Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedComics Modern Age

PSA - CBCS now encapsulating Glass and Metal covers9167

Collector donho private msg quote post Address this user
makes sense. just trying to imagine how, hmmm , oh I know, I will google Mongolian metal bands today, thats the ticket.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
@donho LOL!!!! I found one other called "Hurd". But their songs sound like 80's ballads. Like something you'd hear Poison or GNR play. It sounds cool, but without understanding the words, it's just too mediocre for me. At least the songs I've heard so far. There's just something about the heavy metal sound that kind of transcends langauges. Rammstein is a good example of that also.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector donho private msg quote post Address this user
then I clicked on heilung which is a neat sound also, they play on bones, literaly, and rammstein is fantastic too, ever since the matrix soundtrack got me into them.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
What's the lure of these things? They don't seem to be anything that will gain in value over the years. Am I wrong???
Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector etapi65 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by OGJackster
What's the lure of these things? They don't seem to be anything that will gain in value over the years. Am I wrong???

This could be true for any variant. Metal covers tend to be extremely limited in print run. It seems they tend to fall in the 10-20 total printed range. So, they're hyper-rare variant covers (unless it's done by Adams, in which case there are likely hundreds of them...and I have his Batman #50 metal, just saying...probably not rare like the others). Do variants gain in value over time? If so, then so should metal and glass covers.
Post 30 IP   flag post

Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
Meh. Okay. I just don't see it. Different media types, not a comic book or original art. I think it is better to be categorized as a print/litho/poster item. Oh well, just not my cup of tea
Post 31 IP   flag post
Collector etapi65 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by OGJackster
Meh. Okay. I just don't see it. Different media types, not a comic book or original art. I think it is better to be categorized as a print/litho/poster item. Oh well, just not my cup of tea

Certainly is a novelty, and certainly could be worth nothing. Not to mention, long term how do these hold up? Do they oxidize? Is the aluminum treated with something that could outgas to the pages? And, the metal is essentially glued to a front page. Could the glue give out? In the meantime, it's a rare variant.
Post 32 IP   flag post
600736 32 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?