Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Silver Age

Beware, book has color touch on Ebay9181

I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
I returned this book because it has color touch, not disclosed. Just found out seller relished it and still not disclosing the color touch. Hopefully nobody here is bidding on it

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Drahcir private msg quote post Address this user
appreciate the heads up
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector gmellos private msg quote post Address this user
I think I say that when you bought it. Almost jumped on it but i was broke
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Noblebeast315 private msg quote post Address this user
Who is the seller?
Post 4 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
@Noblebeast315 oops, I thought I put the picture in, I was trying to hurry because it was closing soon
Post 5 IP   flag post
@gmellos good thing you didn't
Post 6 IP   flag post
Captain Corrector CaptainCanuck private msg quote post Address this user
@Batman66

Thanks for the heads up. What a douche.
Post 7 IP   flag post
It's funny, when I told him about the color touch, his compensation was to have me buy another book off him for half price. I think he is hurting financially. I think he's auctioning off the book to refund my money. I haven't been reimbursed yet. He has until Monday before Ebay steps in.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
And that is why I don’t buy expensive comics on ebay unless graded by cgc/cbcs. Same goes for buying at a shop I don’t frequent. Too much risk, rather not deal with the hassle and stress about it as I’m not an expert at detecting such things other than a black/uv light.
Post 9 IP   flag post
@Drogio

I’m going to look at some silver age tomorrow. Seller says not sure if any of them have resto. Is the black/UV light a reliable method for detection?
Post 10 IP   flag post
@Batman66

Where was the resto?
Post 11 IP   flag post

Post 12 IP   flag post
Strategically positioned interior pic from the listing

Post 13 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
Yep that is a bleed thru color touch cover
Post 14 IP   flag post
So you can see it's the same book by the chunk missing off the back cover th
e
Post 15 IP   flag post
@CaptainCanuck yes strategically positioned
Post 16 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user

Post 17 IP   flag post
Collector oakcitycomics private msg quote post Address this user
Apparently this guy is a know scammer. Someone said on the CGC forum that he use to go by another name before this one is a recommended block list seller/buyer
Post 18 IP   flag post
Collector gmellos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman66
It's funny, when I told him about the color touch, his compensation was to have me buy another book off him for half price. I think he is hurting financially. I think he's auctioning off the book to refund my money. I haven't been reimbursed yet. He has until Monday before Ebay steps in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman66

You won’t be! Make sure Ebay gets involved! I got screwed unknowingly by scammers who passed off restored comics as unrestored back in 2004! I recently knowingly bought 2 restored books but that was disclosed so i made the choice to buy restored comics! This is wrong!
Post 19 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
I just love the E bay sellers who have been selling comics for years but state they don't know how to grade. Turn it up !!!
Now if a seller has been selling bric brack and odds and ends for years and suddenly acquired a box of comics. Then I could believe they don't know how to grade and state that.
Post 20 IP   flag post
600882 20 20
This topic is archived. Start new topic?