Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern Age

TMNT #95 on fire!!9449

Collector comicsforme private msg quote post Address this user
I say $750
Post 176 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Well, just an hour left!
Post 177 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Also, check this out ... there is another auction for the original cover art for TMNT #95, cover B! How cool is that?

Post 178 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
@Tedsaid Was it $5k Cover A went for?
Post 179 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
I just bid on it, my max bid is well below the 5.5k reserve I'm expecting.
Post 180 IP   flag post

so ended with $599
Post 181 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by poka
@Tedsaid Was it $5k Cover A went for?

I didn't check! This one came from Eastman Studios, so I guess the other was the cover A artist. But now I'm curious, so I'll check. But first...
Post 182 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
It looks like this seller bought it in July and is reselling.

Post 183 IP   flag post
Yay! $599.00 was the final bid. And it looks like by someone whose first bid was his last. True snipping. (I always bid at least once, so that I'm in the mix, get the notifications, etc.)

Whelp ... it's not my comic anymore. Time to pack it up and send it out!

And! The contest!

Let's see .... surprisingly, the first person (on a different website) that advised putting it on eBay, like, a month ago, just to see if there is any interest, said, "Put it up for $1000 and take any offer over $600." So that was amazingly close.

But not an official guess! Of the official guesses we had here, the winner is ... @kaptainmyke! Congrats, Mike! I guess that makes up for your first guess being way to low. This one was just off by $49. The next closest was @HeinzDad, off by only $96.

But, you said you already have this issue, both variants. Hmmm. I know you love turtles. What else do you collect?
Post 184 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedsaid
Hmmm. I know you love turtles. What else do you collect?

Do you prefer great art or great story? Something modern, or something classic? Something to read and enjoy, or collect and enjoy? Mainstream, or off the beaten path?
Post 185 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Sooooo close......
Post 186 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
All in good fun, I am not expecting a prize, @Tedsaid. Congrats on your sale
Post 187 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
@Tedsaid

Looks like your sale made the “paper.”
Post 188 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio
@Tedsaid

Looks like your sale made the “paper.”

Hey, that's pretty cool!

I'm glad whomever took a chance and bought it gets a little more heat on their purchase. Especially the part about "she is here for the long haul." As I told a friend, I was hoping it would go for more, and worried it would go for less. So $600 was pretty much my expectation.

If she is here for the long haul, though, and no more 9.9's pop up, that should be a very good price for both of us. They just don't add mutant turtles to the team very often.

Now, let's see if the value of the SDCC variants go up, too! (Not the good one, unfortunately, but the dog and ponies - or whatever it's called - version.) I've got one of those coming soon, signed and remarked by Eastman. (Which I bought before anyone knew about Jennika!)
Post 189 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
cool.
Post 190 IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
Just arrived today. Comics & Ponies Exclusive issue #97

Post 191 IP   flag post
Mine did ass well!!!!
Post 192 IP   flag post
@Tedsaid got a few coming myself

Post 193 IP   flag post
Nice! That should help pay the rent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by poka
@Tedsaid got a few coming myself

Post 194 IP   flag post
Makes a big difference in price if witnessed or sold raw signed I think
Post 195 IP   flag post
You know it’s human nature to want to try to buy something off you guys when you post picks of 5 and 10 copies of books. Y’all playin with my emotions.
Post 196 IP   flag post
don't check the "new to your collection #6 thread" i just posted in then lol
Post 197 IP   flag post
Yeah no shit, I don’t have that particular cover of 95 2nd print, and the centerfold of my asm 798 fell out when I read it.
Post 198 IP   flag post
FYI, I've got two copies of TMNT #95 - one of each cover - in this week's MCS auction. They are currently less than I thought they'd be. Might be a good deal for someone.

TMNT #95 Cover A 9.8
- current bid is $42.00
TMNT #95 Cover B 9.6 - current bid is $41.00

Also, this fantastic Clayton Crain cover (9.8) is only $29.00 right now. The Alexander Lozano variant is only $32.00 for a 9.8.

And! This great Alex Ross Captain America #2 cover (9.8) is just $37.00 right now. I sold two in May, for $60 and $80, and another one in July for $80. So I thought this might go for more, but looks like it will be a steal for someone.
Post 199 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad
Yeah no shit, I don’t have that particular cover of 95 2nd print, and the centerfold of my asm 798 fell out when I read it.

Even though it is a 2nd print, I think that is my favorite cover. That, and the super-hard-to-get SDCC variant.
Post 200 IP   flag post
I have the cnp second print but not that one. I’m also awaiting my Eastman and waltz signed cnp first print from cbcs
Post 201 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
Makes a big difference in price if witnessed or sold raw signed I think

Yellow label
Post 202 IP   flag post
Unfortunately I’ll be getting red
Post 203 IP   flag post
So, I've been thinking about Jennika and whether or not she has staying power. It's is HUGE, IMO, that she is the first new turtle in the comics. But the long-term value of TMNT #95 depends on if she becomes / stays a permanent member of the team. (Or if she even stays a turtle. It could wear off.)

I think some of the price drop recently is due to the standard "after the bubble" effect, but that part might be due to uncertainty about her character. I've been meaning to read City at War, but haven't yet. What do you guys think? Is Jennika a permanent TMNT, even though her name isn't a renaissance artist? Do you think she will stay a turtle? Or will she fade away in the coming months? Just a flash in the pan for one storyline, and then largely forgotten?

I've noticed that all of the official covers for the big #100 issue do NOT have Jennika on the cover, which is what first got me wondering. (Many of the store variants DO have Jennika, but they don't really have any more information than we do about this new character.)

So, what do you guys think? Will she stay or will she go? Will #95 climb again in price, or shrink to new lows?

Post 204 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
I've been doing some digging on this. It appears that IDW is keeping pretty quiet on what is going on. But from what I gather, things may be changing. Apparently Sophie Campbell and Tim Waltz are writing issue #101 together. IDW is hyping that Eastman and Waltz will "back with even more TMNT in 2020".

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmnt-ninjaturtles.com
Bullet points:
• An exciting new era for the TMNT, and the perfect jumping on point!
• A Turtle story unlike any you’ve seen, written and drawn by TMNT superstar Sophie Campbell!
• Kevin Eastman and Tom Waltz will be back with even more TMNT in 2020!

Also, here is the cover art for the main cover for issue #101.

Post 205 IP   flag post
601456 210 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?