Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern Age

How to Value This Book?937

Collector Ray private msg quote post Address this user
I am thinking of selling this book.

I have been trying to look around to find other copies that have sold; but I've not been able to find any.

How can I value this book?

Spider-Gwen #1 Adam Hughes Variant
CBCS Graded 9.9

Thank-you.

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector DertyComix private msg quote post Address this user
I have a subscription to gocollect.com. i beleive you can gauge what you can sell your book by seeing past purchases. Gocollect track purchases from ebay. A monthly subscription is required to unlock the full features of the web site. I but use the site to see what comics are going for so i know what to bid on, on ebay. Its a good site.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
One sold for $1150 1 year ago this month.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector CCD private msg quote post Address this user
Tree fiddy.
Post 4 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
$350-$400 is the market price for that 9.9
Post 5 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DertyComix
I have a subscription to gocollect.com. i beleive you can gauge what you can sell your book by seeing past purchases. Gocollect track purchases from ebay. A monthly subscription is required to unlock the full features of the web site. I but use the site to see what comics are going for so i know what to bid on, on ebay. Its a good site.

If you're going to spend money, i would recommend GPA over gocollect. Gocollect only displays eBay results, GPA has a lot more than just eBay.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke

Is that GPA?
Post 7 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCD
Quote:

Is that GPA?

And an Adam Hughes variant?
Post 8 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Yes, and Yes.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Quote:
Yes, and Yes.

When was this sale? It's interesting to see if this variant lost $700 in the last year.

OP, did you buy this book or did you slab it yourself?
Post 10 IP   flag post
prices have settled
raw copies under $200
$200+ for a CGC 9.8 graded copy.

Since April 2016 there were 384 gradings recorded in the CGC census with four 9.9's being the top grade (1 if those is a yellow)
Post 11 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCD
Quote:
Yes, and Yes.

When was this sale? It's interesting to see if this variant lost $700 in the last year.

OP, did you buy this book or did you slab it yourself?

It would be VERY interesting to see. Could be a very valuable lesson for some.
Post 12 IP   flag post
I didn't buy the book. I don't have a copy of that title.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Quote:
prices have settled
raw copies under $200
$200+ for a CGC 9.8 graded copy.

Since April 2016 there were 384 gradings recorded in the CGC census with four 9.9's being the top grade (1 if those is a yellow)

Yeah, I see there are 350 9.8s, LOL.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Quote:

No, I meant what day does GPA say a 9.9 copy sold for $400?
Post 15 IP   flag post
Moderator The_Watcher private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCD
Quote:

No, I meant what day does GPA say a 9.9 copy sold for $400?

No. High sale was $1750, and low was $935 for the Hughes variant. Only one sale for stanard 9.9 at $795
Post 16 IP   flag post
The question is when? Not now. That books is not going for $935 at 9.9. Highly doubtful. That book lost so much steam in a year. Gotta be kidding me.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Quote:
The question is when? Not now. That books is not going for $935 at 9.9. Highly doubtful. That book lost so much steam in a year. Gotta be kidding me.

Do you understand what GPA is?
Post 18 IP   flag post
Moderator The_Watcher private msg quote post Address this user
All sales for the variant are from 2015
Post 19 IP   flag post
Yes.

http://comics.gpanalysis.com/

See? that's from 2015. find me one now in 2016 going for $900
Post 20 IP   flag post
Quote:
Yes.

http://comics.gpanalysis.com/

See? that's from 2015. find me one now in 2016 going for $900

Does GPA list one as being sold for $400? Or did this $400 sale occur on a site that GPA can't get data from like ComicLink?
Post 21 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
List it at $1800 free shipping and except offers. You'll find out quick if you need to lower the price by monitoring views and watches and guaging what kind of offers come in.
Post 22 IP   flag post
What is a good view to watcher ratio in your opinion?
Post 23 IP   flag post
This is what I got on my report, not much else to go by.

Post 24 IP   flag post
So as you can see, this backs up The Watcher, but also as you can see, there has been zero activity all year on this book at 9.9.

Seing as how the rest of the variants all cooled down...if you want to make money off it now I'd sell it at $650 to make it move. Depends on what you have invested in it.
Post 25 IP   flag post
Quote:
This is what I got on my report, not much else to go by.

Ah, OK, so there is no verified $400 sale, thats just your opinion. The way you were talking I thought it had been verified somewhere.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Estimated price based off market trend, yes. My opinion.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Quote:
Estimated price based off market trend, yes. My opinion.

Well you can we why I was confused. I asked you if a $400 sale had been verified in GPA and you said yes. Since it has not, I don't want to fall victim to misinformation.
Post 28 IP   flag post
This page almost says word for word what I tried to indicate: http://www.recalledcomics.com/Spider-Gwen1HughesRI.php

Midtown is selling a raw one for $250: http://www.midtowncomics.com/store/dp.asp?PRID=Spider-Gwen+%231+Cover+I+In_1420044

there's no misinformation here. just market trend. i threw in the "my opinion" part to make you feel better. no one is trying to spread misinformation.
Post 29 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
You can't base anything on lack of activity for a 9.9, they happen so rarely and they sell at such premiums. You can't exactly apply tytpical 9.8 activity logic to them.
Post 30 IP   flag post
600441 40 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?