Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern Age

What Are Your Recent Submissions?9301

Collector Paint_Monk private msg quote post Address this user
These are the two recent submissions which excite me the most! The Perlin signature on Spotlight #28 was a total surprise and the Airboy was dual-signed. Hoping for decent grades on both.

Other submissions are a really nice copy of Conan the Barbarian #2 (1970), Peter Parker #64 (signed by Jim Shooter), Spotlight #29 and a Moon Knight (Moench) #1 (signed).

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Going for a red label, I assume?
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Batman79 private msg quote post Address this user

Red label for the mcfarlane signature.
Post 3 IP   flag post

yellow label for all
Post 4 IP   flag post

yellow label
Post 5 IP   flag post

yellow labels..both kevin conroy
Post 6 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Mostly resubmissions for me:

Signed by Mark Bagley

Adding Karl Kesel

Adding Mary McDonnel

Adding Matt Fraction

Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
I have 8 Danger Girl Previews & 1 Gold Foil #1 currently “scheduled for grading” across the street.

Other than that, I got these back recently.

Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector GL76 private msg quote post Address this user
At the online auction where I got these, they were both graded 9.4 (the highest grade given by that auction). I couldn’t be happier with the results.

Post 9 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Just sent this one in - few spine ticks - maybe 9 or 9.2 for $30 is all good

Had 2 of these sent in

From here down are in grading right now!!!

Hope for 9 and 9+ on the Bat 357's and 7 on the Weird Science

Post 10 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio

Yep, although the other comics I submitted all had Jim Shooter's witnessed (authentic) signature.
Post 11 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Title Issue Variant Signed by
Batman (1940) 197 N/A
Batman (1940) 199 Joe Giella
Brave and the Bold (1955) 69 Joe Giella
Captain America (1968) 123 Joe Sinnott
Cloak & Dagger (1985) 11 Carl Potts
Dakota North (1986) 1 Larry Hama
Detective Comics (1937) 339 Joe Giella
Detective Comics (1937) 394 Joe Giella
Evel Knievel (1974) 1 Joe Sinnott
Fantstic Four Annual (1961) 6 Joe Sinnott
Johnny Thunder (1973) 2 Joe Giella
Joker Comics (1942) 20 N/A
Marvel Rising (2019) Cover B - Ron Lim Ron Lim
Marvel Zombies (2006) 4 Cover A - Arthur Suydam Arthur Suydam
Rawhide Kid (1955) 79 Larry Lieber
Shogun Warriors (1979) 1 Al Milgrom
Strange Tales (1951) 180 Jim Starlin
Strange Tales (1951) 181 Jim Starlin Al Milgrom
Suicide Squad (1987) 1 Cover by Howard Chaykin Howard Chaykin
Superman (1939) 147 N/A
War of Realms (2019) 1 George Perez Cover George Perez
War of Realms (2019) 1 George Perez Cover George Perez
Flintstones (1977) 1 N/A
Hawkman (1964) 1 N/A
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector Rafel private msg quote post Address this user
Those are some cool covers!! Thank you for sharing.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector Airmomo private msg quote post Address this user
Here's one I just got back

https://d3nvbf5pqk2vjh.cloudfront.net/cgccomics/monthly_2019_06/IMG_20190614_163327.jpg.42afc1e64a03085f13742298a7fe89fe.jpg
Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector Kenjisan1967 private msg quote post Address this user
@KatKomics 🤩🤩🤩 @ that Batman Adventures #12
Post 15 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paint_Monk
Quote:

Yep, although the other comics I submitted all had Jim Shooter's witnessed (authentic) signature.

Where did you get Shooter to sign?
Post 16 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
In Grading right now:

CBCS
[1989] Caliber Presents #1
[1989] Caliber The Crow #1 
[1989] Caliber The Crow #2 
[1989] Caliber The Crow #3 
[1989] Caliber The Crow #4

CGC
Amazing Spider-Man 13 6/64
Amazing Spider-Man 14 7/64
Amazing Spider-Man 15 8/64
Amazing Spider-Man 20 1/65
Fantastic Four 4 5/62
Fantastic Four 48 3/66
Post 17 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenjisan1967
@KatKomics 🤩🤩🤩 @ that Batman Adventures #12

fun story with Bat Adv #12 - I would never have bought this if not for the owner of a shop near where I was working at the time. I was there I think picking up some CGC SS slabs as he was an authorized witness and he said I would want to pick this book up too "gonna be a hot book!!". Others were maybe as high as $100 already on ebay but he has this on his wall for $30!!
So a few ticks but $30 with no shipping I was like - ok...I'll take it.

Turns out he was right
Post 18 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
In Grading right now:

CBCS

CGC
Fantastic Four 4 5/62
Fantastic Four 48 3/66

O'Barr will be at Eternal con next weekend. I recently bought Caliber Presents # 1 for him to sign.
Post 19 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
I submitted the following 5 books to CBCS today for Red Labels during their $10-off promotion. Only one of the books is signed on the cover, the other four are on the splash page, old-school style.

Post 20 IP   flag post
Collector no1lufcfan private msg quote post Address this user
Just sent these in for VSP with clean and press on 14th ..my first ever direct submissions and got to say $85 return postage a wee bit of a shock for just 3 books

Doctor Strange 1 and 2 both signed inside by Frank Brunner..hopefully our resident pancake king can work some magic

and

X-Men 1 Milestone Edition signed by Jack Kirby (fingers crossed)

Post 21 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paint_Monk
Quote:

Where did you get Shooter to sign?

A friend of mine took my books to Lost Nation Comic Con in Willoughby, Ohio (June 1). Shooter was there and my buddy said it was amazing. It was a small con - with NO LINE for Shooter's signature. He said Shooter's "discussion panel" was a half dozen guys sitting around on bleachers talking to him about his time at Marvel. CBCS was on hand taking submissions and verifying Shooter's sig.

Wish I would have been there in person.
Post 22 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
I met Jim Shooter at a convention last year and had him sign an Adventure Comics #246 for me (it was his first work in comics, he even did the pencils, at the age of 15!). There was no line, so we just talked for about 15 minutes. He said he never considered himself much of an artist, and thank god for inkers! He had several binders with him that included copies of comics he worked on, plus original art pieces by others too. He also did not charge for his signature; he said he didn't have to (he said he was paid by the convention to appear at it) and since he is mostly know as an editor, he didn't feel it was right to charge. He is an absolutely great guy to talk to, and he's also funny (he told me that a certain artist friend of his, initials NA, gets made at him for not charging for his signature - said it makes HIM look bad).
Post 23 IP   flag post
Whole bunch of witnessed signatures

Infinity Gauntlet #1 x2 signatures Perez, Starlin, Rubinstein (one will be sold one for my son)
DC Comics Presents #26 - signed Perez and Starlin
Wonder Woman #1 - Perez
Wonder Woman # 7 - Perez
Rai #0 x2
Eternal Warrior #4 x2
Batman Adventures #12
Some Captain America sketch cover with..importantly...a Red Skull sketch from Allen Bellman

most needed a press but some did not - went with press screen -if they need a press they get one..if they don't it is cheaper than splitting the order apart!
Post 24 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
In Grading right now:

CBCS

CGC
Fantastic Four 4 5/62
Fantastic Four 48 3/66

O'Barr will be at Eternal con next weekend. I recently bought Caliber Presents # 1 for him to sign.

I'd love to see that book once O'Barr signs it!
Post 25 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
I met Jim Shooter at a convention last year and had him sign an Adventure Comics #246 for me (it was his first work in comics, he even did the pencils, at the age of 15!). There was no line, so we just talked for about 15 minutes. He said he never considered himself much of an artist, and thank god for inkers! He had several binders with him that included copies of comics he worked on, plus original art pieces by others too. He also did not charge for his signature; he said he didn't have to (he said he was paid by the convention to appear at it) and since he is mostly know as an editor, he didn't feel it was right to charge. He is an absolutely great guy to talk to, and he's also funny (he told me that a certain artist friend of his, initials NA, gets made at him for not charging for his signature - said it makes HIM look bad).

That is a cool story.

Back in April 2014, I bought 3 posters from NA and asked if he could put todays date on them as he signed each one. With a frown he said he wasn't going to do that and didn't. The lady sitting to his left looked vey unhappy so I asked her if she was NA's wife which she said "Yes". So I asked her for her autograph and if she could put todays date on the 3 posters which she did. Now I am the proud owner of 3 NA posters signed by Mr. and Mrs. NA.
Post 26 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
Pretty incredible the contrast between NA and JS.
One not only rakes over the fans with a $50 signature; but when asked to date it.... well.... that's kinda like asking for a head sketch. Outlandish I say!
An offer of $60 may have gotten you that date from NA. I mean afterall it is his time and effort... and a date has gotta be worth around $10
Post 27 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo

Really good inkers can make artists look better than they truly are.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuffsaid111
Pretty incredible the contrast between NA and JS.
One not only rakes over the fans with a $50 signature; but when asked to date it.... well.... that's kinda like asking for a head sketch. Outlandish I say!
An offer of $60 may have gotten you that date from NA. I mean afterall it is his time and effort... and a date has gotta be worth around $10

I may have started a trend. The last Los Angeles Comic Con I was at I bought a comic book signed by STAN LEE, JOAN LEE and J.C. LEE!!
Post 29 IP   flag post
On the way home now!!

Was hoping for 9 and 9+ on the Bat 357's and 7 on the Weird Science

Actual Grades

8.5 - little disappointed but this one goes for sale - maybe wait till next Suicide Squad movie?

9.6!!! knew this would be 9.4-9.8

Was thinking 7 on this bad boy - came back 7.5!!!!!!!

Post 30 IP   flag post
601333 40 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?