Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector Icculus private msg quote post Address this user
Sorry if this has already been asked but I didn't see it in a search. Actually a two part question. Just curious if I were to buy a CGC book and send it in to CBCS would it cost the regular fee or would it simply be classified as a re-slab?

Also I'm not 100% on the signature thing but if a book gets sent in that is in a CGC validated signature book does it go in CBCS signature slab even though CGC was the one who witnessed it and not CBCS?

Thanks
Post 1 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
CBCS won't re-holder a CGC book. The book has to go through the grading process in order to receive a grade from CBCS.

CBCS will honor a CGC yellow label but you have to send in the slab intact, you can't just include the label.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Thank you very much
Post 3 IP   flag post
Hi everybody. Thought about making a new thread but figured the continuation of this one would work just fine. So I have a few more questions about crossing over books to CBCS. I understand that CBCS won't just reslab a CGC book with out regrading it but for those of you who have done crossovers (not signed where you need to prove the sig) do you crack them out first and send to CBCS or just send in the CGC slab?

Reason I ask is I just bought 3 books that haven't received yet but in the description it said they were fresh back from CGC. This has me a little concerned that they might be in problematic cases and they are definitely books that I don't want to sustain any wave damage. Plus just like the CBCS brand of cases better--clearer plastic without the tint I think. I would think that sending them in the case might serve as added protection during shipping. However, while I know its not "supposed to" it seems books coming in the door with a grade already on them could influence the grade they receive. What is everyone's thoughts on this? Does CBCS charge extra for the crack out?
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector The_Curmudgeon private msg quote post Address this user
The graders never see the old grade.
As far as they are concerned it came in as a raw submission, therefore, they cannot be influenced by the previous grade.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector cseale0223 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite
CBCS won't re-holder a CGC book. The book has to go through the grading process in order to receive a grade from CBCS.

CBCS will honor a CGC yellow label but you have to send in the slab intact, you can't just include the label.

If your an AW at a con you can crack the case and still get yellow label. (Mark said on facebook)
Post 6 IP   flag post
Thanks for the answers so far. Questions remaining are if you send a comic to CBCS that is already slabbed do they charge a fee to crack it? Also from their web page it says:

Each comic in your order will also have a barcode sticker placed on the mylar or bag in came in, which also allows us to track any single comic in your submission.

Well if you send it in slabbed its obviously not in mylar (or even a bag board) so to they bag it and the sticker before grading? I guess I'm just wondering about he process flow if you send it in already slabbed.
Post 7 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
As far as I know there is no charge for case cracking. I would send them still slabbed because they have experience cracking the cases safely. The exception to this would be if I could see that the new CGC case is causing damage, at that point I'd crack it myself to prevent further damage.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icculus
Thanks for the answers so far. Questions remaining are if you send a comic to CBCS that is already slabbed do they charge a fee to crack it? Also from their web page it says:

Each comic in your order will also have a barcode sticker placed on the mylar or bag in came in, which also allows us to track any single comic in your submission.

Well if you send it in slabbed its obviously not in mylar (or even a bag board) so to they bag it and the sticker before grading? I guess I'm just wondering about he process flow if you send it in already slabbed.

Good question.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector AznBane private msg quote post Address this user
If you're considering getting CGC books reslabbed and are concerned about the grade I would recommend using CFP for pressing since they can press it while you keep your yellow label. I only suggest pressing because CBCS is gaining a reputation for stricter grading. (Which is fine by me. I have peace of mind knowing my 9.8 is for sure a 9.8) In my opinion you should try to eliminate as many factors as you can before going through the process of regrading a SS book. Just my two cents.
Post 10 IP   flag post
597893 10 10
This topic is archived. Start new topic?