Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector MarvelousComics private msg quote post Address this user

A couple Clayton Crains signed. 😀
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector Noblebeast315 private msg quote post Address this user
I got some nice ones today as well, but I didn’t snap any pics before CBCS took them. He’s a great person to get sigs from because he has such a sharp signature, and he seems to care about placement and color. Awesome man congrats!
Post 27 IP   flag post
I will be walking around with my son.

I am wearing a "Scouts of America" shirt in a Sons of Anarchy design we had made for our Class-B shirts.

If you see me, say HI!
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedsaid
I'm having trouble prioritizing which books to get signed and graded, but I think I've finally decided on sketch covers. I plan to get three this year ... we'll see if it works out that way.

Get some pics of the sketch covers and share before you submit. Those who cant attend have to live vicariously through you guys!

Good stuff being posted so far.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Three covers by Tim Vigil

Pirate Rick by Kyle Starks

Post 30 IP   flag post

Picked these up for $15 each.

Post 31 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
Any sigs?
Mike Royer is there, right? Wednesday he mentioned a possible communications problem with his flight booking.
Post 32 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
Never mind, I just checked Facebook and they did send him the info he needed.
Post 33 IP   flag post
This is the last of what I was able to walk away with. Or had to walk away....so I wouldn't buy more.

Post 34 IP   flag post
Collector Wyldchyld private msg quote post Address this user
Here is what I picked up today. The Cloak and Dagger is signed by Rick Leonardi. The Battlestar Galactica signed by Bob McCloud. Red Sonja signed by Joe Linsner. The Usagi #1 signed by Stan Sakai. The two limited edition Usagi #1 are signed
by Stan Sakai and Charles Vess. These are extras and are for sale. PM if you are interested. $125 for the limited editions and $25 other Usagi (It is a second print). PM me if you are interested.

Post 35 IP   flag post
Another great Heroes Con. Only picked up one book today. Billy Tucci did this Kamala Kahn Ms Marvel for us. I love Billy's art and he is such a nice person.
Post 36 IP   flag post
I stayed in Charlotte for the Con but was there mostly on Friday. Saturday I was there as well, but I spent the whole day on Saturday (4 and 1/2 hours), trying to get Bill sienkiewicz‘s signature (Long story for another post). After that fiasco I decided to ditch Sunday and head on off to the Caroline Raptor Center. It was a small facility but it was great with a really nice variety of birds. Staff was also really cool and one of them had a weekend pass bracelet for Heroes.

Anyways, while I was at the Con I did get to meet one of our forum members. It was very nice meeting you VirginCollector. My apologies for distracting you while
You were handling your business. Your service dog is beautiful (or handsome).

My best sigs for Clayton Crain & sienkiewicz got turned in for grading, but I did nab a couple of other sigs while I was there:

I think Ingot this book from Tedsaid.

Got this one from Poka in his last Flash sale.

Was going to get this one graded, but realized it had a stain on the cover while waiting line for the sig (you get a lot of time to analyze your books while you are waiting 4 and 1/2 hours to be seen).

Huge Thanks to Lee and Steve from CBCS for being outstanding professionals, and all around great people. Your assistance was much appreciated as always. All the best to you brothers!
Post 37 IP   flag post
I only bought two books while I was there:

Post 38 IP   flag post
Joined The Club Steverogers11 private msg quote post Address this user

picked these up from Roberts and Gator
Post 39 IP   flag post
My Tomb of Dracula 25 came from Dale Roberts. It was a little steeper than I was wanting to pay for it but it is a nice looking book. He wrote 9.2 in the back. I paid $55, but sold a couple of books to Jason Hamlin, so I basically parlayed those funds over to this book.
Post 40 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Had a GREAT time at HeroesCon this year. I, along with @Noblebeast315, also saw @Virgincollector because of his beautiful service dog. It was funny though, because I got his handle mixed up with @VaComicsGuy, so I thought he was from Virginia. Apparently I've been misreading his handle as "Virginia Collector" for god knows how long.

I managed to get three commissions this year, but I missed out on some I really tried for. Gene Ha! is not someone I've heard of, but he's done some amazing sketches. His list filled up before I got there every single day.

Also, Steve Epting is one of my top 10 favorite artists, and also does beautiful convention sketches. His list also filled up before I got there every single day. But I did get some signatures and prints.

BUT ... I really like the three I did get: one known and popular artist (Jeff Dekal) and two unknowns. I also forgot to take a picture of Jeff's Black Canary piece for you all, so you'll just have to imagine that for now. I'll post it in three months or so.

Anyway, here's the Superman #1 homage I asked for, and the artist is named AC Zamudio. Soooooo good. Especially for just $70. She'll be more expensive soon, I'll bet. She was working on a Swamp Thing commission that would knock your socks off.

I managed to get witnessed sigs from: Lee Weeks (!), Jeff Dekal, Jenny Frison (!), Skottie Young (great guy), José Luis García-López (!!), and Robbi Rodriguez. I missed out on Bill Sienkiewicz, Sergio Aragonez, and Stan Sakai (Usagi Yojimbo creator), because their lines were loooooong. Especially Bill's. Also, Jason Latour kept not being at his table. Maybe next year!

Post 41 IP   flag post
Collector Virgincollector private msg quote post Address this user
Wow hero’s con was amazing and it was awesome meeting all the guys from the forums🤗. Next time we all need to meet up for dinner or something😉! Unfortunately I don’t have many pictures to add yet because they were mostly all submitted to CBCS. I submitted 80 books this time, mostly all signature series. I did want to share my secret wars #8 so I made sure I took a pic before it goes to Vancouver to get signed by by Jim shooter🤗 but so far it has been signed and sketched by mike Zeck and John beatty! 😱
Post 42 IP   flag post
I also have a ton of original art buttons from like every artist there! Even Jenny frisson did a button for me and Stan saki did a button also! Wish I had gotten dawn matigue to do one she is so freakin awesome. I’ll share pics in a bit of those buttons
Post 43 IP   flag post
Collector Gamecube2482 private msg quote post Address this user
I enjoyed Heroes Con. Finally got my Amazing Spidey 2. Even though it is low grade. I hope to drop it off at a con in Charlotte in August if CBCS will be there.
Post 44 IP   flag post
Ok here are the original art buttons I had made over a three day span a phew we’re unsigned 😢. But most all of them are signed !! Try to guess some sigs and let me know what you think. I’m the only one who was able to get Jenny frisson and Stan Sakai to do a button and I’m pretty sure Scottie young and Bill McKay only did one for me . These are definitely priceless 🤗 sorry had to brag a little 🤪😜

Post 45 IP   flag post
Really cool buttons. We normally get several done but not on this trip.
Post 46 IP   flag post
This is a bit off subject but I received this in the mail from one of my favorite rick and morty artists!!😱 not sure how many people in the forum know who David Roman is but this is his original art!! I payed for this commission at NYCC 2018 and it is now in hand😱😱😱😱 just amazing!!venom rick VS morty carnage ASM #361 homage
Post 47 IP   flag post
Those buttons are really cool. Good for you man. Keep it up!
Post 48 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noblebeast315

You know, I saw the "button guy" when I was in line to get in. I'll bet he's very successful, because these are pretty dang cool.
Post 49 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

You know, I saw the "button guy" when I was in line to get in. I'll bet he's very successful, because these are pretty dang cool.
bro he probably made so much money! The best part is he was only charging $3 a button all you had to do was get the artist to do something🤗. I tried getting every artist to sign there art but i must have forgotten to ask the artist for the spider Gwen 🤷‍♂️. But yeah the guy who ran the button stand definitely had an awesome idea and made it happen. I think he was at SC comic con but he wasn’t passing out blanks in line like hero’s con.
Post 50 IP   flag post
imagine being able to get these verified 🤔. Someone with a lot of determination can make a killing reselling these 🤪😜
Post 51 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Virgincollector
Quote:
Quote:

bro he probably made so much money! The best part is he was only charging $3 a button all you had to do was get the artist to do something🤗. I tried getting every artist to sign there art but i must have forgotten to ask the artist for the spider Gwen 🤷‍♂️. But yeah the guy who ran the button stand definitely had an awesome idea and made it happen. I think he was at SC comic con but he wasn’t passing out blanks in line like hero’s con.

Oh I see now. I didn’t realize there was a button guy, with a whole Button racket. I just thought I was your thing. Seems like folks out there all have their own thing they like to do at Cons. Sigs, commissioned art, sketch covers, photos, I even saw a lady getting a keepsake box getting signed by everyone. It’s cool that the artist are cool with participating in the button sketches. I’ve never asked for a sketch. Maybe I will give it a shot next time around.
Post 52 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Virgincollector
The best part is he was only charging $3 a button all you had to do was get the artist to do something🤗. I tried getting every artist to sign there art but i must have forgotten to ask the artist for the spider Gwen 🤷‍♂️.

Was that Robbi Rodriguez? I got his signature on a Edge of Spider-verse #2. Which I was perfectly happy to own, but it sure was a downer seeing 5-6 people in line at the grading company booth, and 3-4 of them ALSO had Edge of Spider-verse #2. (And at least two of those had the limited edition variant!)

Anyway, Robbi was a really nice guy. So I can see him being willing to go above and beyond on the really nice "button" sketch you posted above.
Post 53 IP   flag post
600885 53 28
This topic is archived. Start new topic?