Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector Torr102 private msg quote post Address this user
Is there a price guide online or monthly subscription available to see how much your comics are worth? You know how Beckett has a price guide for sports cards, I was wondering if there’s something similar for comics.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Joined The Club Steverogers11 private msg quote post Address this user
Go collect prob the best day to day
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steverogers11
Go collect prob the best day to day
I also use gocollect and look at it daily. However the prices are for graded books only, based on their fair market value of actual sales. So for graded books, it is a great source.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector RRO private msg quote post Address this user
The last time I accesses GoCollect I found it lacking. There were many books under represented and it appeared to be not up to date with older books.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector Torr102 private msg quote post Address this user
I was looking at mycomicshop is that any good?
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector Peanutt private msg quote post Address this user
There is:
comicspriceguide
comicbookrealm
Those are a couple that I use.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRO
The last time I accesses GoCollect I found it lacking. There were many books under represented and it appeared to be not up to date with older books.
I pay the $5.99 monthly fee. You might be looking at the free one which is limited. Here are some screenshots that I took of Phantom Lady #16. This book has a great cover by Matt Baker done in 1948. I tried picking an older book that I felt would have some activity on the market. Sorry, the top of my phone info was captured in each screenshot.

Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
Like @Peanutt said, comicspriceguide.com is good.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torr102

I use it all the time. Just keep in mind: the comics listed here are, by definition, not sold yet. So prices tend to be a bit high sometimes.

I balance it out with GPA analysis, "sold" comics on eBay or Heritage Auctions, and Overstreet (physical annual Price Guide.) Overstreet is the longest running price guide for comics, going back decades. It is comprehensive, but conservative. Overstreet does not put prices for condition higher than 9.2, due to volatility, and of course it is only updated once a year. Some people don't like it, but I'm old school.

Anyway, "sold" listings on eBay is super useful for the quickly changing stuff. And MyComicShop is a GREAT place to sell graded comics.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector KYoung_1974 private msg quote post Address this user
After looking and looking for a reliable on-line guide I have given up and use a combination of ComicBookRealm, gocollect, and completed auctions/sales on Ebay
Post 10 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KYoung_1974
After looking and looking for a reliable on-line guide I have given up and use a combination of ComicBookRealm, gocollect, and completed auctions/sales on Ebay

When I got back into collecting 3-4 years ago, I used ComicBookRealm a LOT. But I don't anymore. It led me astray too often, and I overpaid for a lot of books. Now I only use online auctions (MCS, eBay, ComicLink, ComicConnect), Overstreet, and GPA to get a realistic value for what I could expect if I sell something.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector KYoung_1974 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedsaid
Quote:
Originally Posted by KYoung_1974

When I got back into collecting 3-4 years ago, I used ComicBookRealm a LOT. But I don't anymore. It led me astray too often, and I overpaid for a lot of books. Now I only use online auctions (MCS, eBay, ComicLink, ComicConnect), Overstreet, and GPA to get a realistic value for what I could expect if I sell something.

comic Book Realm has definitely been off on some things, but I use it as general ballpark mainly because it's easy to navigate. I've had the same issues with my paid GoCollect account, tbh because of the way it averages out the auction sales or because certain grades haven't sold, etc.

At the end of the day, it's really all a crap shoot.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torr102

Only if you want to know what people are asking for their books. Otherwise it won't help determining what people are actually getting.
Completed sales data is the best way (Go Collect, GPA, Watchcount).
Post 13 IP   flag post
PEDIGREED... Again! martymann private msg quote post Address this user
I found Nostomania to be helpful.

Marty
Post 14 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Yep, nostomania is good for values and tracking collection, but ebay sold listings is still king of up to the minute value in this volatile market.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Watchcount (eBay sales) is free, just be sure you click on COMPLETED ITEMS in the SEARCH column (on the left) before typing a comic book # in the search window. When it takes you to the COMPLETED listings, be sure to check the box Sold Items Only:
Post 16 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Some solid advice there, always best using sales data from actual sales rather than sites that attempt to extrapolate trends and prices based on their own information....I am fond of GPA and looking at ebay finished sales, etc.

Some of the online sites are riddled with mistakes, listing errors, and poorly researched data.
Post 17 IP   flag post
I love using Stash My Comics to keep track of my collection, but the values are hilarious! Plus you're able to specify if a book is graded, and by who, but it doesn't affect the value.

According to "them" (or their system), my collection values around 35-40% higher than I estimate.
Post 18 IP   flag post
Collector AnkurJ private msg quote post Address this user
Dreckcheck.com is a site a few friends and I are working on. It’s acwirk in progress but auction records include CBCS books, and results from comic connect and comiclink.
Post 19 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnkurJ
Dreckcheck.com is a site a few friends and I are working on. It’s acwirk in progress but auction records include CBCS books, and results from comic connect and comiclink.

I've been fiddling around with Dreck Check since it was announced a few weeks ago. If you are looking for prices for a certain comic in a certain grade, I highly recommend it!!! You can set a grade range, choose which grading company and even how far back to look. It also includes Heritage and eBay sales.

The original art lookup is a bit more difficult to wade through. But if you want to invest the time to research and look through the results, you can get a lot of good info there!!! And things are definitely being improved upon!!!

Overall, I really like the site and it is my go to price guide now!!! Especially for slab sales!!!
Post 20 IP   flag post
600460 20 20
This topic is archived. Start new topic?