Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte

First purchased

First submitted by me

Thanks, this makes me feel like less of a man.

Kidding, Fantastic books.
Post 26 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pre_Coder
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportshort
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportshort
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
@sportshort - We aren’t allowed to post PGX slabs, it is forbidden by CBCS rules (just to let you know).

Wha..??? I didn't know that, since there are CGC slabs i figured you can post any slabs you wanted. do you know why that is? that makes no sense since they are all competitors. what is the protocal, what do the rules say/suggest/imply I should do?

I went ahead and fixed your post. We only allow CGC and CBCS slabs to be posted on the forum.

Thanks @Jesse_O! thanks for not sending me to oblivion.

@sportshort If you ever decide to sell that SS1, I suggest having it cracked, pressed, and reslabbed by CBCS. You're practically guaranteed to receive a higher $$$ on the sale.

I appreciate the advice but since it was a family gift to slab it and i don't have any issues with it, i will probably let sleeping dogs lie. but pressing it is enticing.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector bige31 private msg quote post Address this user
@sportshort pressing would probably help. I had a PGX book that was a 9.2 and got it pressed and cleaned and it came back a 9.6. So yours may come back a 4 or higher.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bige31
@sportshort pressing would probably help. I had a PGX book that was a 9.2 and got it pressed and cleaned and it came back a 9.6. So yours may come back a 4 or higher.

Although i like the idea very much I have a tiny problem, If it was still up you would have read that there is a sticker in the book. the sticker is a PSA DNA sticker that was put in the book by the witness to the Stan Lee signature, it's what they do to make sure the signature number stays with the book. so how does that affect pressing & cleaning?
Post 29 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Lol.

Ya know the thing about this forum, it doesnt matter how "big" your collection is. There is always another guy that will have the "holy crap, batman" collection.

Forces you to realize nobody is a big fish in this small pond. Besides, I HATED the iron man book for ages because it was Pence. It wasnt until I showed it on forum and tons of folks asked me if it was for sale that I realized that 550$ wasnt wasted.
Post 30 IP   flag post

@bige31 I would think if there is a presser and cleaner that is a PGX facilitator then yes it would retain the signature of they work like cgc and cbcs. I do know that they offer their own in house pressing and cleaning. So if they press and clean the. It should retain the signature because it’s never broken the chain of custody in their eyes.
Post 31 IP   flag post
Quote:
Lol.

Ya know the thing about this forum, it doesnt matter how "big" your collection is. There is always another guy that will have the "holy crap, batman" collection.

Forces you to realize nobody is a big fish in this small pond. Besides, I HATED the iron man book for ages because it was Pence. It wasnt until I showed it on forum and tons of folks asked me if it was for sale that I realized that 550$ wasnt wasted.

You're not kidding, i have seen some amazing items on these forums. Glad to hear your story had a happy ending.
Post 32 IP   flag post
Quote:
@bige31 I would think if there is a presser and cleaner that is a PGX facilitator then yes it would retain the signature of they work like cgc and cbcs. I do know that they offer their own in house pressing and cleaning. So if they press and clean the. It should retain the signature because it’s never broken the chain of custody in their eyes.

This is great advise I will look into it.
Post 33 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Talking manhood and big and happy ending.
This isnt a Kraft massage parlor!
Post 34 IP   flag post
Quote:
Talking manhood and big and happy ending.
This isnt a Kraft massage parlor!

I thought about that before I hit post... then I did it anyway.
Post 35 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

I don’t believe cbcs or cgc will accept pgx witnessed signatures....and the time frame in which they’d accept one of their own authorized witnesses has likely expired for that book. So best you can hope is a red label.

And stickers are considered a defect as well...might take a grade hit or a qualified label.
Post 36 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
My first ever slab purchase....

First book I ever sent in for slabbing....

Post 37 IP   flag post
I believe you are correct @drogio, it took a grade hit from pgx, so that sucks. It seemed like a good idea to get it witnessed by a third party
Post 38 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio
Quote:

I don’t believe cbcs or cgc will accept pgx witnessed signatures....and the time frame in which they’d accept one of their own authorized witnesses has likely expired for that book. So best you can hope is a red label.

And stickers are considered a defect as well...might take a grade hit or a qualified label.

They won’t. I was talking about it going back to PGX or using someone who presses and cleans on their own but who is a facilitator for PGX if that is indeed how they operate. If the comic is actually witnessed signature from
PGX.
Post 39 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio
Quote:

They won’t. I was talking about it going back to PGX or using someone who presses and cleans on their own but who is a facilitator for PGX if that is indeed how they operate. If the comic is actually witnessed signature from
PGX.

It actually was witnessed by DNA/PSA hence, the sticker. At least the sticker verified signature witnessed authenticity if nothing else.
Post 40 IP   flag post
@sportshort ah then there goes all my points haha. Not sure what to do now about the sticker.
Post 41 IP   flag post
Quote:
@sportshort ah then there goes all my points haha. Not sure what to do now about the sticker.

My sentiments exactly.
Post 42 IP   flag post
600848 42 17
This topic is archived. Start new topic?