Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector Torr102 private msg quote post Address this user
I just looked at a grade of a book that I sent to cbcs with no pressing it was a 5.5. I looked at the notes and this is what it said.

Notes:
spine stress breaks color
many bends & indents front & back cover & moisture waves through book
few tiny stains back cover

I’m new to grading and don’t know anything about pressing and I was wondering would a press and clean have improved the grade by a lot? Also what does Off-White/White mean? Is that good or bad.
Post 1 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
How about scans of the book prior to submission.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Sorry I don’t have scans of the book.
Post 3 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
"improved the grade by a lot?" is relative but a press and clean would certainly improve or eliminate:

Notes:
many bends & indents front & back cover & moisture waves through book
few tiny stains back cover

It's probably a safe bet that a press and clean would improve your 5.5 grade.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Off-White/White is referring to the page colour - and is good!!

likely the bends, indents and moisture waves could be removed and would help the grade a lot.

Really depends on the colour breaking spine stress and the stains to see if a bump in grade could happen - water stains, rust etc really hit a book hard.
Post 5 IP   flag post
I guess the next I send books in I’ll get them pressed and cleaned. Thanks for the responds guys. I’m new to all this lol
Post 6 IP   flag post
Btw they shipped my books and should be delivered by Friday and that’s exactly 7 weeks lol so much for 6 weeks.
Post 7 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
The bends, waves and moisture waves could be improved. Stains limit the book to the range of 4.5-5.5.
Post 8 IP   flag post
CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torr102
Btw they shipped my books and should be delivered by Friday and that’s exactly 7 weeks lol so much for 6 weeks.

Your order shipped six weeks and two days after it was received by us.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torr102
I guess the next I send books in I’ll get them pressed and cleaned. Thanks for the responds guys. I’m new to all this lol

Automatically choosing to clean and press all books in a submissions isn't necessarily the answer either. You could do yourself a TREMENDOUS favor by buying an Overstreet Grading Guide, currently on its 3rd edition. Buying comics that are already slabbed is a good way to compare and learn, though the defects for mid-level grades can be wide ranging and tricky to quantify.

Personally, I found learning to grade a lot of fun, and I'm sure I saved a bundle by not buying over graded books. I'm not saying I'm a pro, but I do think I know what I'm doing.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
The bends, waves and moisture waves could be improved. Stains limit the book to the range of 4.5-5.5.

I think the answer to the OP is “no” unless you consider a 6.0 grade “a lot”. I’d say the odds are it will stay the same and it’s possible you might even be hit with a grade reduction. So enjoy way you got unless you can’t enjoy it and need to
Know.
Post 11 IP   flag post
601271 11 11
This topic is archived. Start new topic?