Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
For SaleQuestions

Real or just to thinking9136

It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Post 401 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

It's a fact!

But in today's mathematical comparisons, any answer is valid. Give the kid his scholarship.
Post 402 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
@GAC evidently you were editing your post while I was quoting. LOL
Post 403 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@Pre_Coder yeah sorry...I figured maybe I should let it rest. 🍻 Cheers!
Post 404 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
@Pre_Coder yeah sorry...I figured maybe I should let it rest. 🍻 Cheers!

Cheers, Bro!
Post 405 IP   flag post

Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GanaSoth
Evolutionists believe the opposite. This is why, IMO, both belief systems oppose one another and God didn't use evolution.

I think this is the wrongest thing you've said in this whole exchange. VaComicsGuy, said it yesterday: evolution is not opposed to god or religion or faith. Many people of both faith and science assume evolution is HOW god created every living thing. That evolution was the tool he used.

The strangest part of the creationist's dogma, in my opinion, is this stubborn belief that god had to create each and every species on Earth in one go. As if an all-powerful god isn't clever enough to set in motion a process that, over hundreds of millions of years, does the same thing but more elegantly.

Science and religion aren't opposed to each other. Science and willful ignorance are, though. And sometimes such ignorance comes in the form of a strong, ideological belief in the wrong thing. (Usually through misinterpretation, but there can be other sources, too.)

I think Darkseid was right, Ganasoth: there's no amount of evidence that could convince you that evolution is correct. Your faith in creationism is too strong. You WANT it to be strong - you LIKE it to be strong. Perhaps that's why, throughout this entire discussion, you kept asking for folks to provide you with proof? So you could demonstrate how strong your faith is? So you could practice straw-man arguments and rationalizing around every piece of evidence, and show off previously developed "counter arguments" that you and others like to use?

Yeah, that sounds right. You will never believe the scientific process has anything to offer you, I think. Fortunately for you, there are plenty of people out there who do believe in this process, and they are working diligently, even now, to improve your life.
Post 406 IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedsaid

I think this is the wrongest thing you've said in this whole exchange.

Thanks for saying my opinions is the "wrongest" thing I've said this entire thread. Clearly the Bible says all creation was made in six days, on the seventh day He rested.

The Hebrew word translated “rested” (in Genesis 2:2) - the definition of the Hebrew word shabat is “to cease or stop.”

All creation was ceased & stopped on the 7th day. It was complete.

So therefore, evolution, that takes millions of years, didn't happen.

Next, some will then say "well the Bible was written by man" and all that & how they didn't understand nature etc.... It was written by man; man was used as a tool to write it. If you still have doubts that there was divine intervention in writing the Bible, then I implore you to please watch the following video then do your own research on the valuable points given to you. The probability for these things happening in the original scriptures is millions to one on over hundreds and hundreds accounts or more. They didn't have a computer to write this in code, yet, it's there.

Don't just watch the first few minutes. Watch it all. It's mind boggling information!

Post 407 IP   flag post
Collector etapi65 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
@etapi65 Haha are you angry? It will be ok.
It will just take time to sink in.... you'll be alright. Take a deep breath.... relax.
I have no idea what you're talking about. I provided answers/responses to your comments. That's it. I suppose me asking you to use your ability for thought sounds angry? Nah, you're just using an ad hominem as a try at discounting my comments. Logical Fallacy in the future and run your answers/comments through this like a checklist. If it ticks off more than one, then you're probably not taking part in a discussion; you're just trolling.
Post 408 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user

What on God's green flat Earth is going on up in here for almost 20 years/pages?
Post 409 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Thanks for saying my opinions is the "wrongest" thing I've said this entire thread. Clearly the Bible says all creation was made in six days, on the seventh day He rested.

The Hebrew word for "day" also means "period of time." Clearly, in this case, it is talking about millions of years. A period when day is separated by night; a period when the waters and the Earth are divided; a period for the vegetation to appear; and so on.

Well. Let's accept as a premise that all of creation actually DID occur in a single week - let's say crazy did happen. If that's the case, then god certainly did it so that it LOOKED like it took millions of years.

Hell, he could have made everything yesterday. He could have given every one of us a false life and surroundings and memories that seem so real it feels like we've been alive for years. No way to tell. So if you want to believe it took six days, you can choose to believe that. But you should understand, all of our geological records and science and rules of deduction and logic point to a different conclusion. Either because that conclusion is correct, or it's because the clues were laid out for us by design, and god wanted us to be able to draw such a conclusion.

Now, why do you think god would have done that?
Post 410 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pre_Coder
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR_SigS
I'm surprised there aren't posted Rules of Conduct.

Oh it's coming! Corporate HR Managers are hitting facilities nationwide laying out the new guidelines. We had our meeting last year, and here is an example which has absolutely nothing to do with sex...

We are no longer aloud to COMPLIMENT others at the workplace

Wut??? (snip)

You don't have to say anything. Many years ago, they hired a young girl to work in the area where I work. She was cute. She spent more time talking to everyone than she did working. One day the HR rep comes and grabs everyone in the department except me and the supervisor. About 8 guys got marched to a meeting room to listen to the girl's sexual harassment complaint. One of the complaints was against a guy who rarely even talks at all. She didn't like the way he walked around to a doorway and looked at her from the edge of the door. She was unnerved by the fact he didn't say anything. Things some other guys said was fully inappropriate. The comments were more stupid than they were harassment.
After a couple of hours, the 8 guys leave the meeting room and come back to the area. One of the guys says to me "I don't know why you aren't in this meeting because you are the most vulgar person in the area." He was right. I am. I never said anything personally directed towards her and whenever we did talk, I made her laugh. She liked me.

It's not really what you say. It's your attitude and how you say it.

I'm often surprised that the women I think are most likely to complain to HR about me are the ones who end up liking me. They tell me dirty jokes and say inappropriate things to me.
Post 411 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedsaid

The Hebrew word for "day" also means "period of time."

The Hebrew word יום (yom, Strong's #3117) means a "day," not specifically a twenty-four hour period, but instead more generically like in "a day that something occurs." An example would be "a day of the month" (Genesis 8:4), "in that day Yahweh made a covenant" (Genesis 15:18) and "until the day" (Genesis 19:37). This word can also refer to the light part of the day in contrast to night (see Genesis 1:5 and Exodus 13:21)

The Hebrew word יומם (yomam, Strong's #3119) specifically means "daytime" as in Job 5:14. This word can be used for a time, age or season, but that is only when this word is in the plural form, which is ימים (yamim), and should simply be translated as "days" and not time, age or season, as this can lead to incorrect interpretations of the text.
Post 412 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by etapi65
Quote:
@etapi65 Haha are you angry? It will be ok.
It will just take time to sink in.... you'll be alright. Take a deep breath.... relax.
I have no idea what you're talking about. I provided answers/responses to your comments. That's it. I suppose me asking you to use your ability for thought sounds angry? Nah, you're just using an ad hominem as a try at discounting my comments. Logical Fallacy in the future and run your answers/comments through this like a checklist. If it ticks off more than one, then you're probably not taking part in a discussion; you're just trolling.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought he was replying to Pre_Coder.

EDIT: Oh, didn't see the @
Nevermind
Post 413 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Rather than comment on science and evidence and proof I felt it important to respond the posted video of "mind boggling" information posted above. I had been asked and agreed to research this same person…"Missler" and his ideals of hidden codes and so forth.

My notes from that are included here...

Missler himself was an author and when he began publishing books was immediately sued twice successfully for plagiarism.

In the video around a 1:40 the name Mark Wyatt appears on your screen...he is a fake and charlatan associated with multiple claims that he had found the ark, the site of the crucifixtion, the arc of the covenant and many other important sites. National Geographick and many other entities have produced programs thoroughly debunking this fraud. See here...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ron_Wyatt

Missler states the 66 books of the bible as written over 66 generations...given the accepted meaning of a generation is thirty years that would place the bible at almost 2,000 years old...when theologists have dated its origins to no older than 1500 years.

It is stated there are thousands of versions of the bible and all are the same other than minor meanings changed in translations. This is simply not the case....there are over 8,000 different translations and no two are alike. When viewing the statue of Moses coming down from the mount carved by Michaelangelo the piece has horns on its head, because the translation for the word used was accepted as horns when it in fact mean....light.
There were eight original versions of the King James bible made of which no original copies remain to test .

Finally...here are multiple debunkings of the codes, methods used to create them and finally the established facts that anyone can use any text and replicate similar results, provided you accept you will be given a sequence of letters with no vowels and are basically guessing what name or incident fits that series of consonants.

http://christianobserver.net/bible-codes-prophecies-or-heresies/

https://www.lcg.org/bible-studies/study-topic-bible-code-what-enthusiasts-overlook

https://forward.com/culture/157033/bible-codes-a-lie-that-won-t-die/

"One reason that Bible Codes have gone out of fashion is that mathematicians and statisticians have thoroughly, completely and convincingly disproved them. For example, Barry Simon of the Caltech mathematics department has shown that any sufficiently large text will have similar letter patterns in it. Famously, the same algorithms used in the Bible Codes yielded similarly “prophetic” results when used on Hebrew translations of “War and Peace.”
Indeed, when, in 1997, popular author Michael Drosnin (who wrote a book on the subject) challenged critics to find the same “prophecy” regarding the assassination of Yitzhak Rabin in “Moby Dick” as Bible Codes folks had found in the Bible, Australian computer scientist Brendan McKay did just that, and for good measure he found letter arrangements predicting the assassinations of Trotsky, Gandhi and Martin Luther King, Jr.

In other words, the Bible Codes are bunk."

I did investigate this person and their ideals as I was asked...and I suggest anyone considering this "information" take time to do the legwork.
Carry on
Post 414 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkseid_of_town

Missler himself was an author and when he began publishing books was immediately sued twice successfully for plagiarism.

Just like an evolutionist to throw up a persons past. Always trying to degrade people's characters. Reguardless if they were acquitted or not. That's like someone claiming your a racist, then people believe it cause it went to court even though it was throw out.

Quote:
In the video around a 1:40 the name Mark Wyatt appears on your screen...he is a fake and charlatan associated with multiple claims that he had found the ark...

So? He used a picture of the guy in his presentation.... Big deal. Who'd to daddy he's a "fake?" You? Haha. Move on.

Quote:
In other words, the Bible Codes are bunk."

Really? Why because people that hate God made websites and said so?

Stop spreading BS...
Post 415 IP   flag post
Check the names of the people debunking the codes...they are CHRISTIAN websites, thanks
Post 416 IP   flag post
Quote:
Check the names of the people debunking the codes...they are CHRISTIAN websites, thanks

Not the "codes" that's found in the video I posted earlier... and like I said, you can be a wolf in sheep's clothing. Make a site, & claim to be a Christian... BS
Post 417 IP   flag post
You mean similar to what you are doing here in the forum I assume, point made . Again thanks
Post 418 IP   flag post
ohh and incidentally he did not use a picture of the guy as you state...watch your own video. He posted a message onscreen saying...research Ron Hyatt...
Post 419 IP   flag post
Quote:
You mean similar to what you are doing here in the forum I assume, point made . Again thanks

Ok your not an evolutionist your a Satanist.
How's that? Telling me in not a Christian...
Go play with your little transformers you grown ass man.... pathetic.
Post 420 IP   flag post

Here you go...so you know whats in the video you posted
Post 421 IP   flag post
@Darkseid_of_town I know what's in the video..... evolutionist love to claim everything is fake to try to disprove God. It's pathetic and down right boring.

You're boring.... I thought you said you're going to stop posting comments here for the 5th time...
Post 422 IP   flag post
now now , remember you said you love me right.....please be polite I did not attack you, I discredited your phony sham code reader .I also provided multiple sources of evidence to establish he is clearly and solidly fake.
Post 423 IP   flag post
@Darkseid_of_town dude. You didn't discredit jack... only in your delusional mind....
By the way, I discredited your fake evolution theory with common sense. I know you read the post.... Get over it and move on. Stop spreading lies about people. Thx
Post 424 IP   flag post
Quote:
@Darkseid_of_town I know what's in the video..... evolutionist love to claim everything is fake to try to disprove God. It's pathetic and down right boring.

You're boring.... I thought you said you're going to stop posting comments here for the 5th time...
I lied..isn't that what us filthy athiests do best?
Post 425 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Yeah, this thread has outlived its' usefulness.
Post 426 IP   flag post
598065 426 26
Thread locked. No more posts permitted. Return home.