Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
For Sale

New Online Price Checking Guide - Drek Check9208

Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Ok, I haven't done a ton of research on this yet, but here is a site that I just learned of. You can check actual sales prices on CBCS, CGC and PGX slabs here!! You can do them by grade, price range, all companies together or one company at a time. They also say there is an original art guide by artist, but I haven't checked it out yet. And it's free!!!! At least, right now it is.

Drek Check
Post 1 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
I didn't see a place to "sign up", did you?
Post 2 IP   flag post
No, but I don't think you need to. It says that there is no app to download on the home page. Just bookmark the search function if you want.

And I checked out the OA function - BRILLIANT!!! It has room for improvement, but it is a great first step!!!
Post 3 IP   flag post
Weird, I searched for ‎Ultimate Fallout #4... nothing. I tried just Ultimate Fallout, ...No Records Found!
Post 4 IP   flag post
@OGJackster I just tried it and it worked for me. I clicked on their popup of Ultimate Fallout and added 4. It may be case sensitive.

Post 5 IP   flag post
Nope, ...weird.

Post 6 IP   flag post
@OGJackster I just shared that with one of the guys involved. He has been replying on the CBCS Comic Collectors Club on Facebook. I'm hoping he might join up here. Otherwise, you can check the convo there or I'll pass on what he says.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector Paulbg2000 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by OGJackster
Nope, ...weird.

Worked for me...

Post 8 IP   flag post
I don't think it likes me.

Post 9 IP   flag post
Something is going on. I searched for Batman 227 a few minutes ago and it worked. Just tried again for Batman 227...nothing. I'll just try later.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Hummm, sorta works now LOL!
Post 11 IP   flag post
I’m not an ant. I’m a rootin tootin Hornet! Zombie_Head private msg quote post Address this user
Yea not very good for example Batman adventures 12 9.6 it pulls up the convention and all others adds them in to the price. So one sold for $1300 and the convention sold for $150 it will have the wrong stat for the book. It needs a lot more work. The average will be off because of that.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector KYoung_1974 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by OGJackster
Nope, ...weird.

You were on the "Restored" Tab. Try it with "All Labels" tab
Post 13 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
So far every title and issue I've entered comes back!!
Post 14 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
It seems to be months behind sales-wise for some of the books I searched for. For example, I searched for some ComicLink purchases that I personally made in the last couple of months but they do not appear even though I had it configured to include ComicLink.

Also, the images of the comics are "squashed" on my Android.

Post 15 IP   flag post
Collector AnkurJ private msg quote post Address this user
You can remove any auctions that don’t match and re-analyze their search. It will also update the average.
Post 16 IP   flag post
I've noticed that if you search for an artist in the OA guide, it's better to use just the last name. I searched for Tim Bradstreet (and Tim +Bradstreet) and got all the Tim's. This isn't a horrible flaw, but when you search someone like Neal Adams under "Adams", you'll get Arthur and a few others along with Neal.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Collector AnkurJ private msg quote post Address this user
The art portion is still being worked on. The comics is the big focus first. As of now comiclink auction sales will show but not exchange sales.
Post 18 IP   flag post
I’m not an ant. I’m a rootin tootin Hornet! Zombie_Head private msg quote post Address this user
It’s just easier to go to ebay sold items than use this. Just my opinion.
Post 19 IP   flag post
Collector Doc_Cop private msg quote post Address this user
Since it is called Dreck Check, maybe it only works on crappy books! Nuff said...
Post 20 IP   flag post
Collector Helric1 private msg quote post Address this user
This is worthwhile for the Comiclink results since I hear they are not reported to GPA.
Post 21 IP   flag post
598095 21 21
This topic is archived. Start new topic?