Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Signatures

Question about grading signed comics9317

Collector Robg private msg quote post Address this user
I have 2 comics that have signatures that I acquired in a lot of books I bought. One is Jim lee and the other is Stan lee anyone know if they would be worth grading
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector bige31 private msg quote post Address this user
If they are in good condition and you would like to see them graded and verified go for it. Plus omega red is a boss.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Well I’d like too.I’m trying to get ones with good value over price to get graded.dont have a lot of money to use for grading so I have to be picky lol
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector KYoung_1974 private msg quote post Address this user
Your best bet is to go out and look at eBay and see if anybody has sold those comics with those digs and what the final cost was.
Post 4 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
May want to consider saving enough for a few books to be done at once. Shipping for a single book is cost prohibitive.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector etapi65 private msg quote post Address this user
The Stan Lee signed doesn't look in great shape. While his sig carries some value, you would have to get a verified sig label. That's costs $25.00 to get done and does not guarantee the signature would come back authentic; then you add the grading and shipping fees. The Jim Lee sig (on first glance) looks like a better condition comic. I don't see many with Lee sig, but there's a 9.8 listed for buy it now at $87.00. It would cost you over $50 to get signature verification, grading and shipping back. If it's about value, I might skip both of these.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
I'd be weary of that Stan Lee signature - looks off to me

Stan has been charging a pretty penny for many years for his signature - you would have to ask - why have 'that' book signed - far from a key
Post 7 IP   flag post
@etapi65 thank you that helps alot
Post 8 IP   flag post
@katkomics I have compared to others the s and t looks right but the lee looks off so I’m not really sure
Post 9 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
whole thing looks off - those aren't the strong confident strokes of someone who has signed his name a billion times

Post 10 IP   flag post
Thanks for the help.thats why I wanted to post it and get some opinions
Post 11 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robg
@katkomics I have compared to others the s and t looks right but the lee looks off so I’m not really sure

it does resemble more of a "drawing" than a fluid signature. it looks labored.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector Noblebeast315 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robg

it does resemble more of a "drawing" than a fluid signature. it looks labored.

Oh heck yeah that underline looks like it was done twice. It’s unevenly thick.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Yeah I looked at it close it’s done with two different markers one is lighter than the other I can see where someone went over it a few times trying to get it to look right
Post 14 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Last I checked, Jim Lee's signature wasn't THAT expensive. It'd probably cost about the same to have an AW witness a new sig on the book and get a yellow label.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Collector etapi65 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite
Last I checked, Jim Lee's signature wasn't THAT expensive. It'd probably cost about the same to have an AW witness a new sig on the book and get a yellow label.
He did a free signing at a local shop about a year and a half ago...the line was insane and it was raining, but it happened. I paid $99.00 to do an event at a con with just him, 5 sigs (3 sigs...hmmm, don't recall now) some stuff we got to take home stuff.
Post 16 IP   flag post
600777 16 16
This topic is archived. Start new topic?