CBCS Comics
The CBCS forum community is now closed to new posts and replies. The forum will remain available in read-only mode for the time being. Thank you to all who contributed over the years.
Art Original ArtworkComics Copper AgeSignatures

New Maxx Appreciation Thread925

Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalPSI
@Iceman399 :P The wait is killing me

@Towmater Ah, I don't expect the comic community to ooh and ahh over every comic, the majority of the community does only care about Gold/Silver era comics though. I suppose that's just the generation at the moment. It will take a number of years before modern books are more appreciated, if they ever are.

Books that I like, from the beginning of Image, to Darkhorse, won't ever be all that collectable for the simple fact of numbers. There was just a over publication in that era of collecting.

All I can do is hope everyone else threw their issues out lol


I like some of the Image Books. I liked what Valentino did with ShadowHawk. Kieth's idea for the Maxx and where it all took place was very original.
Post 26 • IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalPSI
@DarthLego So? Who are you?

Wow dude, you just got done saying how everyone only cares about golden and silver age and there's no love for moderns. Take it down a notch, there's no need for confrontation here.
Post 27 • IP   flag post
Collector MetalPSI private msg quote post Address this user
@DarthLego I don't like you
Post 28 • IP   flag post
Collector MetalPSI private msg quote post Address this user
@Towmater Shadowhawk is a completely underrated book in my opinion. Not just because of the cool covers. It was a really well drawn and written.
Post 29 • IP   flag post
Collector MetalPSI private msg quote post Address this user
@MR_SigS I was a bit late in getting into Kieth, first noticed him in his Maxx series, and to be honest, I didn't like the art. It was way out there, compared to the other artists I was into at the time, like Jim Lee, Andy and Adam Kubert.

As I matured and really got into the Maxx storyline is when I really started to appreciate the nuances and flow he presented. Then I was hooked after picking up Aliens Earth War. I stumbled on that in the late 90's as I was getting out of collecting, so they were difficult to get my hands on, along with all the other late 80's early 90's Dark Horse.
Post 30 • IP   flag post


Collector MetalPSI private msg quote post Address this user
As for Dale Keown, his Pitt series is just awesome. I managed to pick up most of the missing issues the other week.

Didn't realize the Full Bleed Studio's had such a limited print run
Post 31 • IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalPSI
As for Dale Keown, his Pitt series is just awesome. I managed to pick up most of the missing issues the other week.


When I first opened Hulk #367 I was floored. The thinning grey Hulk almost looked like something Wrightson would draw. And it was a welcome change to the Jeff Purves run, which was very hit or miss for me.
Post 32 • IP   flag post
Collector Despain private msg quote post Address this user
@MetalPSI Were you about to snag copies of 14b and 20? They seem to be a bit more pricey than the other issues.
Post 33 • IP   flag post
-Our Odin-
Rest in Peace
Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
I saw this Maxx poster and couldn't help but wonder if you have it. This my first time seeing it and it looks incredible!!


Post 34 • IP   flag post
Collector MetalPSI private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Despain
@MetalPSI Were you about to snag copies of 14b and 20? They seem to be a bit more pricey than the other issues.


I picked up 20 in pretty NM condition for around $15

I didn't know there was a variant of 14 Pic?
Post 35 • IP   flag post
Collector MetalPSI private msg quote post Address this user
@Jesse_O I think that is a variant cover for the IDW reprint of the series
Post 36 • IP   flag post
Collector Despain private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalPSI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Despain
@MetalPSI Were you about to snag copies of 14b and 20? They seem to be a bit more pricey than the other issues.


I picked up 20 in pretty NM condition for around $15

I didn't know there was a variant of 14 Pic?


14b is this one:
Post 37 • IP   flag post
-Our Odin-
Rest in Peace
Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalPSI
@Jesse_O I think that is a variant cover for the IDW reprint of the series


It took me a bit to find it, but the seller lists it as an 11x17 promo poster for Image.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/191891136653?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
Post 38 • IP   flag post
Collector MetalPSI private msg quote post Address this user
Bump
Post 39 • IP   flag post
Collector MetalPSI private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalPSI
@Jesse_O I think that is a variant cover for the IDW reprint of the series


It took me a bit to find it, but the seller lists it as an 11x17 promo poster for Image.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/191891136653?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT


I'm sure I've seen it on Sam's blog. Not 100% sure what it is. Print of some kind. I'm in doubt its a promo poster
Post 40 • IP   flag post
Collector MetalPSI private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Despain
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalPSI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Despain
@MetalPSI Were you about to snag copies of 14b and 20? They seem to be a bit more pricey than the other issues.


I picked up 20 in pretty NM condition for around $15

I didn't know there was a variant of 14 Pic?


14b is this one:


Sweet. I am missing issues 3 13, 14, 15 and 18.

Love to get all the variants. The only one I have is the red #3 ashcan
Post 41 • IP   flag post
Collector MetalPSI private msg quote post Address this user
Found this on my doorstep this morning. Very nice surprise
Post 42 • IP   flag post
Collector Themaxx35 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalPSI
Found this on my doorstep this morning. Very nice surprise
Is that the blue foil variant?
Post 43 • IP   flag post
Collector MetalPSI private msg quote post Address this user
Yes, I cracked it and got it signed
Post 44 • IP   flag post
Collector MetalPSI private msg quote post Address this user
Perhaps one day I will crack my red and have it signed as well, but who knows
Post 45 • IP   flag post
Collector MetalPSI private msg quote post Address this user



Really loving this one. And a question I must learn to ask myself from time to time
Post 46 • IP   flag post
Collector Iceman399 private msg quote post Address this user
Nice Blue good sir. Way to cause a ruckus elsewhere.
Post 47 • IP   flag post
Collector MetalPSI private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks bud. My ruckus days are over, good for them
Post 48 • IP   flag post
Collector MetalPSI private msg quote post Address this user
So, half my Boston submission showed up today...


Post 49 • IP   flag post
Collector MetalPSI private msg quote post Address this user







Post 50 • IP   flag post
Collector Themaxx35 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalPSI
So, half my Boston submission showed up today...




What other issues did you submit? I am kicking myself that I didn't submit my issue 2 along with my 1/2 and 1.
Post 51 • IP   flag post
Collector MetalPSI private msg quote post Address this user

















Post 52 • IP   flag post
Collector MetalPSI private msg quote post Address this user
I submitted a full 1-35 run of The Maxx, along with MCP 85-92 (First Cyber) and some books I got signed for Larsen.

Some photo's are over the limit here for some reason.
Post 53 • IP   flag post
Collector MetalPSI private msg quote post Address this user

Post 54 • IP   flag post
Collector Themaxx35 private msg quote post Address this user
I don't even want to calculate what that must have cost, but I admit I am jealous. I don't think Sam Keith will be doing a signing again soon.
Post 55 • IP   flag post
657131 109 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?