Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern AgeGrading Help Needed

Help grade ASM 300 Spider-man9409

Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Asking A price and getting it are two different ideas...….look at completed sales on ebay for instance …...
Post 26 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkseid_of_town
Asking A price and getting it are two different ideas...….look at completed sales on ebay for instance …...

couldn't agree more. One can dream can't one?

p.s. you think I'm crazy? someone paid 40 dollars for a "true believers" reprint, what the????
Post 27 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
I don’t have easy access to the back images and these aren’t moderns but here are some CBCS graded books that helped me come to my estimate

Post 28 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
@dielinfinite, I actually tend to agree with your assesment but I am used to Overstreet rules more so than what CGC & CBCS have created since they went rogue with their 10 point system but i digress, this leaves me at a quandry as Overstreet seems more generous with their grading and CGC & i'm guessining CBCS don't explain their grading well at all. but I respect your opinion and even more so by backing it up with rad books like those you've posted.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector etapi65 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportshort
@dielinfinite, I actually tend to agree with your assesment but I am used to Overstreet rules more so than what CGC & CBCS have created since they went rogue with their 10 point system but i digress, this leaves me at a quandry as Overstreet seems more generous with their grading and CGC & i'm guessining CBCS don't explain their grading well at all. but I respect your opinion and even more so by backing it up with rad books like those you've posted.

https://www.cbcscomics.com/grades
Post 30 IP   flag post

I had looked for this a long time ago & couldn't find it, thanks. but i think this actually helps my argument. Anyway let just be friends and call it a day. thank you all for your input, I am very grateful that you all took the time to post your opinions, which i respect, since i am new to selling I need to hear other peoples opinions and how they think so that i can cater my books and prices to a wider audience. I will lower my expectations this book and see where it lands.
Post 31 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Well, I'm sticking to my grade assessment, but I have NO idea how to price this. I see clearly worse copies than yours that sold, in auction, for $130; while others that are better sold for close to the same price. I also see a LOT of auctions ending around 250, and it barely seems connected to the condition of the book. It's almost as if this book has some mystical floor price that it's really hard to go below. Which could be the case I suppose. Though I am befuddled why those buyers would not instead buy a clearly superior book that is graded and encapsulated for about the same price or a little bit more.

Here's a pretty nice raw with a Todd McFarlane signature on the cover that sold for only $100 more than that reader-beater above.

The prices of graded 7.0 copies don't seem related as they should be to the sold raw 3.0's and 4.0's. Anyway, I wouldn't risk an auction, is about my only advice. But who knows! It might be auction-fever is what's driving the weird effects.

As for me, I'm staying the hell away from this comic, as prices don't seem connected to any sort of logic.

Good luck!
Post 32 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedsaid
Well, I'm sticking to my grade assessment, but I have NO idea how to price this. I see clearly worse copies than yours that sold, in auction, for $130; while others that are better sold for close to the same price. I also see a LOT of auctions ending around 250, and it barely seems connected to the condition of the book. It's almost as if this book has some mystical floor price that it's really hard to go below. Which could be the case I suppose. Though I am befuddled why those buyers would not instead buy a clearly superior book that is graded and encapsulated for about the same price or a little bit more.

Here's a pretty nice raw with a Todd McFarlane signature on the cover that sold for only $100 more than that reader-beater above.

The prices of graded 7.0 copies don't seem related as they should be to the sold raw 3.0's and 4.0's. Anyway, I wouldn't risk an auction, is about my only advice. But who knows! It might be auction-fever is what's driving the weird effects.

As for me, I'm staying the hell away from this comic, as prices don't seem connected to any sort of logic.

Good luck!

that's a funny conclusion (and only funny cause it's true), after reading the opinions from you all, i came to the exact same conclusion, that you can't tell what is going through peoples heads. I guess that is why I think I might be able to get more rather than less (I hope). maybe i will get lucky so, i will take your advice and not go acution, cause i've seen good books go for cheap. I am going to try my luck on the Buy It Now since I don't expect to have any hope of making good money posting it here. wish me luck.
Post 33 IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
There is a HUGE!!! difference between a low grade Silver Age book like ASM #50, and a low grade modern book like ASM #300. For $250 I have to believe there are just simply too many much nicer books out there that could be had for that price, than that beat to death copy.

After seeing those close up pics Im not sure the book is even worthy of a 2.0. I guess it can't hurt to do some fishing for a sucker, as there is one born every minute. With a million print run, that beater is fire starter to me.
Post 34 IP   flag post
598062 34 9
This topic is archived. Start new topic?