Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Niagarafalls Comicon..live updates!9241

Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
10 minutes from work...have my lanyard for the Perez dinner , have a Redskull comic cover being done for me from Allen Bellman and picked up a ticket and time to get a Bruce Campbell autograph. Trying to keep spending at a minimum this time around as a family vacation is 4 weeks away!!
Post 1 IP   flag post
Oooo...Rubinstein is $100 for a head sketch...might have him do a Thanos for my kid tomorrow in his book. I know my son will usually get a lego character from frpm Greg Hyland too but at least those are only $40ish
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector etapi65 private msg quote post Address this user
Nice, I bet your Bellman is the one he was finishing up when I talked to him a couple weeks (a week?) ago.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by etapi65
Nice, I bet your Bellman is the one he was finishing up when I talked to him a couple weeks (a week?) ago.
no!!! He is starting a new one!!!
Post 4 IP   flag post
Nothing earth shattering but picked up the 4 part mini tales of the new teen titans and an Alpha Flight #1
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector Paulbg2000 private msg quote post Address this user
Hope you're enjoying the show. The rest of us had to wait until today for Perez and Starlin...I imagine the lines will be long.

Highlight of the show for me so far was Lance Henriksen....just look at this signature he did for me. He even sat and thought about how and where to sign it to make it look good and dug around looking for a fine marker.

Billy Dee looks like what I imagine Stan Lee was in his later days. His Manager is relentless and rude saw a whole argument go down between him and ownership over not giving free autographs to the guy that paid $2000 for the one photo and signature of everyone package and then went after the guy when he tried to take a photo of Billy...and Billy is just mindlessly signing whatever is put in front of him. If you want an 8x10 it costs more than bringing your own item. Last time we saw him a few years ago, he didn't even realize he was in Canada.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Sweet lord....Bruce Campbell line was insane even with assigned times...just sold my time slot ticket for cover price....no way was i going to wait....too old for this!!!. Did jump in Perez line and have sketch for my kid by Rubenstein to pick up tomorrow
Post 7 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
How bad is the George Perez line?
Post 8 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos
no more time slot tickets available for today. I had 11 to 1130 slot was in line at 11 and took till about 1135
Post 9 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos
no more time slot tickets available for today. I had 11 to 1130 slot was in line at 11 and took till about 1135

You did well, I spent 4 1/2 hours in line on day one of East Coast and about an hour on each of the other two days.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Quote:
Sweet lord....Bruce Campbell line was insane even with assigned times...just sold my time slot ticket for cover price....no way was i going to wait....too old for this!!!. Did jump in Perez line and have sketch for my kid by Rubenstein to pick up tomorrow
I stuck it out and got in first block. It was rough man, so compact, smelly folks and he was 20 minutes late, this year was probably the worst for lines. I
was in first block and got out at the start of the next window and they hadn't even done half the line.

Post 11 IP   flag post
Man oh man...don't wanna go back tomorrow but I need to to drop off books and get my sons sketchbook back with the Rubenstien sketch!!

Will have to take a photo before submitting but I was able to get an Allen Bellman Red Skull sketch cover - realllly nice!!
Post 12 IP   flag post
What was the deal with many of the books on display??

GoCollect or ebay for instance have the foil cover of Detective 880 as $130 to $150 in 9.8 but I saw multiple copies trying to be sold at $300!!! crazy!!!

I have 2 at 9.8 that I need to try and sell..just lazy and haven't posted them.

Saw a Flash 135 (first yellow costume for kid flash) in 3.5 at best asking $90 raw for what is really a $50 book!.
I mean it looked like a 7 except it was missing a chunk from the bottom right of the cover.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Pricing was out of whack all over the place. I bought a few $50 range wall books and had to haggle on every single one down to marketish value. I found that people who didn't have store fronts were more willing to make deals. Sunday afternoon was the best time to haggle as the clock is ticking for them to move stuff.

I was looking for a Vengeance of Bane and the only one I saw had color breaking spine dents and a number 68 drawn into the blackest part of the cover (which isn't coming out of black) and a $100 price tag. They told me the number indent would press right out...I asked them why they didn't do that then to make it look more like a $100 book. That was sort of the end of the conversation.

I did get a New Mutants Annual 2 for $20 and a Marvel Super Heroes Winter Special for $70...Those were probably the best deals I scored on books.
Post 14 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR Wolverine private msg quote post Address this user
Yeah some of the prices were nuts and others were crazy good. Where they placed Perez, Rubinstein and Starlin was horrible. Cause such a bad bottleneck at that corner.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Quote:
What was the deal with many of the books on display??

GoCollect or ebay for instance have the foil cover of Detective 880 as $130 to $150 in 9.8 but I saw multiple copies trying to be sold at $300!!! crazy!!!

I have 2 at 9.8 that I need to try and sell..just lazy and haven't posted them.

Saw a Flash 135 (first yellow costume for kid flash) in 3.5 at best asking $90 raw for what is really a $50 book!.
I mean it looked like a 7 except it was missing a chunk from the bottom right of the cover.

I found the prices to be high at the Toronto Fan Expo last year and the year before.

Since Boston and Toronto seem to have identical guest lists I might do the Montreal Comic Con instead this year unless Toronto adds more artists.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Prices are always high at FaNExpo Toronto
Post 17 IP   flag post
Wow. Just looked at Montreal. That’s a pretty weak guest list
Post 18 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolverine
Wow. Just looked at Montreal. That’s a pretty weak guest list

I am mostly looking to get Jim Shooter.
Post 19 IP   flag post
@drchaos Looks like Shooter will be in Hamilton, Ontario in October - no others announced so far just a few wrestlers!!
Post 20 IP   flag post
Captain Accident the420bandito private msg quote post Address this user
Funny all the posts about endless lines. Pretty much defines comic shows now.

"You going to Comic-con"

"Yeah"

"Which line are you getting in?"

ugghhh
Post 21 IP   flag post
Quote:
@drchaos Looks like Shooter will be in Hamilton, Ontario in October - no others announced so far just a few wrestlers!!

I think that might be stale advertising from last year, he signed a bunch of my books at Hamilton Comic Con and was there with Keown, Templesmith and a few others.
Post 22 IP   flag post
600736 22 22
This topic is archived. Start new topic?