Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern Age

How to Value This Book?937

Collector CCD private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
This is what I got on my report, not much else to go by.

Ah, OK, so there is no verified $400 sale, thats just your opinion. The way you were talking I thought it had been verified somewhere.
Post 26 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Estimated price based off market trend, yes. My opinion.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Quote:
Estimated price based off market trend, yes. My opinion.

Well you can we why I was confused. I asked you if a $400 sale had been verified in GPA and you said yes. Since it has not, I don't want to fall victim to misinformation.
Post 28 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
This page almost says word for word what I tried to indicate: http://www.recalledcomics.com/Spider-Gwen1HughesRI.php

Midtown is selling a raw one for $250: http://www.midtowncomics.com/store/dp.asp?PRID=Spider-Gwen+%231+Cover+I+In_1420044

there's no misinformation here. just market trend. i threw in the "my opinion" part to make you feel better. no one is trying to spread misinformation.
Post 29 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
You can't base anything on lack of activity for a 9.9, they happen so rarely and they sell at such premiums. You can't exactly apply tytpical 9.8 activity logic to them.
Post 30 IP   flag post

True. What do I care? I don't even have the book or am looking to buy LOL

I'm outta here!

Post 31 IP   flag post
Collector SilverAgeFan private msg quote post Address this user
@Ray, if you have a price in mind, and your interested in selling, PM me, I'd be interested.
Post 32 IP   flag post
Quote:
This page almost says word for word what I tried to indicate: http://www.recalledcomics.com/Spider-Gwen1HughesRI.php

That site tells us nothing.

Quote:
Midtown is selling a raw one for $250: http://www.midtowncomics.com/store/dp.asp?PRID=Spider-Gwen+%231+Cover+I+In_1420044

How does this relate to a slabbed 9.9?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke[/quote
there's no misinformation here. just market trend. i threw in the "my opinion" part to make you feel better. no one is trying to spread misinformation.

OK. I thought my questions were pretty straight forward but sorry that I confused you.
Post 33 IP   flag post
Collector Ray private msg quote post Address this user
Thank-you for all the feedback. I appreciate everyone’s comments.

I originally posted because I couldn’t find any recent 9.9 sales. Sales for 9.8’s were pretty easy to find.

I’m the original owner, I purchased it raw and got it graded. I purchased it because I loved the cover and I’m a Spider-Gwen and Spider-Silk fan.

I was pretty shocked at the grade. I never saw a book graded above a 9.8. After getting the 9.9 I looked to EBay to see how common that grade was and what a 9.9 was worth. I remember seeing a buy it now sold for $2100. I didn’t find any 9.9 auctions for this book. That buy has since rolled off EBay’s history.

It seems there is a lot of traffic in the 9.8 and easily tracked whereas 9.9 is to rare to establish a pattern. But it makes sense that it follows the downward trend of variants over time, just starting from a much higher value.

I’m not sure I will be selling this book yet; but if I do I will be asking around $1200. I am curious if it will hold its value or even increase in time; 5+ years.

Again, thanks for all the feedback.

Ray
Post 34 IP   flag post
I think $1200 isn't crazy. All you can do is shoot out a number and see if the right buyer comes along. Good luck to you!
Post 35 IP   flag post
Collector SilverAgeFan private msg quote post Address this user
@Ray, I agree with Mykie. put a number out there that you're comfortable with and see what happens!
You could always list it on eBay as an auction item with a minimum. That way you're protected.
Post 36 IP   flag post
Collector Junglist private msg quote post Address this user
Ever join a forum and find you rapidly develop a big dislike for someone? Yea, me too.
Post 37 IP   flag post
Collector CopperAgeKids private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
$350-$400 is the market price for that 9.9

I'll pay the OP $350-$400 for that book all day long, and I'd be buying it for resale.

I sold a CGC 9.6 for a $179.99 BIN this past week, it took about 3-4 days to sell.

Spoder-Gwen is not as wildly popular as she initially was.

However, it's a 1:100 Hughes cover and has a classic 1960's pinup style version of Gwen on the cover.

No gimmicky Spider-Gwen costume on the cover
+
Hughes 1:100
+
CBCS 9.9
+
no other CGC or CBCS 9.9's available
+
high asking prices of 9.8's
=
$799.99 + $30 insured shipping
BIN

Or run it as a 7 day auction, timed to end on Sunday night.Opening bid at $799, with a BIN @ $1399
Post 38 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
$350-$400 is the market price for that 9.9

Quote:
The question is when? Not now. That books is not going for $935 at 9.9. Highly doubtful. That book lost so much steam in a year. Gotta be kidding me.

Quote:
I think $1200 isn't crazy. All you can do is shoot out a number and see if the right buyer comes along. Good luck to you!

Bases are loaded!
Post 39 IP   flag post
I still go by my original two posts. That final and third comment was in light of what others were stating their opinion was and so I said sure shoot out the $1200 number if that's what people think it would go for… But I really don't think it would go for that price to be honest with you I still stick with what I said originally.
Post 40 IP   flag post
601288 40 15
This topic is archived. Start new topic?