Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Low grade prices for Silver Surfer 3?9265

Collector moodswing private msg quote post Address this user
Looking to pick up a low grade slabbed copy of Silver Surfer 3 and I am having an issue coming up with a how much I want to spend on the issue. I looked up the comic on gocollect and a 4.0 is listed at $150. I hit up feebay and the cheapest graded copy at a 4.0 is listed for $275. That is a huge difference. I would think this comic isn't overly popular right now. I don't see Mephisto entering the MCU anytime in the near future. Disney might have a problem incorporating the Devil into the universe. Anyone got a better FMV for a low grade copy?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Silver surfer is hot right now....it might be that plus this being a key book.

A 4.0 recently sold for $225 on eBay plus shipping...but otherwise 3s we’re going for less than $150. So I think gocollect might be averaging sales that don’t Give enough weight to recent sales.

I looked on my comic shop and COMICLINK....that book in that grade seems a bit scarce at the moment.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
Speculation is hilarious. 1st appearances is all that matters, sometimes.
If they can present Mephisto in a similar way they presented Surtur in Ragnarok, it could work.
Post 3 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by moodswing
Looking to pick up a low grade slabbed copy of Silver Surfer 3 and I am having an issue coming up with a how much I want to spend on the issue. I looked up the comic on gocollect and a 4.0 is listed at $150. I hit up feebay and the cheapest graded copy at a 4.0 is listed for $275. That is a huge difference. I would think this comic isn't overly popular right now. I don't see Mephisto entering the MCU anytime in the near future. Disney might have a problem incorporating the Devil into the universe. Anyone got a better FMV for a low grade copy?

Here lately Hollywood actors have been giving thanks to Satan for their awards. Maybe the Big D could possibly have his big screen debut in the MCU.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by moodswing

How about right down the center?
Post 5 IP   flag post
SpongeBob Comics #1 sells for $991! Joosh private msg quote post Address this user
I picked up a raw 4.0-4.5 at a local con (Great Lakes Comic Con)for $130, because of the issue described by the op. It was the only SS3 I saw at the con and it was what I was looking for.

I still want a SS1 and 4
Post 6 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
I paid around $250+/- for a raw VF- copy a few months back. $275 seems like a lot for a 4.0, but as others have said, early Surfer appearances are hot right now for whatever speculatory reasons are out there.
Post 7 IP   flag post
600689 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?