Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector Robg private msg quote post Address this user
My first graded book I just received back today.May not have been in great shape when I found it,but now protected for any further damage
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Paint_Monk private msg quote post Address this user
What book was it? Pics?
Post 2 IP   flag post

Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Paint_Monk private msg quote post Address this user
Nice! A lot of folks collect classic and more expensive books in lower grades. That's a good first addition to your collection.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector KCBatmanFan private msg quote post Address this user
Certainly a good place to start! Congrats!
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector kevinlmillard private msg quote post Address this user
This way my first Graded book. It was the only book I kept from when I was a kid. I had to sell my collection when my son was born and the only reason this one didn't go with it was because I had it hanging in his nursery. I named him Logan and we met Chris 5 years ago and had it graded.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Thanks guys I’m super excited about it
Post 7 IP   flag post
Captain Corrector CaptainCanuck private msg quote post Address this user
@kevinlmillard

Name your next one Patch.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector kevinlmillard private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCanuck
@kevinlmillard

Name your next one Patch.
LOL that is funny!!!! I was able to sneak Logan in there. I got vetoed on Edward Brock Millard. That was my first choice.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector Batman79 private msg quote post Address this user
I would be happy with that FF #5!!! Keep her safe!
Post 10 IP   flag post
@batman79 I definitely will
Post 11 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
that FF is awesome. My first graded book that i had Stan Lee sign wich I owned and my family had it slabbed for me for my b-day.

edit - PGX slab deleted.

This next one is one that I Purchased and had it slabbed myself, so this was my personal first comic i sent in for grading. And that Kevin Eastman posed with it was a real bonus.

Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Reacted - Issue resolved!
Post 13 IP   flag post
That’s great I have many more I want to get graded.not sure what to grade next

Post 14 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
@Robg Congratulations! Awesome first slab for your collection.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Collector bige31 private msg quote post Address this user
This was the first one that I bought. I got it for 6 bucks of eBay in like 2012.

Then these two are the ones I personally got signed and graded first.

@Robg very nice book.
Post 16 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@sportshort - We aren’t allowed to post PGX slabs, it is forbidden by CBCS rules (just to let you know).
Post 17 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio
PGX 🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨!!!!

I'm not sure what they sybols mean but i'm sure it's derogatory agains pgx. I am going to defend them, as my dealings with them have been nothging but great, no newton rings, not cheap feeling or looking slabs. I get that there is hate for them but i have seen videos and read things about CGC & CBCS and i've bought from all 3. I like them, I am not ashamed of having my Silver Surfer in their great looking, great feeling case. It is for my personal collection and I enjoy it.
Post 18 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
@sportshort - We aren’t allowed to post PGX slabs, it is forbidden by CBCS rules (just to let you know).

Wha..??? I didn't know that, since there are CGC slabs i figured you can post any slabs you wanted. do you know why that is? that makes no sense since they are all competitors. what is the protocal, what do the rules say/suggest/imply I should do?
Post 19 IP   flag post
Quote:

It looks like someone else will need to do something about my PGX post as i am not able to edit it. I can hardly wait till Big Brother comes and erases my existence.
Post 20 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportshort
Quote:

Wha..??? I didn't know that, since there are CGC slabs i figured you can post any slabs you wanted. do you know why that is? that makes no sense since they are all competitors. what is the protocal, what do the rules say/suggest/imply I should do?

I went ahead and fixed your post. We only allow CGC and CBCS slabs to be posted on the forum.
Post 21 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
Quote:
Quote:

I went ahead and fixed your post. We only allow CGC and CBCS slabs to be posted on the forum.

Thanks @Jesse_O! thanks for not sending me to oblivion.
Post 22 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
@sportshort LOL!!! We usually give a pass on PGX slabs the first time. If it becomes a habit, then we'll address it with the individual.
Post 23 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user

First purchased

First submitted by me
Post 24 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

@sportshort If you ever decide to sell that SS1, I suggest having it cracked, pressed, and reslabbed by CBCS. You're practically guaranteed to receive a higher $$$ on the sale.
Post 25 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte

First purchased

First submitted by me

Thanks, this makes me feel like less of a man.

Kidding, Fantastic books.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pre_Coder
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

@sportshort If you ever decide to sell that SS1, I suggest having it cracked, pressed, and reslabbed by CBCS. You're practically guaranteed to receive a higher $$$ on the sale.

I appreciate the advice but since it was a family gift to slab it and i don't have any issues with it, i will probably let sleeping dogs lie. but pressing it is enticing.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector bige31 private msg quote post Address this user
@sportshort pressing would probably help. I had a PGX book that was a 9.2 and got it pressed and cleaned and it came back a 9.6. So yours may come back a 4 or higher.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bige31
@sportshort pressing would probably help. I had a PGX book that was a 9.2 and got it pressed and cleaned and it came back a 9.6. So yours may come back a 4 or higher.

Although i like the idea very much I have a tiny problem, If it was still up you would have read that there is a sticker in the book. the sticker is a PSA DNA sticker that was put in the book by the witness to the Stan Lee signature, it's what they do to make sure the signature number stays with the book. so how does that affect pressing & cleaning?
Post 29 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Lol.

Ya know the thing about this forum, it doesnt matter how "big" your collection is. There is always another guy that will have the "holy crap, batman" collection.

Forces you to realize nobody is a big fish in this small pond. Besides, I HATED the iron man book for ages because it was Pence. It wasnt until I showed it on forum and tons of folks asked me if it was for sale that I realized that 550$ wasnt wasted.
Post 30 IP   flag post
600839 42 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?