Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern Age

TMNT #95 on fire!!9449

The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedsaid
Oh! Should we do a silent bet? I mean, people can p.m. your guess? So that other people can't .... no, no. That's probably not needed. Not since you can change your guess anytime, right?

Anyway, if you want to p.m. your guess, because you are so amazingly good at predicting eBay sales you don't want anyone else to know, that is fine. But I reckon we can just do it publicly, too.

When a person posts, it sends a copy of their post to all people subscribed to thread. If a person was unscrupulous, they would be caught in a matter of seconds.....
Post 151 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
Quote:
Oh! Should we do a silent bet? I mean, people can p.m. your guess? So that other people can't .... no, no. That's probably not needed. Not since you can change your guess anytime, right?

Anyway, if you want to p.m. your guess, because you are so amazingly good at predicting eBay sales you don't want anyone else to know, that is fine. But I reckon we can just do it publicly, too.

When a person posts, it sends a copy of their post to all people subscribed to thread. If a person was unscrupulous, they would be caught in a matter of seconds.....

Oh, that's true, definitely. I guess I was thinking more along the lines of: Bob guessed $800, and then Jill guessed $801... That happens a lot on Price is Right, as I recall.
Post 152 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
When Polka does his sales, he does some sort of giveaway with guessing numbers as well. Although I have never participated, my observations are that most folks are pretty civil. I never saw anybody do someone that dirty. My guess is that the folks on this board are more than enlightened than the average bear....

Or risk being ostracized.....
Post 153 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
$1025, I hope I'm within a few hundred.
Post 154 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Alls I know is if my 95 comics n ponies getting verifies sigs comes back a 9.9 it’s going straight to flea bay. I’m going to stand tall on my guess of 695.00 for my guess, I won’t even change as time approaches.
Post 155 IP   flag post

I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
$550 but I already have 10 copies of each #96 so I am good
Post 156 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
$1025, I hope I'm within a few hundred.

Me, too!
Post 157 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad
Alls I know is if my 95 comics n ponies getting verifies sigs comes back a 9.9 it’s going straight to flea bay. I’m going to stand tall on my guess of 695.00 for my guess, I won’t even change as time approaches.

I've got one of those coming, too. I think with a remark? But it hasn't arrived yet. I also ordered a sketch some months ago that hasn't come in. I like the remark, but the sketch might be enough for the ol' p.c. that I also put my comics and ponies edition on feeBay. We'll see. I still kind of wish I saved the 9.9, because I surely will never be able to afford to buy one. (In terms of justifying the cost at least.)
Post 158 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
$550 but I already have 10 copies of each #96 so I am good

Cool. Well, if you win, I'll see if I can come up with something else suitable. I have a lot of comics.
Post 159 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
I think someone with deeper pockets than me will eventually buy your prize 9.9 for the bargain price of $710.
Good luck!
Post 160 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
I think someone with deeper pockets than me will eventually buy your prize 9.9 for the bargain price of $710.
Good luck!
blocking me in to 15 bucks already @esaravo? boooooooo this man!!!! Drew Carey is pissed.....
Post 161 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
Good luck!
blocking me in to 15 bucks already @esaravo? boooooooo this man!!!! Drew Carey is pissed.....

hahaha ... yes, but you still have $145 in the other direction.
Post 162 IP   flag post
Well, I probably screwed up. It's usually best to end auctions on Sunday night, so I did that. But I forgot that this Sunday is really a Saturday for most people, since Monday is a holiday.

Oh, well. Maybe it won't hurt things too much. All I need are two VERY dedicated bidders, right?

At least the MCS auction will end on a good night. Maybe that will help? BTW, a couple of those are still in the twenties if anyone is interested.
Post 163 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
I would think a sunday on a three day weekend is great actually
Post 164 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
This is what I have left

Post 165 IP   flag post
I’m sorry if I’m outta line by asking this but you guys that get ten or so of books, are you diamond customers??? No need to answer but at this point I gotta ask.
Post 166 IP   flag post
Quote:
I’m sorry if I’m outta line by asking this but you guys that get ten or so of books, are you diamond customers??? No need to answer but at this point I gotta ask.

No - considered it at a time - but i don’t have the time for it so i just order early or take up good offers from resellers i have come to know well
Post 167 IP   flag post
Right on, I think I’m slick if I get 2 or 3 copies! I had 2 of that cover but I gave one to a friend that gave me a venom#3 third print.
Post 168 IP   flag post
Quote:
Right on, I think I’m slick if I get 2 or 3 copies! I had 2 of that cover but I gave one to a friend that gave me a venom#3 third print.

There are quite a few places where one can order for ~35% off, especially if you get your orders in early. I don't stock up as much as poka, but I did manage to get three copies each of cover A and cover B (at cover price) when I heard about the buzz. (Plus the one of the 1:10 variant, of course.) A day later I bought two more A cover, for $12 each, from the same source.
Post 169 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
6 hours to go. I've got a good feeling the price will increase to $1025 in the last seconds:

Post 170 IP   flag post
@flanders I love your feelings!

Okay, well, there are four guesses in here. They are:
@flanders at $1025
@HeinzDad at $695
@kaptainmyke at $550 (and here's hoping you are right about the Sunday in a 3-day weekend!)
@esaravo at $710

I don't know if any of ya'll are bidding, but if so, I can recommend Myibidder for sniping software. It has always worked for me and it's free. You really have to imagine well the outcome, and how any scenario would make you feel. I've gotten better at that, so that - whether I win or lose - I'm not annoyed for bidding too much, or disappointed for not bidding enough.

What do you guys use for eBay auctions? Any strategies that work for you all?
Post 171 IP   flag post
Quote:
@flanders I love your feelings!

Okay, well, there are four guesses in here. They are:
@flanders at $1025
@HeinzDad at $695
@kaptainmyke at $550 (and here's hoping you are right about the Sunday in a 3-day weekend!)
@esaravo at $710

I don't know if any of ya'll are bidding, but if so, I can recommend Myibidder for sniping software. It has always worked for me and it's free. You really have to imagine well the outcome, and how any scenario would make you feel. I've gotten better at that, so that - whether I win or lose - I'm not annoyed for bidding too much, or disappointed for not bidding enough.

I should also report, there are currently 50 (!) people "watching" this auction. That's about five times higher than the number of watchers when the book was up for a couple weeks as just a BIN price. I guess a LOT of people are interested in what will happen.
Post 172 IP   flag post
Since I lowball everything, my only winning strategy is to search for CBCS graded comic auctions. I've never tried sniping I just put a max bid in. There's definitely been more times when I've been happy for not winning something than for winning it. I tend to get a bit crazy and try to buy things with money I don't have.
Post 173 IP   flag post
Quote:

Sniping tools are for amateurs! 😆
Post 174 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by poka
Quote:

Sniping tools are for amateurs! 😆

Hahaha!
Post 175 IP   flag post
Collector comicsforme private msg quote post Address this user
I say $750
Post 176 IP   flag post
Well, just an hour left!
Post 177 IP   flag post
Also, check this out ... there is another auction for the original cover art for TMNT #95, cover B! How cool is that?

Post 178 IP   flag post
@Tedsaid Was it $5k Cover A went for?
Post 179 IP   flag post
I just bid on it, my max bid is well below the 5.5k reserve I'm expecting.
Post 180 IP   flag post
598018 210 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?