Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Looks like cbcs missed one..9298

Collector moodswing private msg quote post Address this user
https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/06/15/slabbed-comic-distressed/?fbclid=IwAR167-MC0ljHq-y41_PaFwh9BsVmDR1JxSyZgrLj5emKBLNDdKoC_nrLcjQ

Hopefully this gets regraded for free.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector doog private msg quote post Address this user
My hats off to the skill of the artist 👩🎨
Post 2 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Ouch!! that does not look good on CBCS
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
It was only a matter of time.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
Wow. I saw the owner pouting on Facebook groups, but didnt know Bleeding cool got their talons on it. Love the cgc disclaimer.

My thing is this, if you're unhappy try resolving the matter first with the party you take issue with. This applies to this case and numerous others that pop up from time to time. I have had issues with both companies and spent the effort with each resolving the matter. It actually gets taken care of when you try.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector Terry88 private msg quote post Address this user
Good lord. How does this even happen?
Post 6 IP   flag post
Joined The Club Steverogers11 private msg quote post Address this user
🤭🤭🤭🤭🤭🤭🤭🤭🤭🤭🤭🤭🤭🤭🤭🤭🤭🤭🤭🤭🤭🤭🤭🤭🤭🤭🤭🤭🤭🤭🤭🤭🤭🤭
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector Wraith private msg quote post Address this user
Oops .. wonder how closely those 'faults' were examined ...
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector Marximus private msg quote post Address this user
This book was looked at by three graders???
Post 9 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
I work in a large corporate business.
Workers are constantly under pressure to work faster, do things quicker, more agile, more lean, etc...
And then we are under constant pressure for quality quality quality quality.

Well - the two don't just go together as much as we believe we've done the right thing. It's a constant battle between the two of trial and error to get it right.

Customers (us slabbers) have been complaining complaining complaining to get the TATs down from 18 - 20 weeks. They've done that.
But as with any quick turnaround of any business to "do things faster", it comes with a consequence of at least pocket instances of less quality.

They'll get it right, but this does happen all the time in business. And I mean all the time across all businesses. And customers and employees alike are often like "how could this happen". Well - again... quality and speed are arch nemesis like Batman and the Joker
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by moodswing
https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/06/15/slabbed-comic-distressed/?fbclid=IwAR167-MC0ljHq-y41_PaFwh9BsVmDR1JxSyZgrLj5emKBLNDdKoC_nrLcjQ

Hopefully this gets regraded for free.

Lol
Post 11 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user

Post 12 IP   flag post
Joined The Club Steverogers11 private msg quote post Address this user
This is terrible. No way 3 graders missed that. I mean u kidding me. Don’t think I’ll b sending anymore there. Sad I was really hoping they would give Cgc a run but seems like every time they get momentum shit happens
Post 13 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user

Post 14 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
happens across the street too!
Post 15 IP   flag post
Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuffsaid111
Workers are constantly under pressure to work faster, do things quicker, more agile, more lean, etc...

Well - the two don't just go together as much as we believe we've done the right thing. It's a constant battle between the two of trial and error to get it right.

Customers (us slabbers) have been complaining complaining complaining to get the TATs down from 18 - 20 weeks. They've done that.
But as with any quick turnaround of any business to "do things faster", it comes with a consequence of at least pocket instances of less quality.

They'll get it right, but this does happen all the time in business. And I mean all the time across all businesses. And customers and employees alike are often like "how could this happen". Well - again... quality and speed are arch nemesis like Batman and the Joker

I am in construction and this "the sky is falling mentality" reminds me when the consultant (who has no liability if the building was to not perform) makes a mountain out of a mole hill and freaks out the owner. The Owner then calls everyone and their mother into a meeting freaking out about the issue. 9 times out of the 10 the solution is easily fixable or a non-factor.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuffsaid111

That's exactly right. You do have to wonder if they even opened it. Quality is an attitude, not something you can train people to do. They guy looking at the comic has to want it right. They have to be willing to take as much time as is necessary despite the pressures.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Captain Accident the420bandito private msg quote post Address this user
Couldn't one just hold it up the light on an angle and see the obvious?
Post 18 IP   flag post

Post 19 IP   flag post
Collector comic_book_man private msg quote post Address this user
This is just silly.
Post 20 IP   flag post
Captain Corrector CaptainCanuck private msg quote post Address this user

Wait.

If it was graded as if the printed distress marks were real flaws, it should be a lot lower than a 5.5.

Maybe it got a grade bump because the back cover was a 9.8 😝

Post 21 IP   flag post
Collector bige31 private msg quote post Address this user
@Hcanes I saw this guy post of Facebook As well. I told him to post it here to ask why in the world was it graded like this. He said he tried to post it and ask on the Facebook page but said he got deleted and said that he was waiting for acceptance here. And I’m not surprised bleeding cool grabbed it. They take any chance they get to poop on CBCS.
Post 22 IP   flag post
Collector MarvelousComics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marximus

I concur. I had an opinion on another post that the graders should be assigned numbers so that if something like this happened you could track it back to graded it. NOT the name of the grader, but an accountability of who put their hands on it.

My idea was shot down there as it will be here, but maybe a few of you could see the value in it.
Post 23 IP   flag post
Collector KingNampa private msg quote post Address this user
My guess is CBCS graded that book by looking at a scan of it and not the actual book to save time and meet their new TAT deadline.
Post 24 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountie73
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marximus

I concur. I had an opinion on another post that the graders should be assigned numbers so that if something like this happened you could track it back to graded it. NOT the name of the grader, but an accountability of who put their hands on it.

My idea was shot down there as it will be here, but maybe a few of you could see the value in it.

I would hope internally they know who worked on it i.e. serial #'s processed per day - staff working on those days - bingo!! staff who gave it the grade.

Can for sure see why they would not want any identifiers externally - things can get pretty heated on the sites and some of these comic nerds could possibly go next level in the real world
Post 25 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
I can see where a numbered system might help narrow down who is accountable. But there are drawbacks as well.

Hypothetically situation.
Say you are assiged designation 1. You always do excellent work. You have me, designation 2, I'm barely competent and lazy.

If I know you had the book, i can assume you do your due diligence and my butt can slack off and copy your grade.

If the graders are unknown, I have to try my hardest everytime because I cant copy off your work.

That's just one of many possible examples.

In this specific situation, the problem is not just 1 person. From my understanding its 3 graders and a finisher and quality control. That's 5 folks that had their paws on that book.

Knowing specifically who dropped the ball only partially addresses the issue. since it was a bunch of folks. You cant fire all those folks. My thoughts would be that it was a team screwup and it requires a group collaboration on how to never let that happen in the future.

Mind you, I've never been in management, but from my experience as a worker bee, the guy getting singled out is not always at fault...
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector comic_book_man private msg quote post Address this user
@KatKomics Well if their grading management is anything like their billing and customer service...its inefficient and deflecting. Hence this post, and hence their lack of ownership of it.

Other than the two Steves and the forum moderators, I think CBCS is an inexperienced skeleton crew in all departments once Beckett stepped in.

I dont want to believe this, but the world is telling me otherwise.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector Enelson private msg quote post Address this user
Oh FFS, just when things were getting better too...I cant wait for how many jabroni on ebay are going to ask for the "CBCS discount" now...its going to be everyone
Post 28 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
What would really be funny is if it is a piece of shit modern and CBCS graded it correctly the first time.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector bige31 private msg quote post Address this user
@DrWatson that’s what I’m hoping. I know I got a Batman new 52 #1 signed and graded and I thought it was a higher mid grade like a 6.5 7 and it came back a 4 I was so upset till I saw it and I was like well yeah that makes sense.
Post 30 IP   flag post
601461 116 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?