Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedCertified Comics For SaleComics Copper AgeFor Sale

For Sale: Spider-Man (1990) #1 Silver Cover Blue Lizard Variant9402

Collector BigRonnie private msg quote post Address this user
3 are for sale:

9.2 for $250, 9.6 for $450 & 9.8 for $650.

Todd McFarlane's 1990 Spider-Man #1 release was the biggest in comic book history (Print run of over 2.5 million). Every collector had the Green/Silver/Gold covers in their collection. Of all the original Variants that collectors chased, none was scarcer then the Blue Lizard misprint in the Silver Cover.

During the printing process, the yellow ink ran out, leaving the Lizard cyan (blue) on several pages and panels.

Yellow + Blue = Green
Green - Yellow = Blue

It is unknown how many Blue Lizard books were shipped, but they are difficult and expensive to find in high grades. Much more scare than the Gold Cover UPC or Platinum editions, with print runs of 10,000 each or less.

CBCS acknowledges and identifies this book as the rare Variant it is. The CBCS Blue Label describes it as ""Blue Lizard Variant" on the label. Also noted, "7th & 10th page color plates transposed".

CGC only grades Blue Lizard books with a Green (Qualified) Label (a Manufacturing Error). CGC graded Green Label books generally sell for 30-40% less than equivalent Blue Label books. CBCS Blue Label was the obvious choice for the Blue Lizard.

This is the only graded Blue Lizard on the market. No others on eBay/Amazon/FB Marketplace.

Brand new slab, clean, no scratches and will ship quickly after payment.

PayPal Goods & Services only.
Shipping is $25 for Signed/Insured shipping within the ConUS.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Ladic private msg quote post Address this user
Didn't know about this, will have to open up my silver spiderman and check
Post 2 IP   flag post
@Ladic Good luck. I (amazingly) found another high grade raw Blue Lizard recently. Needs a press badly, but no color breaks, so I'm optimistic about a 9.4 or better. Every raw Blue Lizard on eBay VF at best.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Update: The 9.2 sold for $250 shipped.
Post 4 IP   flag post
I've got a raw copy for sale. Front cover is flawless, some spots on the back. Hasn't been cleaned or pressed yet. $200.
Post 5 IP   flag post
601453 5 5
This topic is archived. Start new topic?