Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern Age

TMNT #95 on fire!!9449

I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
hmmmmm.... I believe that I stumbled upon an individual that utilizes dealer badges
Post 76 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuffsaid111
hmmmmm.... I believe that I stumbled upon an individual that utilizes dealer badges

The trick is to make friends with your dealer and spend lots of money in their booth.
Post 77 IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
Just got my copy in the mail. Paid $12 for it from "The Comic Mint."

Post 78 IP   flag post
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
OK, there are a bunch of variants for TMNT #95. The Montreal Convention cover has now show-up in back and white on eBay. Some seller in Canada has them. Looks like the seller sold 2 and has another one up for sale. Anyone know if this variant was limited to 250 copies? I am curious if the print run was really 250? Any help would be appreciated.

(I'd post the eBay listing but I don't know what the rules are for doing that. I do NOT have anything to do with the listing on eBay.)
Post 79 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
@Towmater I don't know the print run but I was only there on day two. When I hit the merch booth around 1PM they were sold out.

For what it is worth Kevin Eastman was at the show. He did a Shredder sketch on the back of my Yosagi Yojimbo varusnt.
Post 80 IP   flag post

Some far I have been able to obtain the following:

TMNT 51 first appearance - 1 copy
TMNT 52 Subscription - 2 copies
TMNT 95 first print - 1 copy
TMNT 95 - SDCC PX variant - 3 copies
Post 81 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos
@Towmater I don't know the print run but I was only there on day two. When I hit the merch booth around 1PM they were sold out.

For what it is worth Kevin Eastman was at the show. He did a Shredder sketch on the back of my Yosagi Yojimbo varusnt.

Sold out of the B&W variant, the color variant, or both?

I have the following books:
Fried Pie #51
RI Eastman #51
Montreal Color Variant
TMNT #95 Cover A and cover B
TMNT #95 1:10

I have on order the Eastman RI #95 virgin cover variant. Not sure when that will ship though.
Post 82 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
I can confirm the b+w Montreal variant is limited to 250. I ordered two books from Eastmans fan site last Thursday morning, they were listed at 10:30 am and at 10:30 and 30 seconds they were sold out. All the books sold out but that one was the first.
Post 83 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user

Got mine
Post 84 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
I have:

Cover A
Cover B

Cover A
Cover B
Blindbox Variant Red Bandanna
BlindBox Variant Blue Bandanna
BlindBox Variant April O'Neil

Cover A
Cover B
Comics and Ponies Virgin Cover (x2)
SDCC Exclusive Color Virgin
Montreal Color
Montreal B&W
Second Printing Bishop Cover (x10)
Second Printing Eastman Layout Virgin Cover (x2)
Post 85 IP   flag post
If the Montreal B&W variant only had 250 printed then it is as rare as the SDCC variant. I wonder why it is selling for prices so much lower than the SDCC variant on eBay. Almost as if it is flying under the radar.
Post 86 IP   flag post
BTW, the above post was based upon eBay completed sales. SDCC covers have been over $200.00 and the Montreal B&W book has been selling for less than half of the SDCC cover.

(Again, I don't have any for sale and haven't sold one in the past nor am I connected to anyone who is selling any of them).

I'm just trying to figure out why collectors are interested in it. Anyone have any ideas?? Is it that no body knows about the B&W variant, SDCC just ended so it is on everyone's mind, or some other reason?
Post 87 IP   flag post
When I saw Kevin Eastman in Montreal he told me that he had just been added for NYCC.

It my not be issue # 95 but I am expecting a NYCC Turtles variant to happen.
Post 88 IP   flag post
Collector comicsforme private msg quote post Address this user
I had(past tense)and paid a TMNT #95B cover on ebay and now they sent my money back.Thats why i hate buying on ebay.
Post 89 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towmater
BTW, the above post was based upon eBay completed sales. SDCC covers have been over $200.00 and the Montreal B&W book has been selling for less than half of the SDCC cover.

(Again, I don't have any for sale and haven't sold one in the past nor am I connected to anyone who is selling any of them).

I'm just trying to figure out why collectors are interested in it. Anyone have any ideas?? Is it that no body knows about the B&W variant, SDCC just ended so it is on everyone's mind, or some other reason?
Sdcc cover would be the first cover the female turtle is in(Jennika).
Post 90 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad
Quote:

That's a great point. Hadn't thought of that.
Post 91 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

That's a great point. Hadn't thought of that.

It's my favorite cover, actually. Out of my price range, for a book I haven't collected before. (I have the "City at War" books - part 1 and 2 just arrived in the mail - but I haven't read them yet.) But the cover is great.

I've got one coming with Eastman's signature and remark, but it's a different variant cover, not nearly as nice looking as the SDCC "surprise" cover. I think it's called the (750 edition) Comics and Ponies edition?
Post 92 IP   flag post
I’ve seen it referred to as comics and ponies, Eastmans site refers to it as fan club/sdcc variant. One sold on ebay a day ago signed by Eastman and Waltz (which is what I got from Eastman) for 109.50. They aren’t selling for the 300 people are asking. Also ordering a signed books like that it can only ever get a red label, this is the book I was referring to the red label slabs I plan on getting done in another thread,I pretty much got roasted by my comments in that one though, hahahahahah.
Post 93 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
I’ve seen it referred to as comics and ponies, Eastmans site refers to it as fan club/sdcc variant. One sold on ebay a day ago signed by Eastman and Waltz (which is what I got from Eastman) for 109.50. They aren’t selling for the 300 people are asking. Also ordering a signed books like that it can only ever get a red label, this is the book I was referring to the red label slabs I plan on getting done in another thread,I pretty much got roasted by my comments in that one though, hahahahahah.

Actually, mine will be CGC Signature Series. I ordered it through Trinity Convention Services, so I guess one of their people was an AW at the signing event. It was $110 plus shipping.
Post 94 IP   flag post
Eastman has a guy that works on his crew that is a Cgc witness. He gets a bulk of the first four tmnt books because they are magazine size. Maybe that’s how it was done???? Anyways that awesome, I’m in mine 100 meow and I won’t mind getting it verified.
Post 95 IP   flag post
Checked my email just now and a copy that was 299 has been reduced to 150 on flea bay
Post 96 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
I feel dirty....the store close to my work had cover A and RI for issue 96.
Now I have 95 and 96 A and RI for a title I don't read....time for ebay??
Post 97 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
As expected, the 3 I had ordered got canceled. Figures :/
Post 98 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
why do these orders get cancelled?

is it because it's now valued higher than the paid cover price and they want to sell for more?
Post 99 IP   flag post
That would be my guess. Homie don't ya know me? Also makes me wonder if employees get to grab them.
Post 100 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
That totally sucks! sorry to hear that man!! is this common behaviour for LCS?
Post 101 IP   flag post
I think its the distributor, not the LCS. If the distributor runs out for whatever reason, to bad so sad for the unknown customer. Someone scored them.
Post 102 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
My LCS doesn't order TMNT but the store I got mine from had a few normal copies and 3? RI on the shelf after customer pulls - they are cool in that for the RI covers they don't charge extra and they always have extra for walk ins!!
Post 103 IP   flag post

Post 104 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke

Are those from the fan club order via Eastman's website?
Post 105 IP   flag post
600643 210 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?