Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedQuestions

I have a question about grading9295

Collector Robg private msg quote post Address this user
I’m new to comic book grading.i had a fantastic four #5 recently graded before it was graded it said fmv was $2000 now that it is graded it says $950 does getting another one graded effect the value of all
Post 1 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
where are you seeing this FMV information?
Post 2 IP   flag post
Gocollect.com
Post 3 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
what's the grade?
Post 4 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
gocollect

1.8/2.0 = $2.05k
.05 = $950
Post 5 IP   flag post
.5 but before I sent it off the guy with cbcs at a convention looked it up on the same site and it was $2000 for a .5
Post 6 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robg
.5 but before I sent it off the guy with cbcs at a convention looked it up on the same site and it was $2000 for a .5

oh!. hmmm...I dont think getting one graded and adding to the census would change the value that dramatically. is it possible he just made a mistake?
Post 7 IP   flag post
Nope the guy there showed me his self
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
@Robg Quote:
Originally Posted by Robg
Nope the guy there showed me his self

I'd have reported him to authorities for indecent exposure!
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector danzies private msg quote post Address this user
gocollect has always been off on prices for me. I usually just check ebay recently bought.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector NightRelic private msg quote post Address this user
Go Collect tracks CGC and CBCS sales, so the prices there will be based on those sales only. Seems to me the prices could be negatively affected by a low sale of low on a comic book, particularly if their average is taken from a small sample.For example, if only 3 FF #5's in 0.5 condition have sold and the average is $2000. One selling at $500 would make the price drop considerably.I think just viewing all comics sold on eBay in similar condition would be a better gauge of value.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Lmao GanaSoth]@Robg ]Nope the guy there showed me his self
I'd have reported him to authorities for indecent exposur!
Post 12 IP   flag post
Thanks everyone
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
@Robg A mistake must have been made or you were shown the wrong line. In a .5 the highest that book had sold for was $1350. Every other sale of thst book was lower than that. So it could never have been $2000 in a .5
Maybe someone felt it would grade at a 1.8 to 2.0 which has a FMV of $2000. However the book may have actually been in worse condition upon a closer look. Could this be a possibility?
Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
GPA shows a .5 @ 1324 for an incomplete copy that sold June 2019...the last .5 sold sept 2018 was 825

GPA shows sales of that book to year 2013 and the highest established sale price was that 825 recently however.....

It is strikingly interesting that at 1.00 the market shows a sale of 2050 for May this year...which strongly implies that whoever told you the FMV was looking at the book as if it were a 1.0 rather than a .5
Post 15 IP   flag post
So I know a few of you all thought I made a mistake on the grading value but I check it out every few weeks and this is what the value is on go collect
Post 16 IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
@Robg nice
Post 17 IP   flag post
598062 17 17
This topic is archived. Start new topic?