Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Art Original ArtworkArt Sketch Covers

Sketch Cover Question9127

Collector DarthHam private msg quote post Address this user
Sorry if this has been answered before. I’ve recently purchased a few of these blank covers, but I’m confused as to why they have 2 covers on them. The obvious answer would be to have a completely blank cover instead of a partial one. Am i correct to assume this? If the artist draws on the second cover page does the first cover have a purpose?

Post 1 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Those are protective sleeves from publisher. You are free to remove them. It's like a dust cover jacket. Grading companies will remove them before grading, anyway.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector DarthHam private msg quote post Address this user
Oh ok thanks for clarifying!!!
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Buzbe private msg quote post Address this user
Most grading companies can be asked leave cover if it’s grade matches the rest of the book or high; or if the customer requested. My personal thought is to leave in tact if possible, or if signed to protect the completeness of the issue. My thought is how complete is it truly if this has been removed- from a true collectors point of veiw.
Post 4 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
@Buzbe As complete as any other sketch cover. Apparently most/all sketch covers are produced with them but they are removed before distribution. DC just stopped doing that last step
Post 5 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
I have a bunch of marvel sketch covers too with them.
Post 6 IP   flag post
I know on old books the dust covers add wealth to the price,but the question comes in 60 year when you grandchildren are having them appraised what impact will the had? Will they harm the art or protect it, because we all understand the effect light has on ink, what will be the out is the gamble? Unless you burn the before you die and never pass the on.
Post 7 IP   flag post
P.s. stop damaging the dust cover that way the don’t you not damaging the overall value as a whole set. Many people like me see the book as incomplete because the dust cover is a part of the finale press release unlike clear plastic bag some people convent.
Post 8 IP   flag post
600857 8 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?