Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Signature ASP

My first witnessed sig. No creator name in paperwork9411

Collector Truegritgmd private msg quote post Address this user
So yesterday was my first time using cbcs or any grading/authenticating service at garden state comic fest. I got my marvel comics presents #6 signed by reilly brown and witnessed. Sat down at the cbcs booth and was instructed to "fill out the paperwork until i got stuck" at which point the employee would help me complete the rest. I felt like i had a pleasant first experience and thanked the staff for making it easy. Upon further inspection i noticed last night and could not find reilly brown's name on the paperwork. The employee did fill in the asp box and wrote in that $5 charge. I dont even see the place to put the signing creator's name tbh.since i could not reach cbcs by phone and didnt expect my email to be replied to until monday the earliest I tried sending a message to garden state comic fest's instagram account as it is a small venue i hoped they would pass my info to the cbcs booth. No luck.
So what is going to most likely happen to my submission? Did i waste $48 bucks ? Reilly Brown's signature is pretty straightforward and legible. Since it had been witnessed and accepted as asp will it come back yellow label as it should? I'm sick over this. I was planning on getting the slab opened again at nycc to add more creators to the book with cbcs. I dont know what to do. Would calling tomorrow make any difference? Can the paperwork be ammended before the book gets graded since it is affirmed that a sig was witnessed?
Post 1 IP   flag post
I’m not an ant. I’m a rootin tootin Hornet! Zombie_Head private msg quote post Address this user
I sent an email over a week ago and still no response. Good luck contacting them.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Virgincollector private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truegritgmd
So yesterday was my first time using cbcs or any grading/authenticating service at garden state comic fest. I got my marvel comics presents #6 signed by reilly brown and witnessed. Sat down at the cbcs booth and was instructed to "fill out the paperwork until i got stuck" at which point the employee would help me complete the rest. I felt like i had a pleasant first experience and thanked the staff for making it easy. Upon further inspection i noticed last night and could not find reilly brown's name on the paperwork. The employee did fill in the asp box and wrote in that $5 charge. I dont even see the place to put the signing creator's name tbh.since i could not reach cbcs by phone and didnt expect my email to be replied to until monday the earliest I tried sending a message to garden state comic fest's instagram account as it is a small venue i hoped they would pass my info to the cbcs booth. No luck.
So what is going to most likely happen to my submission? Did i waste $48 bucks ? Reilly Brown's signature is pretty straightforward and legible. Since it had been witnessed and accepted as asp will it come back yellow label as it should? I'm sick over this. I was planning on getting the slab opened again at nycc to add more creators to the book with cbcs. I dont know what to do. Would calling tomorrow make any difference? Can the paperwork be ammended before the book gets graded since it is affirmed that a sig was witnessed?
relax as long as it was marked ASP on your pink slip it will come back yellow 🤗😉
Post 3 IP   flag post
Thanks man. I hope thats the case.
Post 4 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
@Truegritgmd Since it was at a show, it will take a while, maybe a week or two, to be officially received (you should get an email saying so). Unfortunately, they can’t really do anything until then. Ideally, when they’re inputting the invoice they will notice “ASP” without a corresponding signature and reach out, they usually try by phone. If not try calling them during the work week once the book is received, it may take a try or two but you should be able to reach them and explain the issue.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector etapi65 private msg quote post Address this user
So...I think I have a similar issue brewing. I got 5 sketches at Megacon Orlando. Then, I got King and Mann to sign at a special, ticketed event. CBCS brought my 5-sketch book to the event, witnessed the sigs...we finished the paperwork (I thought) and I closed my submission for the con. Weeks later when my submission posted...I saw that comic was listed as only having 5 sigs (associated with the sketches) and not the 7 it should have. So I immediately e-mailed them. I got a response asking me for "more details or the book will be rejected" as apparently they didn't put King and Mann on the sig sheet. Which seems insane to me because as we were filling out the paperwork and I swear the guy was adding the note on the two sigs he said "where are the signatures" and I pointed out where they were on the cover. This is a book I had invested significant money in already between the special ticketed even and 5 original sketches. So I sent an e-mail back sort of laying out the whole process even describing the two CBCS reps that were at the special ticketed event taking submissions. I sent that full description on June 12th...I've heard nothing since and there's no movement on my entire order due to this issue, nor has there been a sig update on the information in my account. So...I called customer support last Thursday as a follow-up to figure out if this comic is just going to be sent back to me or if they need more information of some sort. Nothing there yet either. I think the lesson here is check and double-check they have the signee down. At least on yours there was only 1 signature. If they don't write something down on a multi-sig book stuff can go sideways really quickly.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector Darryl_H private msg quote post Address this user
Since this was at a show you should be ok. We may contact you to verify who signed it since the paperwork is blank, but this would be just to make sure we get it right when in the grading room.

Your email should also be answered shortly and if not let me know and thanks !
Post 7 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl_H
Since this was at a show you should be ok. We may contact you to verify who signed it since the paperwork is blank, but this would be just to make sure we get it right when in the grading room.

Thank you. I feel confident it will work out after hearing from you and other forum members. Its good to know that there is that support here at cbcs. Will be submitting again at terrificon. Thanks again
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector Virgincollector private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl_H

I love how CBCS watches and takes care of there customers on the forum👍. It’s a great tool having the staff involved in these forums as much as they are 🤗
Post 9 IP   flag post
I got an email from cbcs saying they have made a note to correct that once it is in the grading room. Success! Top notch organization.
Post 10 IP   flag post
600826 10 10
This topic is archived. Start new topic?