Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Art Original ArtworkFor Sale

ComicConnect Ends Monday - Color Guides: ASM 423, 425, Thor 23 (Thanos)9242

Collector Sharkey private msg quote post Address this user
These nice color guides are currently for sale in the ComicConnect Auction. Thanks for checking them out!

Amazing Spider-Man 423 (Spidey vs Electro): https://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=829378

This complete issue color guide by Bob Sharen (coloring pages by Joe Bennett) features our favorite Web-Head battling it out against one of his most dangerous foes, the newly restored Electro, who feels he has the power of a god! This issue sees a Morbius-weakened Spidey defeated and begging for his life from the electrified bad guy after some intense fighting! Also feared prominently are The Rose, Madame Qwa, and Meiko the Dragonfly. Bob Sharen's colors are absolutely stunning as every panel pops off the page!

Amazing Spider-Man 425 (Double sized issue! Spidey vs Electro): https://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=829372

This complete double-sized issue color guide by Bob Sharen (coloring pages by Steve Skroce) has twice the action and thrills and is so full of awesome action pages, we can hardly contain ourselves! Featuring Spider-Man teamed up with Nate Grey the X-Man, it is a battle-fest as the two take on the recently super-juiced Electro in a battle to the finish! Also featuring the Rose, Delilah, and the first appearance of Master Zei. Here's a great example of a modern color guide that has electrifying imagery that jumps off the page!

Thor 23 (Thanos and Mangog story arc):
https://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=829381

John Romita Jr.'s run on Thor includes some of the most memorable Thor stories in recently memory, and this one is from the highly regarded story arc featuring Thanos and Mangog. This near complete issue (missing page 8) features Gregory Wright's coloring as Thor and Firelord try to catch up to Thanos and Mangog, who are storming across the galaxy terrorizing planets. This issue includes the first appearance of the Millenium Monarch planet as well as the Guardian of the Millenium Monarch, as well as appearances by Rigellian Recorder, Orikal, and Odin himself! Of course, Thanos and Mangog are in there too. Face front, True Believers!
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Biorobot private msg quote post Address this user
Those are so very cool, my wife would kill me, be very cool
Post 2 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biorobot
Those are so very cool, my wife would kill me, be very cool

Thank you! At least they are cheaper than original art!
Post 3 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
The first batch does not end until Monday but somehow my wallet is already crying out in pain.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Just a little bump - auctions end tonight, Monday June 10!
Post 5 IP   flag post
597898 5 5
This topic is archived. Start new topic?