Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector Wyldchyld private msg quote post Address this user
Any on the forum page going to Heroes Con in June? I will be going just wondering if anyone else here is going.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Virgincollector private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyldchyld
Any on the forum page going to Heroes Con in June? I will be going just wondering if anyone else here is going.
I will see you there brother🤗 I’ll have the big hairy service dog so you can’t miss me LOl 😂
Post 2 IP   flag post
If you have a dog with you I am sure we will meet, my daughters can't resist dogs.
Post 3 IP   flag post
CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
👍
Post 4 IP   flag post
Joined The Club Steverogers11 private msg quote post Address this user
Def b there
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector Noblebeast315 private msg quote post Address this user
This will be my first time at Heroes. Coming from VA and will be staying in Charlotte for this.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector tjr909 private msg quote post Address this user
I am planning on going. It would be cool to meet any other board members.
Post 7 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Looking at the guest list I want to go but is is so far from NJ.

There is also an Al Ewing signing near me the Wednesday before the show.

Maybe I will check it out next year.
Post 8 IP   flag post
I go to Heroes every year it's a great show. I will also be coming from Virginia. Would love to meet any if you guys.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRicketts
👍
hey Steve glad you guys from CBCS involve your selfs in these board discussions🤗 now where is my book 😂 LOL. JK
Post 10 IP   flag post
If anyone is interested the rates at the Hilton City Center is a few dollars cheaper than the Heros Con rate at the Westin if you book it with the Hilton app and a Hilton Honors member.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
If anyone is going and is open to doing a favor by picking up a book for me (I'll pay via paypal if the item is in fact not free). Send me a DM.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector MarvelousComics private msg quote post Address this user
I booked a hotel in November! It was originally Me, my 13 year old and wife coming, but my oldest son is taking leave from Okinawa after his Afghanistan deployment to come home for a couple weeks...so the wife stays home.

"Just a couple of wild and crazy guys" - Steve Martin
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
I thought about going, but I hate driving from Atlanta. I'd only consider doing it as a one day trip & back. I'm getting too old for that.
Post 14 IP   flag post
I will be down in Charlotte from Thursday to Sunday, and would be down for doing a group dinner and adult beverage thing. I’m game on any of the nights of the Con. If anyone is interested we can work out the rest of the details.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Collector Gamecube2482 private msg quote post Address this user
I will be there. This is my first time going in a few years. Im hunting for an ASM 2. Im also going to drop off some books to CBCS.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Collector Gamecube2482 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountie73
I booked a hotel in November! It was originally Me, my 13 year old and wife coming, but my oldest son is taking leave from Okinawa after his Afghanistan deployment to come home for a couple weeks...so the wife stays home.

"Just a couple of wild and crazy guys" - Steve Martin

You probably already know this but I saw last week that they changed it to where kids 18 and younger get in free.
Post 17 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
I am sending books to Matt Saltzman at Trinity Comics to get signed at Heroes Con including 7 copies of Kamandi, Last Boy on Earth.
Post 18 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JLS_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
I was trying to go to this one! A couple of my buddies from YouTube and podcasting will be there
Post 19 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hcanes
If anyone is going and is open to doing a favor by picking up a book for me (I'll pay via paypal if the item is in fact not free). Send me a DM.[/quote. Which books? I can help with that brother
Post 20 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Virgincollector
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hcanes
If anyone is going and is open to doing a favor by picking up a book for me (I'll pay via paypal if the item is in fact not free). Send me a DM.
. Which books? I can help with that brother

Thanks @virgincollector I sent you a Private Message
Post 21 IP   flag post
While I’m in the area I always like to do at bit of exploring. I will be bringing my bike and doing a ride down to Freedom Park. I am also probably going to skip the Sunday of the Con and head a little north to visit the Charlotte Raptor Center. I can be honest and say I’m just as tickled to go there as I am the Con!
Post 22 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
I'm going! This is the one I go to every year now. I live in Cincinnati, but I'm born-and-raised Charlotte, and my folks still live here.

In fact, I just got in town a little bit ago. I'll be at the con all three days and would be glad to meet up somewhere. But I likely won't be able to go for dinner, and maybe not for after dinner (depending on how late). However! I can recommend some GREAT places within walking distance.

For adult beverages and great food, you might want to try Rí Rá's, the Irish restaurant and bar. It's on North Tryon, so maybe 8-10 blocks away? They have the best Shepard's Pie you'll ever have this side of the Atlantic.

Even closer (right across the street in fact) is Fuel Pizza and they are terrific. Great pizza, and great wings. The original one is very close to where Heroes is located, Central and the Plaza; but the ones (there are two) downtown are just as good.

And nearby - perhaps 3-4 blocks from the convention center - is a new 50's style diner, the Midnight Diner. Great (if unhealthy) food - burgers and hotdogs and such. Actually, they probably have healthy food, too, but I've never eaten it.

Inside the convention center there is also a BOJANGLES, which is the greatest fried chicken in the Southeast. This location is pretty good, too, and they'll be hoppin' all day. I just had Bojangles today, at the very first one I could find on the drive down. (They aren't in Cincy yet, but they are getting closer.)

Phone number is ... well, I won't post it here, because I could never delete it if I did. But if you google my name and find my CURRICULUM VITAE (like a resume), it's on there, if you want to hit me up, or you have any questions about Charlotte.

Or you could just pm me.
Post 23 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
I'm having trouble prioritizing which books to get signed and graded, but I think I've finally decided on sketch covers. I plan to get three this year ... we'll see if it works out that way.
Post 24 IP   flag post
Hey Hcanes this is yours brother I’ll mail out Tuesday 😉
Post 25 IP   flag post

A couple Clayton Crains signed. 😀
Post 26 IP   flag post
I got some nice ones today as well, but I didn’t snap any pics before CBCS took them. He’s a great person to get sigs from because he has such a sharp signature, and he seems to care about placement and color. Awesome man congrats!
Post 27 IP   flag post
I will be walking around with my son.

I am wearing a "Scouts of America" shirt in a Sons of Anarchy design we had made for our Class-B shirts.

If you see me, say HI!
Post 28 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedsaid
I'm having trouble prioritizing which books to get signed and graded, but I think I've finally decided on sketch covers. I plan to get three this year ... we'll see if it works out that way.

Get some pics of the sketch covers and share before you submit. Those who cant attend have to live vicariously through you guys!

Good stuff being posted so far.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Three covers by Tim Vigil

Pirate Rick by Kyle Starks

Post 30 IP   flag post
597867 53 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?