Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern Age

TMNT #95 on fire!!9449

Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by comicsforme
Did ya here about the new TMNT #95 Toy Jennifer coming out.Mutant Beaver Comics has one coming out.Do ya know of any other stores or dealer's that have one for sell in USA?

Quote:
Sorry TMNT#98 toy

Yep! The Comic Mint will have them, tomorrow at 4:00 pm. Only 800 across all partner sites. (Mutant Beaver, maybe Sad Lemon, I think 7ate9 comics, and Amorphous Ink.)

FYI, it's "Jennika," not "Jennifer."

It's pretty well done, but I think I prefer the Dell'Otto cover. Although his doesn't even have Jennika on it! But this one looks cool, too:

Post 126 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
By the way, I'm going to auction off my TMNT 95 RI 1:10 Mint condition. So far it is the only #95, across all variants, that is a 9.9 grade.

Auction starts Sunday, goes for a week. Should be fun to watch at least.

Post 127 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
You'll be the first graded copy and first 9.9 for sale to market...risky move, but as always - Good luck!

I predict it will sell at auction for $150-$200 range
Post 128 IP   flag post
Collector whowill private msg quote post Address this user
$500-$700 range.. its a 9.9 even if there is 10 out of 200 sub... still that is low at that grade. Best on the sale. Your going to find lots of low offers. people love to be cheap...
Post 129 IP   flag post
Collector comicsforme private msg quote post Address this user
Someone has one at 9.9 on ebay starting at $999.
Post 130 IP   flag post

I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
That's his listing
Post 131 IP   flag post
Collector comicsforme private msg quote post Address this user
Wow.
Post 132 IP   flag post
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedsaid
Quote:
Did ya here about the new TMNT #95 Toy Jennifer coming out.Mutant Beaver Comics has one coming out.Do ya know of any other stores or dealer's that have one for sell in USA?

Quote:
Sorry TMNT#98 toy

Yep! The Comic Mint will have them, tomorrow at 4:00 pm. Only 800 across all partner sites. (Mutant Beaver, maybe Sad Lemon, I think 7ate9 comics, and Amorphous Ink.)

FYI, it's "Jennika," not "Jennifer."

It's pretty well done, but I think I prefer the Dell'Otto cover. Although his doesn't even have Jennika on it! But this one looks cool, too:

I thought it was for a real toy instead of a variant comic. I was bummed out it wasn't for a toy.
Post 133 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
@Towmater I also did a double take.

Jennika doesn’t have a shell, right?
Post 134 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
You'll be the first graded copy and first 9.9 for sale to market...risky move, but as always - Good luck!

I predict it will sell at auction for $150-$200 range

What?? Ack!! Don't say that! Now I feel like I should cancel it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by whowill
$500-$700 range.. its a 9.9 even if there is 10 out of 200 sub... still that is low at that grade. Best on the sale. Your going to find lots of low offers. people love to be cheap...

Okay, that's more like it. Man, this is nerve wracking. And it hasn't even started yet! I just have to remind myself: It only cost $25, it only cost $25. Every else is profit.

Quote:
Someone has one at 9.9 on ebay starting at $999.

Yep, that's mine. I put it up for a BIN, just to see what sort of attention it would get. Altered the listing a day or two ago to "advertise" the auction coming up. Not sure if that is a wise strategy or not, but I plan to make an offer to all watchers for $800, a day before the auction starts, let them know that it's coming.
Post 135 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio
@Towmater I also did a double take.

Jennika doesn’t have a shell, right?

On page 11 of Issue 96, the artist shows a peak of a shell under the blanket she has on. All the drawings of her in the issue are done with a general shape of her having a shell too.

Post 136 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
I’m going to have to flip through 95 again...I thought it wasn’t there when she transformed...so presto, it’s there now?

Bah...it’s comics... doesn’t have to make sense or be explained, right?
Post 137 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio
I’m going to have to flip through 95 again...I thought it wasn’t there when she transformed...so presto, it’s there now?

Bah...it’s comics... doesn’t have to make sense or be explained, right?

I just looked again, at the #95 second printing cover. She's got a shell - you can barely see it - as she is sitting in the back of the van.
Post 138 IP   flag post
they had to use leo's blood and mutagen to save her life, it was a last second final effort to save her and it worked...sort of.
Post 139 IP   flag post
Okay! For better or for worse, the bidding has started.

I couldn't actually do that plan of making an offer to the watchers, though. It turns out, you have to do that for 48 hours exactly - you don't get to pick the duration. So, Saturday it was too late, if I wanted the auction to end on Sunday.

But the good news is, bidding is already up to $3.25!
Post 140 IP   flag post
Up to $8.00.
Post 141 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towmater
Up to $8.00.

And now $76.00! Just in the last five minutes! I hope it doesn't get stuck there.
Post 142 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
watching
Post 143 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Up to $8.00.

And now $76.00! Just in the last five minutes! I hope it doesn't get stuck there.
Holy $#*€, over 300 with roughly 5 1/2 days still!!!
Post 144 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad
Quote:
Quote:
Up to $8.00.
Wow! That's such a relief. I was so afraid it was going to be a dud auction. But (at least so far) it's been amazing. I think I'll put a couple copies of TMNT #96 in there, as a bonus, since it's doing so well.
Post 145 IP   flag post
Yeah, I’d say everything else from here on out is just bonus awesomeness
Post 146 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad

Wow! That's such a relief. I was so afraid it was going to be a dud auction. But (at least so far) it's been amazing. I think I'll put a couple copies of TMNT #96 in there, as a bonus, since it's doing so well.

Well, I did misstate the cost before. I looked at my records and it turns out this one was $45 new, not cover price. So something like $70, with grading and shipping figured in.

Still awesome, but not quite AS awesome. No wonder I only bought one. (Unless, it could have been limited to just one per person. Who knows WHAT I was thinking. But it worked out.)
Post 147 IP   flag post
$360 currently. That's great news, Ted! Congrats
Post 148 IP   flag post
Hey, let's have some fun with it, okay? Since it's doing so well, so quickly...

Anyone who wants to can vote - pick what you think the the final bid price will be. Votes have to be in by, say, noon on Sunday. And you can change any vote, or (if editing is no longer allowed) you can vote again, and your second vote counts, okay? But all votes still have to be in by noon EST (New York, NY, time) on Sunday. (The auction ends Sunday night around 10:40, btw.)

And the winner gets a free copy of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #96! Either cover! I'll mail it for free to anywhere in the US, and for cheap anywhere else. (I'm not sure how international shipping works, but we'll work it out.)

How does that sound?

A tie (one over and one under) is so incredibly unlikely that I'll send out both comics, one to each winner. Otherwise, you can't vote for the same amount someone else voted for. And the first one to do the math and realize it's a tie gets to pick.

Here are the two covers. Both are 9.8 candidates:

Post 149 IP   flag post
Oh! Should we do a silent bet? I mean, people can p.m. your guess? So that other people can't .... no, no. That's probably not needed. Not since you can change your guess anytime, right?

Anyway, if you want to p.m. your guess, because you are so amazingly good at predicting eBay sales you don't want anyone else to know, that is fine. But I reckon we can just do it publicly, too.
Post 150 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Oh! Should we do a silent bet? I mean, people can p.m. your guess? So that other people can't .... no, no. That's probably not needed. Not since you can change your guess anytime, right?

Anyway, if you want to p.m. your guess, because you are so amazingly good at predicting eBay sales you don't want anyone else to know, that is fine. But I reckon we can just do it publicly, too.

When a person posts, it sends a copy of their post to all people subscribed to thread. If a person was unscrupulous, they would be caught in a matter of seconds.....
Post 151 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
Quote:

When a person posts, it sends a copy of their post to all people subscribed to thread. If a person was unscrupulous, they would be caught in a matter of seconds.....

Oh, that's true, definitely. I guess I was thinking more along the lines of: Bob guessed $800, and then Jill guessed $801... That happens a lot on Price is Right, as I recall.
Post 152 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
When Polka does his sales, he does some sort of giveaway with guessing numbers as well. Although I have never participated, my observations are that most folks are pretty civil. I never saw anybody do someone that dirty. My guess is that the folks on this board are more than enlightened than the average bear....

Or risk being ostracized.....
Post 153 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
$1025, I hope I'm within a few hundred.
Post 154 IP   flag post
Alls I know is if my 95 comics n ponies getting verifies sigs comes back a 9.9 it’s going straight to flea bay. I’m going to stand tall on my guess of 695.00 for my guess, I won’t even change as time approaches.
Post 155 IP   flag post
601292 210 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?