have money to burn.

Again where I have the problem is that Steve comes on and updates the TAT's weekly and those posts are not indicative of the true TAT's.

I paid extra for a service because I needed those books in that timeframe and based on posts throughout the process I was mislead to believe that timeframe would in fact be met when in reality it took nearly twice as long.

@oxbladder I would love to hear how you would react if you had paid for overnight delivery of a FedEx package and when it didn't show up for a week you were told by FedEx customer service that you didn't pay for overnight you just paid for it to get there faster.

For those that say big deal you had to wait a few extra weeks to see your grades or get your books those two weeks for a seller could mean a very big delta in prices realized in this crazy market.
Post 28 IP   flag post
@pjray55 Pulled from CBCS page. I really don't know if you are that new to grading, but every company goes through the same thing during the convention season. IF your books are THAT time sensitive. THIS is a NO Brainer. If I am worried that much about getting my books back as fast as possible, I am choosing this option.

2-Day Modern
1975 to present

members:$36/book

non-members:$40/book

2 business days

Valued up to $2000
Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector Mathyus_42 private msg quote post Address this user
I could be wrong, but I do not think that the on site grading had any slow down to the grading done at the shop. They were going to be at the convention anyway. They just added a different feature to their booth.
Post 30 IP   flag post
600762 66 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?