Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Random Question - Duck Knight Returns #1 SDCC9346

Collector Paulbg2000 private msg quote post Address this user
Ok, so I was at the Local comic Shop digging through the bins and I snagged this book (not this exact copy, but it's a NM copy looks like it's never been opened) for $4...I figured it's worth a blind buy...

I can't find much on it, I know it's the San Diego Comic Con Exclusive from 2010...price guide lists it as about $13...but there's copies going for $150 and even one nutty listing of $250 US

What am I missing here?!

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Darkwing-Duck-1-SDCC-Batman-Dark-Knight-Returns-Variant-Rare-Hard-to-Find/333158970525?hash=item4d91d2749d:g:cykAAOSwYXVclVhj

https://ultimatecomics.com/shop/variants/darkwing-duck-1-sdcc-exclusive-dark-knight-returns-homage-variant-boom/

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector knightedsamurai12 private msg quote post Address this user
That whole series had low print runs and are pretty hard to find. This one hovers around the $100 mark, from what I see on eBay. I was a huge fan of the cartoon when I was a kid, so I've been collecting this series and snagging the variants when I run across them. The Batman homage covers were pretty cool as well.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by knightedsamurai12
That whole series had low print runs and are pretty hard to find. This one hovers around the $100 mark, from what I see on eBay. I was a huge fan of the cartoon when I was a kid, so I've been collecting this series and snagging the variants when I run across them. The Batman homage covers were pretty cool as well.

Thanks for the info, I found that it had a 500 print run on this cover...which could speak to the price. I could only find the one listing on e-bay, which does tell me it's a harder to find cover...but man, $250?!
Post 3 IP   flag post
Yea, that does seem a big much. There is also this version and a 2nd print variant of the one you asked about where is is struck by lightning.

Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
Are they GETTING these prices, or are they just asking?
Post 5 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR_SigS
Are they GETTING these prices, or are they just asking?

The second link at $149.99 says "Out of Stock"...

Wondering if I just throw it up on Ebay for Sh*ts and giggles at $150 and see what happens...maybe I can turn my $4 purchase into something bigger! LOL
Post 6 IP   flag post
Last few eBay sold sales are between $80-100, might be worth a shot...I got a copy of the 2nd pic I put up for $100 a few months ago. The guy had it at $150 for the longest time, he dropped the price and it still didn't sell, so I offered $100 and he accepted. It was a CGC 9.8.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector Terry88 private msg quote post Address this user
If you're gonna sell it, try selling it here first imo.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Book sold today for about $90 Canadian after conversion...not bad for a $4 bin find.
Post 9 IP   flag post
601461 9 9
This topic is archived. Start new topic?