Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Raw Comics For Sale

Opinion On Comic Book Auction Closing Tonight9103

Collector jpav private msg quote post Address this user
I was looking at this auction for a while and it appears there are a lot of comics that are very cheap right now is there a rule of thumb as to how much I can expect these to go up so I can adjust my bids accordingly. I appreciate any help or advice you can give.

https://www.bidrustbelt.com/Event/Details/53447230/JRP-Collectibles-Comic-Book-Collection-Valley-View-OH
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector QuaBrot private msg quote post Address this user
Rule of thumb at auctions is figure out beforehand what you want to pay (remember there are commissions AND shipping costs!) and bid that amount. If you don't follow this rule you may end up paying way more than you want - whether because you got into a bidding war or you bid what you wanted and now have to pay 15% or more in commissions plus shipping.

As for what prices will go to - that is the unpredictability of auctions. Sometimes you get an incredible bargain, sometimes things sell for a crazy number . . .
Post 2 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
I generally dont buy raw comics, but I clicked on a few books and there arent multiple pictures to show the books in detail.

Not sure how you can determine an accurate grade if you cant see the books condition.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
What about "Rust Belt Auctions" in respect to staples?
Post 4 IP   flag post
600516 4 4
This topic is archived. Start new topic?