Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern Age

TMNT #95 on fire!!9449

CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
I have the cnp second print but not that one. I’m also awaiting my Eastman and waltz signed cnp first print from cbcs
Post 201 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
Makes a big difference in price if witnessed or sold raw signed I think

Yellow label
Post 202 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Unfortunately I’ll be getting red
Post 203 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
So, I've been thinking about Jennika and whether or not she has staying power. It's is HUGE, IMO, that she is the first new turtle in the comics. But the long-term value of TMNT #95 depends on if she becomes / stays a permanent member of the team. (Or if she even stays a turtle. It could wear off.)

I think some of the price drop recently is due to the standard "after the bubble" effect, but that part might be due to uncertainty about her character. I've been meaning to read City at War, but haven't yet. What do you guys think? Is Jennika a permanent TMNT, even though her name isn't a renaissance artist? Do you think she will stay a turtle? Or will she fade away in the coming months? Just a flash in the pan for one storyline, and then largely forgotten?

I've noticed that all of the official covers for the big #100 issue do NOT have Jennika on the cover, which is what first got me wondering. (Many of the store variants DO have Jennika, but they don't really have any more information than we do about this new character.)

So, what do you guys think? Will she stay or will she go? Will #95 climb again in price, or shrink to new lows?

Post 204 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
I've been doing some digging on this. It appears that IDW is keeping pretty quiet on what is going on. But from what I gather, things may be changing. Apparently Sophie Campbell and Tim Waltz are writing issue #101 together. IDW is hyping that Eastman and Waltz will "back with even more TMNT in 2020".

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmnt-ninjaturtles.com
Bullet points:
• An exciting new era for the TMNT, and the perfect jumping on point!
• A Turtle story unlike any you’ve seen, written and drawn by TMNT superstar Sophie Campbell!
• Kevin Eastman and Tom Waltz will be back with even more TMNT in 2020!

Also, here is the cover art for the main cover for issue #101.

Post 205 IP   flag post

Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
Also, here is the cover art for the main cover for issue #101.

Hey, that's very promising! Thanks for the info!
Post 206 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Jennika is here to stay. Nothing to worry about here.
Post 207 IP   flag post
Collector etapi65 private msg quote post Address this user
It looks like Jennika will be around. I like the Gay/Clark cover.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10216541553945300&set=a.1366296071410&type=3&theater
Post 208 IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
@etapi65 why bring up the guy's sexual preference? (Haha I'm kidding of course.)
Post 209 IP   flag post
Collector comicsforme private msg quote post Address this user
Nice cover
Post 210 IP   flag post
598060 210 10
This topic is archived. Start new topic?