Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS EventsComics Bronze AgeComics Copper AgeComics Modern AgeSigning Opportunities

Terrificon - George Perez - They ain't making things easy9359

I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Earlier this year George Perez announced that this will be his last year going to comic book conventions (he may do one next year but that is about it).

With two shows later this year (East Coast Comic Con and Terrificon) at the time of the announcement it seemed that it would be easy enough to get my Perez books signed. I even bought multiple copies of his Conan and War of the Realms covers that came out earlier this year.

Now with East Coast Comic Con behind us the following facts have been released:

1. George Perez will only be at Terrificon on Friday, August 9th.
2. To get a ticket for George to sign your items you must have a ticket for either Friday or the Weekend and this does not include vendor or press passes.
3. Only one signing ticket will be given to each person or family for the entire show.
4. The ticket is only good for up to five signed items
5. Even though the show does not start on Friday until 2PM they will start giving out the George Perez signing tickets at 10AM. This means you need to line up between 8AM and 9AM if you want to get your ticket before they are all gone (the quantity is limited to a number below the Friday passes sold).
6. Once you have your ticket you must come back at the time that has been assigned to you to get your items signed.

Link

clickable text

So far I have about a dozen George Perez books that I would like to get signed and will probably have more by the time the show starts next month.

I have a vendor badge lined up and will probably be buying a Friday badge to get five of my books signed meaning I will have an extra badge. I may also be willing to buy one or two additional Friday badges for anyone that would be willing to help me get a few more signatures.

PM me if you are interested or just want to meet up at the show (I will be there Friday and Saturday but am on the fence about Sunday).
Post 1 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Corey, the Terrificon dates this year conflict with my annual camping trip to Maine. I might be able to make it on Sunday, but that’s not even a definite. Wish I could help out.
Post 2 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
Corey, the Terrificon dates this year conflict with my annual camping trip to Maine. I might be able to make it on Sunday, but that’s not even a definite. Wish I could help out.

If you can't make it I will probably see you at Rhode Island Comic Con.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Weaponx606 private msg quote post Address this user
Be prepared for limits for signatures. At East Coast on Saturday the limit was 5 items.
Post 4 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
So glad I got my dozens of Perez signatures and sketches back in the day so I no longer have to deal with this craziness.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector Paulbg2000 private msg quote post Address this user
Talking to the guys at NFCC it was capped at 20 tickets per hour being given out with 5 signatures per ticket.

If you know any vendors going, you might be better off....Perez was there early and Vendors could get unlimited books signed before the doors opened.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulbg2000
Talking to the guys at NFCC it was capped at 20 tickets per hour being given out with 5 signatures per ticket.

If you know any vendors going, you might be better off....Perez was there early and Vendors could get unlimited books signed before the doors opened.

Perez tickets are given out at 10am, show starts at 2pm in a different location.

Does not look good for vendors.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector DWYCK private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos
PM me if you are interested or just want to meet up at the show (I will be there Friday and Saturday but am on the fence about Sunday)

PM-ed you. Just happened to be looking for information on the G. Perez appearance but definitely interested.
Post 8 IP   flag post
598086 8 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?