Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Questions

Digital copy stickers9156

Collector televiper75 private msg quote post Address this user
Does the removal of the sticker over the download code for books count as a defect?

I haven't seen it in DC books recently but every month Marvel has the free digital version that you can obtain by removing a cover sticker and using the code.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Yes...would count as defect...same as removing tatoos or coupons
Post 2 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
https://forum.cbcscomics.com/topic/619/page/1/marvel-digital-stickers-and-cbcs-grade/
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector oakcitycomics private msg quote post Address this user
@televiper75 Does DC no longer offer the free digital code? I'm be hind on my back log so I'm about 6 months back from being caught up
Post 4 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
I have a new DC book in my hands (Batman and Outsiders) - no digital code.
I wonder what the redemption rates were?? probably a fraction of a % so they figured they could stop using them and save some $$ on the printing process!
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector televiper75 private msg quote post Address this user
@oakcitycomics - No, I haven't seen any in DC books for several months.
Post 6 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
At CGC, the grade does not suffer from a removed digital code insert. It will, however, state "DIGITAL CODE REMOVED" on label under title.

At CBCS, the grade seems to be as high as a 9.6 with "DIGITAL CODE REMOVED" on label.

Marvel Comics have them from 2012-Present on the 6th to last wrap. DC Comics have them randomly on Annuals, reprints, and one-shots on the final last page. DC Digital codes are thicker, and suck.

There are methods of reattaching digital code sticker backing but that involves technique that I am not allowed to discuss here.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector Lonestar private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
There are methods of reattaching digital code sticker backing but that involves technique that I am not allowed to discuss here.

I would think that reattaching a digital code sticker backing would be considered restoration. And if you are not allowed to discuss it here, others must think so too.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
I have a new DC book in my hands (Batman and Outsiders) - no digital code.
I wonder what the redemption rates were?? probably a fraction of a % so they figured they could stop using them and save some $$ on the printing process!
Actually I get the feeling DC removed the digital codes to create a further incentive to invest in the DC universe service..as it offers 20,000 comics to read online with the click of a button....just my guess
Post 9 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar
And if you are not allowed to discuss it here, others must think so too.

No I'm not allowed to discuss it here because it's against the forum rules. No, it's not restoration.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:

No I'm not allowed to discuss it here because it's against the forum rules. No, it's not restoration.

Is it conservation?
Post 11 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
I'll bet 1$ its gotta do with pressing...

=)
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector Lonestar private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:

If you don't think it's restoration, then you would call it...………..what?
Post 13 IP   flag post
Ima gonna steal this and look for some occasion to use it! IronMan private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

If you don't think it's restoration, then you would call it...………..what?

IDK about forum rules, so here goes. Mods can delete if they want. Below is rather obvious answers.

The digital stickers have an adhesive backing. Depending on how removed, if there is enough tacky backing (and you still have the sticker) you can just press it back in place. If the adhesive backing is too weak to stick, then to reattach one would need to "help". A glue stick comes to mind. Just a dab.

If any grading company is certain that the sticker has been removed and replaced - or it's not the original sticker - you risk a restored grade. I say risk. It's not at all certain. You can for instance remove and reinsert the staples and not get a restored grade. WHY someone would do such is really the question. Maybe you should just not, even though you can.

Put the sticker in the wrong spot you deserve a restored grade. Get the sticker back neatly where it belongs and one should be fine. Or leave it off. It's just noted on the label it's missing.

Pressing books with digital stickers requires some expertise and specific technique. Otherwise you end up with a very noticeable imprint on the cover. Unpressed a lot - maybe most - books with digital stickers have that imprint. So again - depending on how noticeable - might not affect the grade.
Post 14 IP   flag post
The adhesive comes off and is no longer sticky once removed.

But good guess/answer.
Post 15 IP   flag post
601342 15 15
This topic is archived. Start new topic?