Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern AgeMovies TelevisionPop CultureQuestions

In Extended Clip, Captain Marvel Is Revealed To Be A Villain9141

Joined The Club Steverogers11 private msg quote post Address this user
Gana you really could start your own blog. Besides there’s only one man she like. Rodey
Post 51 IP   flag post
Collector bige31 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
Quote:
Originally Posted by bige31
She had zero impact on the outcome

Like Indiana Jones and the entire plot to Raiders of the Lost Ark.

A perfect correlation.
Post 52 IP   flag post
Collector etapi65 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GanaSoth
@kaptainmyke your right Mike. Thanks for taking time to set us straight. (Most of us that have common sense will listen to your advice.) Yeah, I'm done with this thread. It's getting toxic.
Wow, if only someone who read that article early on could have seen this coming as the only potential outcome of what was shared and pointed it out...Oh, wait, I did that and was accused of stuff.
Post 53 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by southerncross
Quote:
Originally Posted by xkonk
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
Or would you rather just argue it over with a bunch of strangers you've never met on the Internet?

Is the internet for something else?

Yep sharing pics of comic books we own 😀

Oh yeah.
Post 54 IP   flag post

Post 55 IP   flag post

Just kidding!!
Post 56 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
That is a good cover as an argument, @MR_SigS
Post 57 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user

Post 58 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatCovers
That scene annoyed me, not because of any perception of a feminist agenda, but just because it seemed So. Damn. Pandering. Like the filmmakers were saying "Ladies! Ladies! Look here! We're empowering you!"

To be honest, this is how I see it as a whole (meaning the so-called agenda). I can't say for the tv commercials where any of you live, but in my region I'd say the majority of them depict the American Male being shown to be the buffoon, the butt of the joke, by his wife and/or kids and/or pets (yep- even the pets outrank).
You know how you can end every Fortune Cookie fortune with, "In Bed"? You can finish most American commercials with, "You Stupid Man."
Once at the bottom, it can be broken down even further into a sub-pecking order, but that's a different "equality = our turn" discussion best left un-discussed.

Quote:
Side note: How many frickin' times did Pepper Potts have to open her faceplate in that fight so we could all see it was her? I was starting to wonder if something was wrong with the suit's ventilation system and she had to open it up every minute or two to replenish her oxygen.

I see this only as a Star's ego. How many times does Spidey (the only MCU hero with anything resembling a "secret Identity" ) remove his mask in a fight? How often did he do that in the comics prior to the films?
I think that's the reason Hulk looked more Ruffalo-like; He was always Hulk, so they had to find a way to get his face in there.
Hayden Christensen should have dawned the Vader mask half-way through Star Wars: ROTS (apt), but NNnooooooooooooooooo!

Post 59 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
That scene annoyed me, not because of any perception of a feminist agenda, but just because it seemed So. Damn. Pandering. Like the filmmakers were saying "Ladies! Ladies! Look here! We're empowering you!"

It didn't feel so condescending to me, as you describe it. I don't think they were saying anything like, "We are empowering you."

The scene was - and I said this before - a bit on the nose. But really, it's just a kick-ass scene, showing just how large and diverse and vital are the contributions of all the powerful women in this battle. And it's not gratuitous, not superficial. Their individual contributions have been shown in many previous movies. This brief highlight - this statement, if you will - had been set in motion throughout most of the previous MCU movies.

This scene is just a reminder, an exclamation point, on equality.

Anyway, I thought it was pretty damn cool.
Post 60 IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
Follow Up !
Warning: Article written by a woman :Warning

Click or Touch her errr I mean here to read all about it.
Post 61 IP   flag post
Now I want apples and oranges lol

"What about when Peter Quill murdered a bunch of dudes mid-mission, just to get his Walkman back? Oh, right, I forgot that Walkmans are imbued with the power of nostalgia and thus far more valuable than the life or safety of a woman."

Ummm… Were the death certificates in the dvd Extra Features? Besides, the Walkman was given to him by the most important woman in his life. And did I miss which woman's life or safety was endangered by this? I hope it isn't Gamora. Wasn't she "The Most Dangerous Woman In The Galaxy"? Suddenly she's a damsel in distress? Didn't he sacrifice himself when she was in IMMEDIATE peril from exposure to space? Villainous!

Also, Strange refused to do surgery on a man. D*ck move. If it were a woman, bigger d*ck move.
Post 62 IP   flag post
598068 62 12
This topic is archived. Start new topic?